Dave NOT playing ITD's solo tapping

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Dave NOT playing ITD's solo tapping

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3qamUew_oM

NOT tapping. so it can be played BOTH ways. to everyone that always harps on it being tapped, stfu.
ChapStick
Bunkface

Post by ChapStick »

Of course it can be played both ways, it still sounds a biot different to tapping it though.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

ChapStick wrote:Of course it can be played both ways, it still sounds a biot different to tapping it though.
yea but on YT everyone that comments bitch;s about it not being tapping :P
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

dude...ive known this for so long

its funny how dave couldnt tap it and deryck had to do it during recording
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

That's why Deryck recorded it? I thought it was just cause Dave wasn't in the studio at the time.
Blastero

Post by Blastero »

Dave does tap it on Saki Bombs.

Although I wouldn't say Dave has ever pulled off the In Too Deep solo live as well as Deryck did in the studio, which is weird, because one, it's not that hard, and two, Dave's leaps and bounds better at guitar than Deryck.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, we all know tapping solos can be done without the tapping, it just sounds different.

and that's really weird Dave couldn't pull that tapping solo live as well as Deryck in the studio, but i also thought like SociallyInept that Deryck did cuz Dave wasn't around at the time or something....
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Well, not everyone nails all of what they're playing every single time they play it. No one's 100% perfect when playing live.

I've heard him nail it. I've heard him play it better than the album version. I've also heard him not nail it.

Moral of the story? Dave can play it. I've seen it done many times.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
ChapStick
Bunkface

Post by ChapStick »

Mike wrote:dude...ive known this for so long

its funny how dave couldnt tap it and deryck had to do it during recording
Lol as if the great Dave couldn't play a simple solo like ITD, it may be tapping but it's still easy, as people have said there must be another reason for Deryck recording (maybe it was his first proper solo and he was proud of it or something).
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

even i can play it
burnout

Post by burnout »

just look at in too deep during winter jam 03, dave does awesome tapping
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, i mean, its really short and all, and nothing that special for a tapping solo, but still tapping.
Maybe its the first solo Deryck wrote on AKNF so he recorded it cuz it went well, when he was like by himself in the studio, or something.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Heh, maybe Deryck lied!

Man... Deryck must be a really humble and modest kind of guy because if I wrote/played that solo on the album, I'd play it live too. You know, show that the frontman knows how to play guitar also. I just don't get how you can write a short and sweet solo like that in your early work, but not let it shine in your latest.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Gunner wrote:Heh, maybe Deryck lied!

Man... Deryck must be a really humble and modest kind of guy because if I wrote/played that solo on the album, I'd play it live too. You know, show that the frontman knows how to play guitar also. I just don't get how you can write a short and sweet solo like that in your early work, but not let it shine in your latest.
I enjoyed this post. I just thought you should know haha.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

lol.
But yeah, i agree, although its hard to be lead guitarist as well as lead vocalist, same reason Dave isn't doing the Brown Brigade solos live.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

He is doing the solos live!

He does HIS solos live, and the guitarist does HIS solos live.

Dave doesn't play ALL the solos live because he doesn't play ALL the solos on the album.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:He is doing the solos live!

He does HIS solos live, and the guitarist does HIS solos live.

Dave doesn't play ALL the solos live because he doesn't play ALL the solos on the album.
Well from what i saw at the MTV Canada performance, in the big solos in Purebread and Aggravation Plantation they were focusing on Chuck who did it, at least the cooler and harder part of the solo, or something.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

I find in a lot of the songs (spefically Purebread for sure, I can't remember specifics elsewhere), Chuck (or Craig on the album) usually have the first of the two solos...

Plus camera people are retarded and would assume that the guy they were told is the guitarist is playing all the solos, rather than the lead singer haha.

But trust me on this - in their actual shows on the tour, Dave is most certainly playing all the solos he plays on the album.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:I find in a lot of the songs (spefically Purebread for sure, I can't remember specifics elsewhere), Chuck (or Craig on the album) usually have the first of the two solos...

Plus camera people are retarded and would assume that the guy they were told is the guitarist is playing all the solos, rather than the lead singer haha.

But trust me on this - in their actual shows on the tour, Dave is most certainly playing all the solos he plays on the album.
That's pretty awesome :D

I hope they will go on a world tour when they could, cuz Dave said its not possible for them at the moment :?
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Someday man, someday...we gotta keep the faith! haha

I gotta say though, I'm loving living in Canada, and specifically Ontario right now.

Most of their shows are within driving distance from me at this point haha. Well...half, I suppose. Maybe a little more than half.

It's pretty rad haha

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.