User avatar
Heather
Moderator
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:43 pm
First name: Heather
Age: 26
Gender:
Instrument 1: vocals
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

UH album art - the bee

Post by Heather »

I saw someone ask what the meaning of the bee was, so I asked Cone

Date:
Feb 3, 2009 1:26 AM
RE: UH Question
Body:

Alot of the art of that album represents the lyrics. So there's hidden meaning everywhere.
----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: fenderrocks
Date: Jan 28, 2009 3:51 PM

Hey Cone, thanks for looking at my site (fansite connection)I really appreciate it.
I have a question about the UH album art. What does the bee represent or mean?
thanks
Heather
Image
User avatar
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:52 am
First name: Shiv
Age: 17
Gender:
n00b: Punkrock101
PSN ID: Communsim
Instrument 1: Guitar
Contact:

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by Shiv »

hah thats a curious question

i was wondering that too, but i had no idea there was lyrical connection :holyshit:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff53 ... 1252973533[/imgwidth]

Image
User avatar
skates
Billy Spleen
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:44 pm
First name: Fran
Age: 20
Gender:
Location: AA

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by skates »

what does it mean ... MMM
Last edited by skates on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
upperclasszero
Dr. Dynamite
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:40 pm
First name: Jake
Age: 19
Gender:
n00b: WillySpleen
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Drums
Location: New Jersey

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by upperclasszero »

what bee?
Children of the beast embrace,
To scorn and the human race,
Consume the light that hugs the earth,
And aid the womb in giving birth,
To a group that will appear,
And guide you through this final year,
The dark armies then will come,
When the sum is 41

Image
WillySpleen is my n00b
User avatar
Tyler41
Walking Disaster
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:28 am
Age: 25
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Piano
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by Tyler41 »

heres the connection with the bee

in one of the songs (only one song tho) deryck says the word "be"

tada

jk

i wonder what the connection really is
All that I need is time for me to breathe. Dream little dreams that only I believe. Now that I see beyond the light, I'm gonna be, I'll be alright.
Madjid
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:10 am
Gender:
n00b: Messi
Location: Mascara, Algeria

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by Madjid »

It's actually "Best of Bee" not "Best of me"
That is why there's a bee on the cover.
It's Best of Bee.

Does it make sence now?

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
User avatar
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:32 pm
First name: Andrea
Age: 24
Gender:
n00b: xmarryxx Da_Aman
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_
Location: Catalonia, Europe, the Earth , Milky Way

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by Druska »

lyrical connection ...where?
User avatar
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:52 am
First name: Shiv
Age: 17
Gender:
n00b: Punkrock101
PSN ID: Communsim
Instrument 1: Guitar
Contact:

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by Shiv »

Still Waiting wrote:lyrical connection ...where?
he basically said the pictures represent the lyrics

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff53 ... 1252973533[/imgwidth]

Image
User avatar
Heather
Moderator
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:43 pm
First name: Heather
Age: 26
Gender:
Instrument 1: vocals
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by Heather »

upperclasszero wrote:what bee?
there is a bee under the cd, like if you take the cd out, the bee pic is under it. also on the heart design and there is one on the "Best of Me" lyric page
madjid wrote:It's actually "Best of Bee" not "Best of me"
That is why there's a bee on the cover.
It's Best of Bee.

Does it make sence now?
huh......
Image
Madjid
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:10 am
Gender:
n00b: Messi
Location: Mascara, Algeria

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by Madjid »

fenderrocks wrote: there is one on the "Best of Me" lyric page
See? i told you so :winkwink:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
User avatar
upperclasszero
Dr. Dynamite
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:40 pm
First name: Jake
Age: 19
Gender:
n00b: WillySpleen
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Drums
Location: New Jersey

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by upperclasszero »

o now i remember
Children of the beast embrace,
To scorn and the human race,
Consume the light that hugs the earth,
And aid the womb in giving birth,
To a group that will appear,
And guide you through this final year,
The dark armies then will come,
When the sum is 41

Image
WillySpleen is my n00b
User avatar
ReemFTW
All Killer No Filler
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:11 pm
First name: Reem
Age: 15
Gender:
n00b: Minna ;O
Location: Dubai. :[
Contact:

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by ReemFTW »

Oh, I thought maybe it could represent the working class, bees work for their queen etc...
*best signature in the world*
User avatar
d4rkst4r
Dr. Dynamite
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:03 am
First name: Kevin
Age: 19
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by d4rkst4r »

can someone get a pick about what their talking about so we're all on the same page?
tomhoppus is my hero.
Image
User avatar
Jeremy Kill
Moderator
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 pm
Gender:

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by Jeremy Kill »

The heart on the back of the lyric book is the Sacred Heart with chains instead of thorns I believe and there's like smoke stacks and a fly on it. Anyway, since the album has a bunch of religious references, the Sacred Heart is quite fitting.

