For anybody else with the Deryck Whibley sig...

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

For anybody else with the Deryck Whibley sig...

Post by SociallyInept »

I know this sounds like a noob question but can anybobdy tell me how to adjust the action on the Deryck Whibley sig. Ever since I got my SH4 added, ny high strings sound very twangy like they're touching the frets ever so slightly. I'm gonna try adjusting the truss rod but is there another way to adjust the action?

Thanks
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Re: For anybody else with the Deryck Whibley sig...

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

i have the one you do. mine always sounded twangy. im sad :(
burnout

Post by burnout »

SociallyInept wrote:I know this sounds like a noob question but can anybobdy tell me how to adjust the action on the Deryck Whibley sig. Ever since I got my SH4 added, ny high strings sound very twangy like they're touching the frets ever so slightly. I'm gonna try adjusting the truss rod but is there another way to adjust the action?

Thanks
hey, dont adjust the truss rod, that doesnt really affect action as its to do with the neck of guitr....u much damage it by messing with it. i dnt have a tele but im sure the screws to adjust action must be bear bridge of guitar.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction

Post by SociallyInept »

Thanks. I had to adjust the truss rod for something else, certain notes on my low strings were dead and wouldn't resonate at all.

BFMV I tend to think it's the strings that came with the guitar because my Junior has D'arrio strings and the sound great. Or have you changed your strings and it didn't make a difference?
Claudia
Billy Spleen
n00b: bunny
Instrument 1: guitar

Post by Claudia »

I've got the guitar but haven't had a problem with anything yet.
Amys n00b and Philis grandn00b
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

SociallyInept wrote:Thanks. I had to adjust the truss rod for something else, certain notes on my low strings were dead and wouldn't resonate at all.

BFMV I tend to think it's the strings that came with the guitar because my Junior has D'arrio strings and the sound great. Or have you changed your strings and it didn't make a difference?
Yea i did, still same result.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction

Post by SociallyInept »

Bullet_For_My_Valenzine wrote:
SociallyInept wrote:Thanks. I had to adjust the truss rod for something else, certain notes on my low strings were dead and wouldn't resonate at all.

Yea i did, still same result.
That's weird. Mine didn't really sound twangy until I took it in to get cut and have an extra pickup added. Oh well, at least I'm not the only one with this problem.
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

does anyone else's NOT stay in tune like for a long period of time at all? especially the 3rd string.

and does anyone have a problem with the fret bars being to high and sharp so that it hurts your hands and when you bend your high E string it gets caught on the fret bar on the fucking OUTSIDE of the fretboard.

if anyone knows how to get rid of the problems please share.
Claudia
Billy Spleen
n00b: bunny
Instrument 1: guitar

Post by Claudia »

No offense but that problem just MIGHT be based on you.
Amys n00b and Philis grandn00b
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

Claudia wrote:No offense but that problem just MIGHT be based on you.
:roll: this doesnt happen with any of my other guitars and they all play fine except this one.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

kevin5064 wrote:does anyone else's NOT stay in tune like for a long period of time at all? especially the 3rd string.

and does anyone have a problem with the fret bars being to high and sharp so that it hurts your hands and when you bend your high E string it gets caught on the fret bar on the fucking OUTSIDE of the fretboard.

My guitars are pretty good at staying in tune (especially my Tele Standard). But the one I'm usually adjusting every so often is the G String (haha!) or the third string, if you wish.

I don't know about the frets though at least with the bending of the high E problem. My brother's got that problem with his guitar. As for the sharpness... is it along the sides of the neck? If so you can probably take a fret file to them and smooth them out.
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

Gunner wrote:
kevin5064 wrote:does anyone else's NOT stay in tune like for a long period of time at all? especially the 3rd string.

My guitars are pretty good at staying in tune (especially my Tele Standard). But the one I'm usually adjusting every so often is the G String (haha!) or the third string, if you wish.

I don't know about the frets though at least with the bending of the high E problem. My brother's got that problem with his guitar. As for the sharpness... is it along the sides of the neck? If so you can probably take a fret file to them and smooth them out.
yes it is. where can i get a fret file?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

You can probably order one of Musician's Friend or some online guitar store for sure. They might have them in your local guitar shops too. I never tried looking for one in mine, but I know they're sold online.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction

Post by SociallyInept »

Yeah, that happens with mine too, except for the G string going out of tune. I always say I'm going to file it down but I never get around to it.