windows goes crazy

Calling all nerds! Talk tech in this forum.

Moderator: Boni

Neverwakeup
Billy Spleen
First name: SEBASTIAN
AKA: are you british?
360 Gamer Tag: WFC4LIFE HOOAH
PSN ID: piss ID
Instrument 1: CIA
Instrument 2: MI6
Instrument 3: BND

windows goes crazy

Post by Neverwakeup »

okay I installed since two weeks every 2nd day vista again on my computer. For 24 hours everying works fine, but after installing games my computer does not work fine anymore. It does boot windows only after the 2nd attempt, the 1st boot attempt fails with a message "read disk error". After that I pulled the power cable and let the pc off for 5 minutes. Then windows is able to boot but not so quick as usual and when I start a program it starts immediately to freeze and I can move the cursor, but cant open the taskmanager to kill the process.

The other problem appears when I install vista. The pc can only perform an installation without crash when I pull the cable of the dsl modem. Has anyone a tip or a clue what is wrong with my pc?

please, no gender change!

x-treme BILLY SPLEEN forever!!!!
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Shiv
PSN ID: Communsim
Instrument 1: Guitar

Re: windows goes crazy

Post by Shiv »

boniblueboy to the rescue :hehe:
but im pretty sure its not the game's fault....
try a system restore

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff53 ... 1252973533[/imgwidth]

Neverwakeup
Billy Spleen
First name: SEBASTIAN
AKA: are you british?
360 Gamer Tag: WFC4LIFE HOOAH
PSN ID: piss ID
Instrument 1: CIA
Instrument 2: MI6
Instrument 3: BND

Post by Neverwakeup »

I did a system restore with the repair console but that didnt work eighter... :sosad:

please, no gender change!

x-treme BILLY SPLEEN forever!!!!
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Shiv »

Neverwakeup wrote:I did a system restore with the repair console but that didnt work eighter... :sosad:
u should reinstall windows lol
that always solves everything :happy:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff53 ... 1252973533[/imgwidth]

Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Dude if it says disk read error then your hard drive is dying,

My advice is to get a new one and try it on that before blaming Windows, but usually when Windows fails to load due to a "Disk Read" it could be a few things, the first it could be the Master Boot Record is fucked but since Windows does load it can;t be that.

I believe the hard drive is almost fucked, but I could be wrong but by what your telling me it sounds like it.
[donate][/donate]
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Shiv »

boniboyblue wrote:Dude if it says disk read error then your hard drive is dying,

My advice is to get a new one and try it on that before blaming Windows, but usually when Windows fails to load due to a "Disk Read" it could be a few things, the first it could be the Master Boot Record is fucked but since Windows does load it can;t be that.

I believe the hard drive is almost fucked, but I could be wrong but by what your telling me it sounds like it.
knew boniboyblue would come to the rescue :silly:

Boni
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Boni »

Shiv wrote:
boniboyblue wrote:Dude if it says disk read error then your hard drive is dying,

Well I am a Desktop Support Technician and hope to get my MCSE in a few years :D
[donate][/donate]
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Shiv »

boniboyblue wrote:
Shiv wrote:

Well I am a Desktop Support Technician and hope to get my MCSE in a few years :D
mcse??
dont u work for microsoft?

Boni
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Boni »

Shiv wrote:
boniboyblue wrote:
Shiv wrote:

mcse??
No, I work part-time at lidl to support me at college, I have never worked for Microsoft I just have a MS certificate and a MCSE is another Microsoft Certificate that will allow to be a Systems Engineer hopefully landed me a helluva job in networking.

MCSE = Microsoft Certified System's Engineer
[donate][/donate]
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Shiv »

boniboyblue wrote:
Shiv wrote:
boniboyblue wrote:
Shiv wrote:

mcse??
No, I work part-time at lidl to support me at college, I have never worked for Microsoft I just have a MS certificate and a MCSE is another Microsoft Certificate that will allow to be a Systems Engineer hopefully landed me a helluva job in networking.

MCSE = Microsoft Certified System's Engineer
thats so sick dude
good luck :silly: