PS3 or PC

Talk about anything related to games here: video games, board games, games passed down from your great great grandpa's dad, or any other type of game.

Moderators: Janet, Gutter Dreams

HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster
Instrument 1: Guitar

PS3 or PC

Post by HilgaMan »

So, I think I can have PS3 or new PC (for gameplay) for next christmas. Which should I get?

PS3:
+ Cheaper
+ Onlinegaming is KICKASS
+ Grand Theft Auto IV
- No cool MMRPGs (If u know some cool ones, please tell me)

PC
+ I can do other things with it too (not so much tho, it will be for me and my bro and it will be just for gameplay)
+ MMORPGs
- PS3 is kinda cooler I think
- Costs more
- No GTA IV (yet...)

Please tell me what you think and suggest some games too if you can.

Love
HilgaMan
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
budgie
Underclass Hero
Re: PS3 or PC

Post by budgie »

PC.
DJChaos182
Billy Spleen
First name: David

Post by DJChaos182 »

PC FTW. id just ignore my opinion though since i've never played a PS3 so i dont really know what there like
Thanks to Gibsum 41 for the second sig and thanks to Jeremy for the first one :D

"Jonas Brothers fans, GTFO! this is too fuckin' hard for your ears." < Newbie on his Bullet for my valentine bootleg thread
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Ps3 you know i'm a sonygirl
budgie
Underclass Hero

Post by budgie »

DJChaos182 wrote:PC FTW. id just ignore my opinion though since i've never played a PS3 so i dont really know what there like
very overrated.

hilgaman, you're better off getting a pc. even if it is more expensive, you get more for your money.
Pedro
Resident Skumfuk
n00b: boni/half of sandro

Post by Pedro »

err.... PS3 EMULATOR ON PC!!!!
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

I'd get a PC.
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter

Post by Peterr »

Pc, you can do so much more
Dan
Billy Spleen
First name: Dan
Instrument 1: Voice
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Dan »

Xbox.

*Edit* Seeing as Kyle gave me a warning for just writing Xbox, i think I ought to elaborate. Personally, I think its because he's a Sony fan-boy, but i digress... actually, I'll probably get banned for saying that. It was a tounge-in-cheek remark, reffering to Microsoft being better than Sony.

If you want a gaming system, personally, I would go elsewhere. If your looking for a multiplayer platform, get a PC.
Last edited by Dan on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

Nintendo 64 :smug:

Eh it depends. I never play PC games because I'd rather have a controller in my hand than a keyboard and mouse. I would go for the PS3 because you can do lots with it and imo it has better games.
HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster

Post by HilgaMan »

P. wrote:Pc, you can do so much more
I think I wasn't clear enough. The PC will be for GAMEPLAY. All music and stuff will be on this other computer.
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

If you get a PS3, then we can play with eachother.
It's a gamers system. A PC is for much more than just gaming, and with a PS3 you can play with your friends when they come over. You could get Rock Band and jam out with a couple friends. You could do split screen and play with your friends. You could go online and game with me. Seriously, go for the PS3 unless the PC is for more than just gaming.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
punkrock101
Bunkface
First name: mike

Post by punkrock101 »

if ur gunna use the pc for game play, why dont u jus get a ps3. plus onlinegaming is kick ass plus i dont like sharing my stuff with anyone so id go with the ps3
burnout

Post by burnout »

yo, even though i prefer pc instead of ps3, in ur case u should get a ps3 since u are just using it for gameplay. the pc can provide better graphics and stuff, but in the long term of gaming, graphics cards become obsolete very quickly so after a year of buying a gd pc, the card may be outed and cant run games to their max potential. its also more hassle installling pc games and making sure that they can wrk.
the ps3 is simply a gaming machine...and from what i've read, its exactly what u need.
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter

Post by Peterr »

o. Well still computer because computer games cost less. Plus you have the net for gamaes. PS3 you have to buy everyhthing
Dan wrote:Xbox.

*Edit* Seeing as Kyle gave me a warning for just writing Xbox, i think I ought to elaborate. Personally, I think its because he's a Sony fan-boy, but i digress... actually, I'll probably get banned for saying that. It was a tounge-in-cheek remark, reffering to Microsoft being better than Sony.

If you want a gaming system, personally, I would go elsewhere. If your looking for a multiplayer platform, get a PC.
He did?? This is getting out of hand quickly
rockindrummer41
Billy Spleen
First name: Kevin
PSN ID: bb08kk
Instrument 1: drums

Post by rockindrummer41 »

PS3 ,but be careful to choose the right one. there are 4 diff PS3's that have different features the 40GB and the 80GB are the ones found in most stores. the older versions 20GB and the 60GB(which i have) cannot always be found in stores ,because of the newer models. the models all have different features. Also, ask a store associate to have a better understanding of the different features. P.S. if you are going to play on an HDTV that has an HDMI port it is worth getting an HDMI cable

*heres a table that i edited
file://localhost/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/bb08kk/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/aaa.JPG
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero
First name: Sagiv
n00b: BrandonCorey, Kyle

Post by wiggs1441 »

PC. GTA IV will come out sooner or later. got some sick ass games on PC too (CS)
tomhoppus is my Master!
NoReason27 is my Grand-master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

Dan wrote:Xbox.

Here's the reason I gave you the warning.
Your remark was garbage. You don't see other people going around in a 360 gamertag thread saying "it's all about the PS3." I don't say how much better Metal Gear Solid is than Halo. You don't see me doing that crap. I do defend PS3 in threads when needed. I am a fan of the 360, though, also. I do enjoy gaming with my friend on his. I'm not a sony "fanboy" or any of that bullshit. The only reason I bought a PS3 is because my cousin told me to get it because he was getting a 360 and I'd be copying him if I got one also. My warning wasn't out of hand, and it's only one warning. You need 3 to be banned. It is supposed to get the point accross that we don't like garbage spam posts. Just ask Wiggs. I personally PMed him about his behavior, before I got the capability to warn people. I'm not going to ban you, and I'm not going to warn you again. I'm just sick of seeing bullshit posts. Feel free to dislike me for doing my job.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Adamisonfire!
Bunkface
First name: !!!Adam!!!
n00b: im still a n00blet

Post by Adamisonfire! »

ps3...i know you can do more with a PC...but online gaming is so dam awesome on ps3...if you get ps3...go get COD4 it rules

and with PC's dont you have to pay for upgrades and everything for them?? especially if your using it for gaming?
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Get a PlayStation 3,

They are amazing little games consoles (and in my opinion run better and more smoothly that my xBox), but a little but of advice;

Buy a 250Gb + Sata 5400rpm hard drive and swap it for your PS3 one; that right custom, my PS3 is running with a 500Gb Hard Drive xD
[donate][/donate]