but he wants to feel like hes welcome back
exnay on the hombre
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Re: Dave

Post by fergal41 »

Dude I know how hard it is for us because seemingly we're on the edge of Dave possibly being a member again in one sense yet at the same time we know that it probably won't happen anytime soon. I just really don't think its for us to get involved in man.

Its a situation that we'll never know the full story about no matter how many times we email the guys asking them about it and I think we should respect how they feel about it and let things fix themselves (I'm not suggesting that theres bad blood between the bandmembers by the way)

I think that they're not ready to work with Dave again yet. The band know him better than any of us ever could and consequently, probably know (or at least have an inkling) that he wouldnt mind playing with them again. But the guys seem to be really comfortable with the way they're working at the minute.

Plus I still think it would be Dave's place to approach the band seeing as he left and stuff. When you said that you knew it would mean a lot to them he just replied like "yeah well it would mean a lot to me too". I mean...in a totally band context, thats not thinking of the welfare of the band or how the other guys feel . It kind of seems more like "well I'd like to play with them but I'm not saying anything first" which really makes me think that hes not as pushed on going back as any of us would like him to be. But none of us really know why thats his attitude towards the situation.

Not trying to throw a dampner on things in any way, I still think its awesome that he'd like to play with the Sums again and I'd love to see it happen
CIRCUITzach
Underclass Hero
First name: Zachary

Post by CIRCUITzach »

just ask them dave. wat do u have to lose. if they say no ur back where u r now.
fergal41
Goon

Post by fergal41 »

:ohshiz: fooke!!! it took him six months to get back to you!! Maybe he will write back to me someday after all :balling:
upperclasszero
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Jake
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by upperclasszero »

fergal41 wrote::ohshiz: fooke!!! it took him six months to get back to you!! Maybe he will write back to me someday after all :balling:
thats cause he uses his email address a lot more then myspace messagner
Children of the beast embrace,
To scorn and the human race,
Consume the light that hugs the earth,
And aid the womb in giving birth,
To a group that will appear,
And guide you through this final year,
The dark armies then will come,
When the sum is 41

WillySpleen is my n00b
fergal41
Goon

Post by fergal41 »

I know that, yeah
xmarryxx
King of Contradiction
First name: marry
n00b: GreenReem41
AKA: marry
Instrument 1: GUITAR FTW
Instrument 2: piano
Instrument 3: bass

Post by xmarryxx »

fergal41 wrote:Dude I know how hard it is for us because seemingly we're on the edge of Dave possibly being a member again in one sense yet at the same time we know that it probably won't happen anytime soon. I just really don't think its for us to get involved in man.

Its a situation that we'll never know the full story about no matter how many times we email the guys asking them about it and I think we should respect how they feel about it and let things fix themselves (I'm not suggesting that theres bad blood between the bandmembers by the way)

I think that they're not ready to work with Dave again yet. The band know him better than any of us ever could and consequently, probably know (or at least have an inkling) that he wouldnt mind playing with them again. But the guys seem to be really comfortable with the way they're working at the minute.

Plus I still think it would be Dave's place to approach the band seeing as he left and stuff. When you said that you knew it would mean a lot to them he just replied like "yeah well it would mean a lot to me too". I mean...in a totally band context, thats not thinking of the welfare of the band or how the other guys feel . It kind of seems more like "well I'd like to play with them but I'm not saying anything first" which really makes me think that hes not as pushed on going back as any of us would like him to be. But none of us really know why thats his attitude towards the situation.

Not trying to throw a dampner on things in any way, I still think its awesome that he'd like to play with the Sums again and I'd love to see it happen
I agree with you. Since Dave left the band, he should ask if he could join again. I think it a bit egotistical to expect sum 41 to ask if he could come back, when he left completly on his own decision. He left because he wasn't excited about the band. I remember reading an interview with Deryck about underclass hero. Deryck said that before he wanted to start writing the underclass hero album, he wanted to make sure they were really into writing it. all of them were except dave. He wasn't intrested then, and to be honest i don't know why he is suddenly intrested now. (if he is) wasn't he depressed about being in the band? Now he's playing what he likes to play and he should continue that. i know it may sound like i don't like dave, but thats just not true. i think he is a great guitarist and a really nice person. But i just don't want him to bring the sums down, i don't want to see conflict. right now the sums seem to be doing perfectly fine, and it should stay that way. It could probably happen in the future, but i think right now its just to soon.

about us getting involved,

we probably could but i don't htink it will make much of a difference. I think it would only annoy them. t
Jan 22, 2009

cone u r so fucking kool stevo u r fucking bizzyd u r cool too whats your new album called
asked by cone1212 on Jan 21, 2009 5:03pm

Contrary to what you just wrote, I'm not fucking bizzy d. We're just friends. Let's not go and make Cone jealous now...
answered by Stevo on Jan 22, 2009 2:18pm
if you like this Q&A, then you should read my story:
http://theresnosolution.com/forum/viewt ... =25&t=5382

UPDATED!

Still Waiting is my amazing master

GreenReem41 and Sara41 are my awsome noobs
fergal41
Goon

Post by fergal41 »

xmarryxx wrote:I think it would only annoy them.

