Delete From Friends myspace.com/conemccaslin
Date:
Jan 15, 2009 8:53 PM Flag as Spam or Report Abuse [?] Subject:
RE: New music
Body:

Noots I'm really not sure about. Deryck named that. The b-side is still waiting to get mixed.
----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: Someone who just wants to ad there favorit artists
Date: Jan 12, 2009 10:17 PM

oh haha, one more question since were talking about titles. I would ask deryck but he doesn't seem to have a myspace. (or does he...?)
what do these titles mean:

The Hell Song
Noots
Hooch
Billy Spleen
Mr. Amsterdam
Dave's Possessed Hair
Fat Lip
Machine Gun?
haha you don't have to answer all of them.

alot of the titles of your songs seem to not make any sense, so i was wondering if there was a reason for them. Im very curious about noots in particular. Its an incredible song, one of my favorites.

can't wait for the album!

p.s. any news on the b-side? :D
this is all i got.... :confusion: oh well

i say we make this or another topic official random myspace messages.

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by d4rkst4r
man, some of theses have been answered before. We know hell song is about a friend who contracted HIV, so just match the idea of the song with the title, HIV, I guessing implying once you have it your sort of in hell.

Mr.Amsterdam, there was an interview on this one before, and from what I remember it didn't have a connection with the song, the song was about how much we depend on technology.

the list goes on, man i should ask some questions

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by Susanne
^I always thought that Bitter End was about a friend with HIV.. :ohshiz: oh well..

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by ReemFTW
oh okay =/ yeah I've heard about Noots... And the Hell Song makes sense. But I don't know about the rest =/

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by Sara
Hooch is an alcoholic drink from what I know.

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by LulaWhibley
ahm

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by CIRCUITzach
daves possed hair is kinda easy. just look at his hair back in that time period

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by Blink41Sum182
Fat lip is a swollen lip for getting punched i think.
don't know what that got to do with the song but oh well.

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by upperclasszero
LulaWhibley wrote:ahm
dude you got the most bitchin sig ever

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by Jeremy Kill
I think it's more of what the song titles have to do with what's being said in the song.

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by spider-man
lol I'm not sure if he knows. wasn't no brains called food at one time? or one of them was. I think for those songs he just named whatever word he felt like.

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by K.
Jeremy wrote:I think it's more of what the song titles have to do with what's being said in the song.
my point
also whatever u say about the music i think lyrics are the most important part of it

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by BrandonCorey
K. wrote:
Jeremy wrote:I think it's more of what the song titles have to do with what's being said in the song.
my point
also whatever u say about the music i think lyrics are the most important part of it
To be honest I think melody is more important than lyrics. lyrics is more like a final touch. to me anyway.

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by K.
i thought about it again and im confused i don't know the cool melody and cool sound they both must for a great song.but the people who doesn't know english listen american/english etc. music for their melodys but otherside i don't think it's right u listen the song but you don't know what it means.It makes u poser(i love this word they are like thousands/millions of rocker,skater(im one of them xD) posers in Turkey) or smt :D

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by d4rkst4r
spider-man wrote:lol I'm not sure if he knows. wasn't no brains called food at one time? or one of them was. I think for those songs he just named whatever word he felt like.
Ye, the song is about (from what Ive read), deryck having a fallout with an old friend, was it the old singer from sum 41? But no idea behind the connection with "no brains", well, maybe implying that guy had "no brains"?
sara41 wrote:Hooch is an alcoholic drink from what I know.
ye, but its not a specific drink but rather what some people call alcohol drinks

You know what would be a great long term project, to constantly msg sum 41 and ask about all the song meanings and stuff and slowly build a collection and put it on the main site, no other sum 41 fan sites would have that, would make this place really stand out.

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by spider-man
^

that's actually a really good idea I think

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Maybe if we stop bugging them. they'll want to talk to us more.

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by Phili
No Brains is indeed about Sum 41's ex-lead singer. It's quite plain that his time in the band did not end well.

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by ReemFTW
Yeah I think the 'meanings of songs' project would be a great idea! I always try to figure it out but it's hard. for example Pull The Curtain etc.

Re: i tried asking Cone about the random titles of songs but...

by Hentaiman
Yeah, its a nice idea, I mean, the meanings thing, although what we were talking about is the connection of the songs titles to the lyrics of the song.