Page 1 of 2

Pretty good Dave message (prob wrong forum)

From: Curtis 41
Date: 04/10/2007

Hey Dave, How are you going?. Just a quick question, its pretty irrelevant, but, what are your thoughts on all these 'Signature Squires" being released. In your opinion, being a noted guitarist do you think its just a quick money making scheme to cash in on kids and inexperienced guitarists.

I have been wondering this ever since Deryck had a signature released which basically coincided with the release of an Avril Lavigne 'Signature Guitar", I mean, honestly, is she actually a guitarist?... And if you were in that situation and PRS for example offered to release a basic/cheaper model of what you play, would you do it? - But i have a general idea of what your thoughts would be on that.

Thanks allot for your time, I hope you were able to read it and get back to me.

ps.You will always be apart of Sum 41 in the fans eyes!!!

-Curtis

RE: Hey Dave
Body: You guys will always be a part of my life as well thanks Curtis. I was offered to have a signature Santana model. Honestly I thought about it but decided to play the guitars first before going any further with the deal. I liked them enough to practice on but didn't like them enough to have a model named after me.

Yes, she can't play guitar but a lot of kids look up to her. Plus she is very good with the people that listen to her music. The Squire guitars are definitely a money grab. But what can you do?
Take Care and check out Brown Brigade when you get a chance,
Dave

by Asho_DirtyPoo
He's always so diplomatic and classy :)

by Pull_The_Curtis
It was cool that he knocked back the signiture Santana model becuase in his heart he truly felt he didnt like them enough, what a legend. great guy.
oh it was also cool he admitted the money making thing. i fuckin love you dave.

by Jeremy Kill
Haha, well, at least a portion of the proceeds from Deryck's signature goes to War Child Canada. And the proceeds from Avril's towarrrrdsss... I dunno.

by Bass Cone
How are people talking to Dave?

Also, I knew Avril wasn't a guitarist. It's painfully obvious...

by Janet
FlyingCone wrote:Also, I knew Avril wasn't a guitarist. It's painfully obvious...
amen to that, she just wants to be more "cooler".

by Pull_The_Curtis
Dave is an amazing guy, particularly in the way that he is true and honest to himself. Like, also how he is so honest by just saying straight out that Avril can't play the guitar and agreeing with the "money grab". i love him.

by Janet
right on that one, Dave is good guy.

by samueeL
haha ;D Okeyyy

by Lily32
I like the fact that he is really honest about what he thinks of Avril. I don'tthink Cone and Steve are that honest.In a way it's normal because she's married to their friend.

by Hentaiman
yes, good to hear Dave is honest with himself, as always and i agree with the Squier guitars money making scheme, at least Deryck's profits go to War Child.

and of course, Dave is a great guy , always! he rocks!

by Jeremy Kill
FlyingCone wrote:How are people talking to Dave?
Just simple emails and stuff.

by Janet
Gunner wrote:
FlyingCone wrote:How are people talking to Dave?
Just simple emails and stuff.
yeah, i've talked to him too, he usually answeres really short, but it's cool that he answeres at all.

by Hentaiman
Yeah, i talk to him on emails alot too, he's an awesome guy, talking to the fans and all.

I even asked him for suggestions for buying a distortion pedal and amp. really cool you can actually ask a real guitarist's opinion on this.

by Rick
whenever he answers to me his answers are usually decent in length, cones are usually pretty short.

by Hentaiman
To me, Dave answes most of the times short, but sometimes when i like asked him about the distortion pedal and stuff he really gave a decent length message with links to a website and all. really nice of him.

by Byzzy
i completely agree with dave, if u want deryck's guitar you should buy a fender.
I also think it's way cool that he answers the e-mails, cuz deryck always answers the same: thanks, we aprecciate it, i hate it. And Cone always says yeah, we'd like to do that

by Hentaiman
Yeah Dave rocks.

and i'm planning on buying this Fender Telecaster Deluxe '72 in black. looks like Deryck's but the sound is probably better.
Just put those two Xs and it's gonna be perfect :D

by I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
i have 1400 bucks. i was gonna get another one. then we got money torubles... ahh fuck :o :shock: :lol:

by Byzzy
^^i'm sorry