As for the bee... I don't know.
User avatar
Heather
Moderator
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:43 pm
First name: Heather
Age: 26
Gender:
Instrument 1: vocals
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by Heather »

GreenReem41 wrote:Oh, I thought maybe it could represent the working class, bees work for their queen etc...
thats a good idea, makes sense to me

here are the pics
Image

Image
Image
User avatar
rockindrummer41
Billy Spleen
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:22 pm
First name: Kevin
Age: 14
Gender:
n00b: myself ;)
PSN ID: bb08kk
Instrument 1: drums
Location: Near too many rednecks,USA

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by rockindrummer41 »

ok so im kinda winging this; but i believe that the bee could be certain person [Dave?] that has a mutual relationship with the flowers that are on the "Best of Me" page.There are multiple flowers either because: they represent other people/groups/bands etc... or the multiple flowers symbol Deryck, Cone, and Steve, needing the bee [Dave?] to maintain their lifestyles.

Do you get what im trying to say? The bee[Dave?] doing as it pleases, at the same time the flowers all needing the bee.

[Look at the "Best of Me" page with the flowers to get some understanding of my statement]
User avatar
Jeremy Kill
Moderator
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 pm
Gender:

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by Jeremy Kill »

rockindrummer41 wrote:ok so im kinda winging this; but i believe that the bee could be certain person [Dave?] that has a mutual relationship with the flowers that are on the "Best of Me" page.There are multiple flowers either because: they represent other people/groups/bands etc... or the multiple flowers symbol Deryck, Cone, and Steve, needing the bee [Dave?] to maintain their lifestyles.

Do you get what im trying to say? The bee[Dave?] doing as it pleases, at the same time the flowers all needing the bee.

[Look at the "Best of Me" page with the flowers to get some understanding of my statement]
That's a good analysis, though I think it would have something to do with Avril and Deryck. Bees and flowers fit together.

Unless there were some birds drawn on there. Then it could mean you're supposed to do it to the song Best of Me as if that is the best song out of the album to do it to.
User avatar
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:34 pm
First name: Anthony
Age: 19
Gender:
360 Gamer Tag: Sum41Ant27
Location: Jersey

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I don't really see any relationships, maybe if I tried harder I could see it, but the artwork is really good. I had to get used to the Underclass Hero album art, but now I like it! :razz: but sadly (for now) nothing can beat the artwork for Chuck! It's soooooooo good!
Image
User avatar
iemnaiz
Chuck
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:54 pm
First name: ZIAN
Age: 16
Gender:
Location: MALAYSIA.

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by iemnaiz »

i don't like UH, so i don't really care :glad: and yes, chuck's album art is the best.
Image
User avatar
ReemFTW
All Killer No Filler
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:11 pm
First name: Reem
Age: 15
Gender:
n00b: Minna ;O
Location: Dubai. :[
Contact:

Re: UH album art - the bee

Post by ReemFTW »

^The Chuck artwork really is amazing. We had to look for stimuli for Drama, and I used the Chuck artwork. There is so much meaning there.
Oh and lmao Zian, you changed your sig =P OREO MCFLURRY<3
rockindrummer41 wrote:ok so im kinda winging this; but i believe that the bee could be certain person [Dave?] that has a mutual relationship with the flowers that are on the "Best of Me" page.There are multiple flowers either because: they represent other people/groups/bands etc... or the multiple flowers symbol Deryck, Cone, and Steve, needing the bee [Dave?] to maintain their lifestyles.

Do you get what im trying to say? The bee[Dave?] doing as it pleases, at the same time the flowers all needing the bee.
that's a really good analysis, like Jeremy said, and it kinda fits in with UH, since it's mostly about Deryck's personal life and stuff...but I mean, I know Sum 41 miss Dave...but it just, at the same time, somehow doesn't make sense why it's in the artwork. I don't know how to explain, it just doesn't.. fit right. :confused:
*best signature in the world*
Post Reply