Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

What songs should have been b-sides?

Post by TomiT14 »

As I was listening to Open Your Eyes, I was thinking that song sounded like a bonus track.
It's a very good song, but somehow I think it could have better been a bonus track, while Noots could've taken its place on the album.

So my question is, what songs do you think should have been b-sides? And what song(s) should have replaced it?
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

too much thnking. :shock:
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

thanks for nothing always seemed like a bside
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
Pull_The_Curtis
Ma Poubelle

Post by Pull_The_Curtis »

Ma Poubelle shouldve been nothing and No Apologies should have been on the album.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Take out Open Your Eyes and I'm Not the One or Slipping Away and replace them with Noots and Moron.

Infected should've have Billy Spleen as a B-Side... but I wouldn't want it replaced with a Pain for Pleasure song.
cool kids
Ma Poubelle

Post by cool kids »

chuck open your eyes im not the one and slipping away should have been b-sides replaced with noots and moron
underclass hero: ma poubelle should have been a b-side and no apologies take a look at yourself this is goodbye should have been on the album
July 5 2003 Sum 41 show
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Never Wake up trade it out with Rite Of Spring.

:lol: :? :shock: :o :twisted: :roll: :?: smilies!
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

I for one don't think No Apologies should've been on Underclass Hero.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Phili wrote:I for one don't think No Apologies should've been on Underclass Hero.
care to elabo? i love that song. This is goodbye it MEH. and Take a look at your self is kinda blea.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

I like that song too. It's just... they completely ripped off the Misfits and it's pretty obvious that "No Apologies" was just them screwing around with that little bit from "Attitude" and that's why it's a b-side.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Phili wrote:I like that song too. It's just... they completely ripped off the Misfits and it's pretty obvious that "No Apologies" was just them screwing around with that little bit from "Attitude" and that's why it's a b-side.
Oh. yea the intro is exactly the same. :P lol. i still think its cool. i like when bands make songs when their just screwin around as long as it sounds good.

The riffs may be the same but the lyrics arent. i like NA lryics alot more than Attitude.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

I know. But that riff is just extremely obvious.

Plus the song doesn't really flow with the album.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Plus it's really bland I find. I don't find it as a "colorful" song. The verse of No Apologies is good. But the chorus and everything else I don't like. The same goes with the rest of the Underclass Hero B-Sides. Take A Look At Yourself pretty much ripped off melodies off two well-known songs by two well-known bands and This is Goodbye I find to be reallu uninspired.

At least with Ma Poubelle it has a bit of a personality and it shows that Sum 41 still has a sense of humor. It's a lot more original than the B-Sides and it seemed to be praised by the majority of critics.

If anything they should've just added another track to the CD.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

First of all, i have to agree with TomiT14, i think Open Your Eyes should've been a b-side and be replaced with Noots. I mean, i love Open Your Eyes, but Noots just better and Open Your Eyes just feels like a b-side.

And i too, agree No Apologies is better off as a b-side.

Like Gunner, i also find the UH bonus tracks bland and unoriginal, and too ordinary...
like, the songs are good and i dont have a problem listening to them and i'll prefer to listen to those instead of other stuff by bands i like less, yeah, but like that, those songs are alot worse than other Sum 41 songs.
They're just so boring, so unoriginal that you wont notice you're listening to them, and you'll probably forget those songs later, their names too or how their riff went cuz they were so bland.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal

Post by fergal41 »

No Apologies is nowhere near good enough to be on Underclass Hero. It's just a staight-forward song with cliché lyrics and bar-chorded guitar and I don't believe for a second that Sum 41 ever had any intentions of having it on the album. Take a Look At Yourself is easily the best underclass Hero bonus track for me.

Also I can't understand everyone's love for Noots on this board. Don't get me wrong I think it's a great song but I think it would have been by far the weakest song on Chuck had they released it. Bonus tracks never really represent the band's sound properly at the time a certain album is released and don't seem to fit in with the album's they're on. It's like Sum 41's bonus tracks are in-studio sound checks or something. Especially the ones on the new album.
punkrockfan182
Bunkface

Post by punkrockfan182 »

thanks for nothing, it aint that great a song and sounds like a demo.
Jonny
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Jonny »

Hentaiman wrote:
Like Gunner, i also find the UH bonus tracks bland and unoriginal, and too ordinary...
like, the songs are good and i dont have a problem listening to them and i'll prefer to listen to those instead of other stuff by bands i like less, yeah, but like that, those songs are alot worse than other Sum 41 songs.
They're just so boring, so unoriginal that you wont notice you're listening to them, and you'll probably forget those songs later, their names too or how their riff went cuz they were so bland.
If all the songs on the next album follow the style of Count You Last Blessings, March of the Dogs, The Jester and King of Contradiction it will be awesome, those tracks I find quite original.

Guest is my noob.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

fergal41 wrote:Also I can't understand everyone's love for Noots on this board. Don't get me wrong I think it's a great song but I think it would have been by far the weakest song on Chuck had they released it. Bonus tracks never really represent the band's sound properly at the time a certain album is released and don't seem to fit in with the album's they're on. It's like Sum 41's bonus tracks are in-studio sound checks or something. Especially the ones on the new album.
I just really like the chorus... I don't know. It was breath of fresh air because it wasn't as dark as the rest of the Chuck songs I found. I guess that must've been why it wasn't on the album.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

^ya, it was like the silver lining in the dark cloud that was Chuck.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, the lyrics weren't seemed as important and all like all the other songs on Chuck and the attitude of the song, the way its not that dark, probably the only reason it left out.

Noots could work as a great DTLI track though.