Jailbreaking Iphone 3g

Calling all nerds! Talk tech in this forum.

Moderator: Boni

stephaniekm
First name: Stephanie K
Jailbreaking Iphone 3g

Post by stephaniekm »

I was hoping someone would have any idea how to do this.
I found a few tutorials around the place but they were mostly useless and confusing as well.

thanks in advance
"In some ways I love everything. It’s less…less of a thing than like, less distinct, less particular. I like things that I like, but I love everything. There’s more choice in like, because even the worse things have things to love in them."
Madjid

Re: Jailbreaking Iphone 3g

Post by Madjid »

Just to be honest, i have no idea how is this done either, but i found this for you, i hope it's good:

Step by Step Guide to JailBreak iPhone 3G using Windows:

Step 1: You need to download two files:

x12220000_4_Recovery.ipswandiPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw.

Step 2 : Make sure you have iTunes 7.7 installed.

For Vista: Click Start then copy this into the search box and press enter after:
For XP: Click start then run, then copy this into the run box:

%appdata%\Apple Computer\iTunes

Step 3: Make a directory called: Device Support. If the directory already exists, clear it.

Step 4: Copy x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw into the Device Support folder you just created.

Step 5: You need to get your device into DFU mode. You can follow these steps to achieve this:

* Connect your iPhone to your computer.
* Turn iPhone off.
* Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
* Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
* At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

Step 6: Once your phone is in DFU mode and detected by iTunes (should be black screen on phone NOT iTunes logo with USB cable), click on iPhone in iTunes, then hold the SHIFT key and click on restore.

Step 7: Browse to the folder where you downloaded iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw and select it. iTunes will then extract the file and you will see the iPhone Dev Team's pineapple logo pop up after a few seconds, as seen in the screen shot below:

Step 8: When restoring has completed, it will ask you to connect to iTunes, then re-do the activation process (download carrier settings).

Step 9: Restore your backup, this should automatically be made. It should pop up right after downloading carrier settings, but you may also do it by right clicking your iPhone on the left, and selecting "restore iPhone".

The procedure should also install the Open Source Package Installer and Handler for the iPhone, Cydia which should make installing the latest version of iPhone Dev Team's Tool - Pwnage Tool 2.0.x..

Yeah, another thing: Please do remember, hacking your iPhone is at your own risk. Before you start hacking your iPhone, it's a good idea to backup your iPhone.

I hope i've been helpful.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
stephaniekm

Post by stephaniekm »

Thank you so much! Ill have to try this out :]
"In some ways I love everything. It’s less…less of a thing than like, less distinct, less particular. I like things that I like, but I love everything. There’s more choice in like, because even the worse things have things to love in them."
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Shiv
PSN ID: Communsim
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by Shiv »

what exactly does this do??
just curious
i dont have it =*(

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff53 ... 1252973533[/imgwidth]

stephaniekm

Post by stephaniekm »

it allows you to access your p.c or mac files from your iphone and use applications like MSN etc
Also it allows you to put themes on your iphone which is pretty much i want it for... haha Im lame but Im trying to distract myself from studying so this seems to be working
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Shiv »

stephaniekm wrote:it allows you to access your p.c or mac files from your iphone and use applications like MSN etc
Also it allows you to put themes on your iphone which is pretty much i want it for... haha Im lame but Im trying to distract myself from studying so this seems to be working
nice nice :mrgreen:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff53 ... 1252973533[/imgwidth]

Madjid

Post by Madjid »

stephaniekm wrote:it allows you to access your p.c or mac files from your iphone and use applications like MSN etc
I have Motorolla C115 (Epic fail), which offers me one option, and one option only: calling people...he sends text messages only when he feels like it. (True story)

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
stephaniekm

Post by stephaniekm »

hahah Hi-tech
before my iphone I had a piece of crap nokia where the back and battery would always fall off mid conversation it was lovely
>< haha
Shiv
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Shiv »

Newbie wrote:
I have Motorolla C115 (Epic fail), which offers me one option, and one option only: calling people...he sends text messages only when he feels like it. (True story)

im jealous :shock: :shock: :shock:

stephaniekm

Post by stephaniekm »

oh bhaha remember N-gages? I had one of them now they a shitty invention and a half
Brownsound
Bunkface

Post by Brownsound »

does this jailbreak work for the older itouch...without the volume button and speaker on it? the MB376LL/A
stephaniekm

Post by stephaniekm »

Brownsound wrote:does this jailbreak work for the older itouch...without the volume button and speaker on it? the MB376LL/A
Im not entirely sure but i would presume that it would work ><
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

stephaniekm wrote:oh bhaha remember N-gages? I had one of them now they a shitty invention and a half
lmao, yeah I was supposed to get one of those, but we never picked it up.
stephaniekm

Post by stephaniekm »

Bass Cone wrote:
stephaniekm wrote:oh bhaha remember N-gages? I had one of them now they a shitty invention and a half
lmao, yeah I was supposed to get one of those, but we never picked it up.
we got it for free thankgod
I thought i was so cool with it until i realised it was the size of a brick and i looked like a retard talking into it.
woo
LTS
Underclass Zero

Post by LTS »

i remember those lmao... i got one when for the gaming system part of it becuase i was too cheap to get a nintendo gameboy.....

they games were cheap and they were pretty good quality for a phone game..
One of a Kind of Something
stephaniekm

Post by stephaniekm »

LTS wrote:
i remember those lmao... i got one when for the gaming system part of it becuase i was too cheap to get a nintendo gameboy.....

they games were cheap and they were pretty good quality for a phone game..
i remember laura croft was on it or something and i was so pissed i never got it haha
woww it was a piece of crap... i wonder if i still have it lying around somewhere
remember 3315's?
that was my first phone, i thought i was so high tech with it
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

This was my first phone:

Originally my dad's who handed it to me when he got a new one. I used to think it was so cool. I even wore the belt clip because it was too big to fit in my pocket comfortably.
stephaniekm

Post by stephaniekm »

Jeremy wrote:This was my first phone:

Originally my dad's who handed it to me when he got a new one. I used to think it was so cool. I even wore the belt clip because it was too big to fit in my pocket comfortably.
hah im jealous
my mum had one of those like first ever nokias the ones the size of a brick, like actually a brick
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

kinda like this one?

OWNED
stephaniekm

Post by stephaniekm »

Newbie wrote:Image

kinda like this one?
oh I had that one to
buyt not that opne bigger and older!
kinda like .. Image
but bigger...
haha oh the good old days