Define 'Emo'

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Jonny
Dr. Dynamite

Define 'Emo'

Post by Jonny »

So alot of people say people are emo and shit blah blah blah.
Basically the line between what is and isn't emo has become very blurry.
Post which bands are emo, and what makes them emo, i'm sure lots of people will disagree with one and other, and maybe start throwing donuts at eachother.

Guest is my noob.
Arcane
Ma Poubelle
First name: tom
360 Gamer Tag: iArcane
Instrument 1: guitar

Post by Arcane »

lol i like donuts being thrown at my pussy....cat =]
anyway...
emo bands = fall out boy, but they are pussy faggy gay pop emo
sunny day real estate are emo
and who can forget tokio hotel, coz the lead singer is supposed to be a guy and he looks and sounds like a girl, youtube them. (thanks to hentaiman for introducing me to this disgust)
Coddan

Post by Coddan »

swish wrote:lol i like donuts being thrown at my pussy....cat =]
anyway...
emo bands = fall out boy, but they are pussy faggy gay pop emo
sunny day real estate are emo
and who can forget tokio hotel, coz the lead singer is supposed to be a guy and he looks and sounds like a girl, youtube them. (thanks to hentaiman for introducing me to this disgust)
Yeah tokia hotel, damn! when i first saw that monsoon vid, i was like "alright hot chick" and then it turned out to be a guy. i died a little inside.
budgie
Underclass Hero
Post by budgie »

emo = emotionial hardcore

that shit in the charts is not emo. its commercial-manufactured-pop-shit only designed to make money and not for the pure passion (like real emo)
PunkRockNL

Post by PunkRockNL »

budgie. wrote:emo = emotionial hardcore

that shit in the charts is not emo. its commercial-manufactured-pop-shit only designed to make money and not for the pure passion (like real emo)

i gotta say that probobly every band out there has a passion for music... i hate fall out boy and that kind of bands but i believe those guys do love music and everything about. they just saw the chance to make money out of it.. you probobly would have done the same(not the way like them of course but you know what i mean).

and what i believe is emo.. well.. not being happy with yourself and that kinda stuff? but fuck that, everybody should be happy with how they are. you cant change a thing about that so why making such an issue 'bout it?
Ken
Administrator
Administrator
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: your sister

Post by Ken »

There is no "definition" for emo. Everyone seems to have their own idea of what it is, and there's no point in trying to figure it out.

This conversation is going to go nowhere, and eventually Zam will start spamming and start some stupid argument.

LOCK.