ATGS Album Cover??

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Re: ATGS Album Cover??

Post by Phili »

You guys do know that this is supposed to be a spoof of a shitty 80s cover, right? Hence the half-ripped sticker, the terrible graphics, the word "stereo" in the corner, and the use of the term "Solid Gold"?

Employ your brains for a minute. The cover is genius.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Yeah, like it's an airplane and all their other album covers. Nothing really that original besides that plane...
BLINKER
First name: Josh

Post by BLINKER »

i think its a space shuttle... :grin:
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

...Why are you saying "yeah" as though you're agreeing with me? Don't connect your comment to mine, please. *thumbs up*
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I didn't know the price tag was part of the cover, I thought someone just scanned it and did a crap job of taking the tag off.

Anyway, now that I see it as a joke, I find it even more funny that a collection of Sum 41's "greatest" songs is under their shittiest cover, haha.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

^ No, it's covering the last two letters of "shit" on purpose. The album isn't out yet so couldn't have a price tag on it.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Phili wrote:^ No, it's covering the last two letters of "shit" on purpose. The album isn't out yet so couldn't have a price tag on it.
Well, yeah I know that now. lol
ReemFTW
All Killer No Filler
First name: Reem

Post by ReemFTW »

Yeah same, at first I thought it was just there and someone tried to rip it off, and I was like, "Putting the price tag on the swear word is so UAE of them."

I kind of guessed that it was a joke because of the Solid Gold, but it's still an ugly cover, joke or not. :silly:
I still don't understand the space shuttle, I mean it contributes to the 80's ness, but does it have a specific significance? I doubt it.

I actually wouldn't have known it was a shitty 80's cover if it weren't for Phili. The only thing I could tell was the Solid Gold, otherwise I have no idea what 80's covers look like. :neutral:
So thanks :]
*best signature in the world*
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, the "Solid Gold" kind of gives it away that it's supposed to be old.

When I first saw the shuttle, it reminded me of their song, "Astronaut". So maybe it's paying homage to one of their first songs.

Or maybe it's just there to make the cover a lot more tacky?
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Phili wrote:...Why are you saying "yeah" as though you're agreeing with me? Don't connect your comment to mine, please. *thumbs up*
whoops sorry, I didn't know mine was after yours. I only read pages 1 & 2. Sometimes I say yeah, but really how do you find it so good? Like the album arts of all the albums, and an airplane. At least with the Japanese version there was some originality to it.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, yeah, now that I actually see the price tag is a part of it (I too thought someone did a crappy scanning job) I could see the way it spoofs the 80s covers and all (yeah, the "Solid Gold" kinda gave it away), but still, I mean, it could be funny for us fans and all, but say someone who just heard about the band decides to buy a CD by them and he sees the best of album and thinks it could be the best to get it, but the cover is so weird and shitty for someone who doesn't now Sum 41 that he would probably pass and won't buy it after all XD
Aaron
Underclass Hero
First name: Aaron
360 Gamer Tag: xRG West
Instrument 1: Trumpet
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Aaron »

ok, we've got the space shuttle and the price tag figured out, but what's with the wings on it?
"Nice Guys Finish Last" -Leo Durocher
My masters are Still Waiting and Madjid
My Brothers and Sisters are Jake, Sara, and Heather.
My Noobs are Sum41Ant27 turtlehobopirate. My Grand-Noob is GutterDreams.
We have a messed up family :)
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

^^
Maybe it ran out of fuel and grew wings to fly :lol:

That's what I think! :razz:
ReemFTW
All Killer No Filler

Post by ReemFTW »

^Yeah! Maybe the fuel was Dave, and the wings 'grew' during the Underclass Hero era, when they practically restarted everything from the beginning.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Hentaiman wrote:Well, yeah, now that I actually see the price tag is a part of it (I too thought someone did a crappy scanning job) I could see the way it spoofs the 80s covers and all (yeah, the "Solid Gold" kinda gave it away), but still, I mean, it could be funny for us fans and all, but say someone who just heard about the band decides to buy a CD by them and he sees the best of album and thinks it could be the best to get it, but the cover is so weird and shitty for someone who doesn't now Sum 41 that he would probably pass and won't buy it after all XD
Since when do people who don't like the band buy the greatest hits album anyway? Maybe when they're no longer active, it will be a concern, but for now it's for the fans.

And Sum41Ant27, I don't think you even read my post.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

^

I don't fans like us would actually care about it. Sure, we all gonna buy it but just for the sake of collecting every Sum 41 CD. Some people might actually buy it cuz they will see like "NEW! Sum 41 Greatest Hits!" and they will go "Hey I wanted to check those guys for a while, maybe with this new greatest hits its the time", then he'll see this lame ass artwork hahaha.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

No.

I can't really expand on that response 'cause that's all I feel like I need to say.

Just... no.
Sara
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Sara
Instrument 1: Acoustic.. kinda.
Instrument 2: Bass.. sorta.

Post by Sara »

I'm starting to fall in lvoe with this cover. It means SO MUCH!
I'm thinking:
Dave's in the stars 'cause of "just look up to the stars" and he's a former band member and all
It's a space shuttle because of their first song: Astronaut (First recorded song at least, right?)
There's a gold ring around DTLI? because it's their best album :2cool4u: Okay or maybe cause it's in the middle or something.
It IS supposed to look old and crappy and sorta relates to the We're All To Blame music video. It was easy to notice the "Solid Gold" "STEREO" and all the other old stuff in the first look
and it just all makes sense.

I love this cover! It is so creative. I pick this over artwork like Chuck tbh.
But I totally agree with Hentaiman. Someone's only heard of Sum 41, lets say, and wants to check them out. So they decide to buy the greatest hits so they can have a sort of sum (41) of all their good songs. At least that's what I was going to do with Blink-182. People that dont know anything about The Sums would judge the in a weird way. But I have to admit, each of their artwork is totally different than the other. Which is awesome. So they're not exactly supposed to judge.
I would pick this over some cover like Blink's greatest hits. Honestly, this is really unique. And also, since they've been friends since like.. ever, it also may have a personal meaning we dont know about. =]
Last.fm sig cause I'm not creative. =)
ReemFTW
All Killer No Filler

Post by ReemFTW »

^ :agreed: with nearly everything you said.

Chuck was a very deep album, thus the artwork for it practically portrayed everything in it, lyrics and meaning and everything. The album itself was artistic, so was the cover.

But ATGS is a different issue. It's a sentimental cover, with many hidden meanings in it.
Sara
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Sara
Instrument 1: Acoustic.. kinda.
Instrument 2: Bass.. sorta.

Post by Sara »

Well yeah. You're right, you can't exactly compare them. But the fact that it covers their whole time together gives it meaning.
Last.fm sig cause I'm not creative. =)