Yep
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

xmarryxx wrote:Since Dave left the band, he should ask if he could join again. I think it a bit egotistical to expect sum 41 to ask if he could come back, when he left completly on his own decision. He left because he wasn't excited about the band. I remember reading an interview with Deryck about underclass hero. Deryck said that before he wanted to start writing the underclass hero album, he wanted to make sure they were really into writing it. all of them were except dave. He wasn't intrested then, and to be honest i don't know why he is suddenly intrested now. (if he is) wasn't he depressed about being in the band? Now he's playing what he likes to play and he should continue that. i know it may sound like i don't like dave, but thats just not true. i think he is a great guitarist and a really nice person. But i just don't want him to bring the sums down, i don't want to see conflict. right now the sums seem to be doing perfectly fine, and it should stay that way. It could probably happen in the future, but i think right now its just to soon.

about us getting involved,

we probably could but i don't htink it will make much of a difference. I think it would only annoy them.
i agree.

i thought Dave's depression was very obvious during the Chuck era. on stage, he always seemed so unenthusiastic and bored. he wasnt jumping around anymore, and he barely even sang his back-ups. i think a lot of fans noticed this, and sensed something was either wrong or going on with him.

then after he left, Sum 41 seemed more excited then ever. it was like they were a brand new band who'd just gotten signed. and that being the case, i think it's clear that Dave was the reason they were tired and kinda unhappy (not saying it was his fault, because it wasnt, he couldnt help the way he was feeling). so even though it was his choice to leave the band, Sum 41 would have to really be OK with him rejoining, because they'd have to consider how much he kinda brought the band down.

but i dont think it matters how much we preach to them that Dave should rejoin. we're just the fans, our voices can only go so far. we'll never know the whole TRUE story behind what happened.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Dudes stop ranting and raving and realize this isn't about sum 41, its about the PEOPLE in the bands.

Not to sound lame.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

he's not coming back maybe in a couple of years but not now
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I think the reason Dave says it would mean a lot if Sum 41 asked him to come back is because it would mean he had an impact on the band big enough to leave a void that could not be filled by no one else but him.

Think about it, when he left, the rest of the band said they saw it coming. When he called them all up they probably didn't say stuff like, "Are you sure? You're a big part of this band... etc." The band just kind of accepted his decision to leave.

After the news got out and everyone got scared, Deryck dismissed whatever work Dave had put into the last two albums (Infected and Chuck) by saying that he wrote all the riffs and Dave had no creative input whatsoever.

I believe that is why Dave is saying it would mean a lot to him if the band asked him to come back.
xmarryxx
King of Contradiction

Post by xmarryxx »

^Im sure your right jeremy. And thats all the more reason dave should not come back to the band yet. I don't think he is all that intrested in being in the band, but more intrested in whether or not sum 41 misses him or needs him back. if thats his frame of mind, then its definatly not time for him to return.

Where did deryck say that dave didn't have any input on the music. i've heard that alot, but im not sure where its comeing from. if anybody can find it please post it.
Jan 22, 2009

cone u r so fucking kool stevo u r fucking bizzyd u r cool too whats your new album called

Contrary to what you just wrote, I'm not fucking bizzy d. We're just friends. Let's not go and make Cone jealous now...

UPDATED!

Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

xmarryxx wrote:^Im sure your right jeremy. And thats all the more reason dave should not come back to the band yet. I don't think he is all that intrested in being in the band, but more intrested in whether or not sum 41 misses him or needs him back. if thats his frame of mind, then its definatly not time for him to return.

Where did deryck say that dave didn't have any input on the music. i've heard that alot, but im not sure where its comeing from. if anybody can find it please post it.
Q&A 2006. I probably gone now unless someone from the Slagbook has that post Deryck made a while back.

Anyways, Dave is working on new Brown Brigade, so I highly doubt he'd leave Vaughn hanging.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

if Dave is happy doing what he's currently, so be it. im happy . and all that "i worte all the riffs" from deryck just makes him sound like an ass, im sure dave didn't appreciate all that downplay. Deryck should get off his high horse and realize that Dave made this band sound good. Deryck is the one that should ask Dave back. he should say; "Dave, i know you left us a few years ago, but we all feel you're a very important part of our music. we want to continue being your friend and bandmate. please come back."
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, I just want to drop the whole "trying to get Dave back into Sum 41."

It's not really for the fans to decide and it wouldn't be fair to either Sum 41 or Dave if they're enjoying what they are currently doing.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

that would be awesome if Dave came back, probably next album not this album. But then what would happen to Tom?!?!?! :surprised:
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

^

well tom's not actually really in the band, just a tour guitar player. if Dave did ever come back, I'm sure tom would just put even more time into Gob.
xmarryxx
King of Contradiction

Post by xmarryxx »

NoReason27 wrote:if Dave is happy doing what he's currently, so be it. im happy . and all that "i worte all the riffs" from deryck just makes him sound like an ass, im sure dave didn't appreciate all that downplay. Deryck should get off his high horse and realize that Dave made this band sound good. Deryck is the one that should ask Dave back. he should say; "Dave, i know you left us a few years ago, but we all feel you're a very important part of our music. we want to continue being your friend and bandmate. please come back."
Dude, dave is the one who left. You make it sound like he was kicked out of the band and was unwanted by the rest of the band members. Although i don't know, i sincerely think that is not true. And as far a the sums know, dave has no intrest in being in the band, so why would they ask him to come back when first, dave doesn't want to come back, and second, when the sums seem to be doing perfectly fine at the moment.

i do agree with you though that it was kind of shitty of Deryck to say that Dave had no input on the band. id really like to see where thats comeing from them.
Jan 22, 2009

UPDATED!