The Big News!

Dr. Rocco and Dr. Dynamite: Cone's side project.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

budgie
Underclass Hero
The Big News!

Post by budgie »

This is the best news to ever hit The Operation M.D. web site! The Operation M.D.'s first "full band" performance and also they are nominated for 2 awards. Read the press release below and don't forget to vote to help The Doctors win. Details below.

102.1 THE EDGE PRESENTS THE 2007 CASBY AWARDS

Annual Fans' Choice Awards Show Hits the Stage Wednesday, October 24
Featuring Canadian All-Stars Sum 41, Matthew Good, Finger Eleven and More

Performances Live-To-Air on 102.1 the Edge

(September 4, 2007 – Toronto, Canada) 102.1 the Edge, Canada's largest and most influential new rock station, announced today the performers and nominees for the annual CASBY Music Awards (Canadian Artists Selected By You). Presented by 102.1 the Edge and brought to you by Molson Canadian Rocks, the 2007 CASBYs will be presented on Wednesday, October 4 at the Kool Haus in Toronto and will feature performances by some of Canada's leading new rock artists, including Sum 41, Matthew Good, Finger Eleven, Ill Scarlett, The Operation M.D. and Attack in Black, plus awards for Favourite New Artist, Single, Album and the NXNE Favourite New Indie Release.

"102.1 the Edge is proud to celebrate the success of Canadian new rock at the 2007 CASBY Awards," said Alan Cross, host of The Ongoing History of New Music and Program Director, 102.1 the Edge. "The CASBYs are on the cutting-edge in predicting break-out talent because the awards are driven by fans. Canadian fans have a long tradition of being ahead of the curve musically and this year's nominees and winners are no exception."

Representing the best in Canadian new rock, CASBY winners are determined through nationwide fan voting on http://www.edge.ca. The 2007 CASBY nominees are:

FAVOURITE NEW ARTIST
Saint Alvia Cartel
Attack in Black
The Operation M.D.
Young Galaxy
Tokyo Police Club

FAVOURITE NEW SINGLE
In View, The Tragically Hip
Paralyzer, Finger Eleven
Boiled Frogs, Alexisonfire
Surrender, Billy Talent
Born Losers, Matthew Good

FAVOURITE NEW ALBUM
World Container, The Tragically Hip
Them vs. You vs. Me, Finger Eleven
Underclass Hero, Sum 41
All Day With It, Ill Scarlett
Hospital Music, Matthew Good

NXNE Favourite New Indie Release
A Lesson In Crime, Tokyo Police Club
We Have An Emergency, The Operation M.D.
Neon Bible, Arcade Fire
Young Galaxy, Young Galaxy
Marriage, Attack in Black

Voting for this year's CASBY winners begins at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday, September 4 and runs until Sunday, September 30 at midnight on http://www.edge.ca. To be eligible for a 2007 CASBY Music Award, material must have been released between September 1, 2006 and August 31, 2007. Winners will be announced Wednesday, October 24 during the CASBY Music Awards at the Kool Haus in Toronto. The only way to attend the show is to win tickets from 102.1 the Edge. CASBY performances will be broadcast live throughout the night on 102.1 the Edge.

Through initiatives like the CASBYs, as well as Edgefest and Bookie's Nu Music Night, 102.1 the Edge has earned a reputation as a major force in Canadian talent development, contributing to the commercial breakthrough of some of Canada's most influential artists, including the Barenaked Ladies, Sum 41, The Tragically Hip and Our Lady Peace.

The CASBY Music Awards began in 1981 as an alternative to the Juno Awards and were originally called the U-Knows. Unlike many awards shows, CASBY winners are chosen entirely by the fans. Over the years, CASBYs have been handed out to Alexisonfire, Arcade Fire, Billy Talent, Sam Roberts and many others.

102.1 the Edge (CFNY-FM) is owned by Corus Entertainment, a Canadian-based media and entertainment company. Corus is a market leader in specialty television and radio with additional assets in pay television, advertising and digital audio services, television broadcasting, children's book publishing and children's animation. The company's multimedia entertainment brands include YTV, Treehouse, W Network, Movie Central, Nelvana, Kids Can Press and radio stations including CKNW, CKOI and Q107. Corus creates engaging branded entertainment experiences for its audiences across multiple platforms. A publicly traded company, Corus is listed on the Toronto (CJR.B) and New York (CJR) exchanges. Experience Corus on the web at http://www.corusent.com.
discuss
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, i exepcted something bigger =/
At least the sums are nominated for Underclass Hero. i'm happy for that :D

I'm Happy for Cone and his Operation too, altough it's not as big as we all though here, and it's not even close to what we all said here in the poll post.
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

damn i gotta win tickets to this! and i gotta go.
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
King of Contradiction
Bunkface

Post by King of Contradiction »

yeh im a little dissapointed with the big news. Still, im glad to see Operation MD were nominated for 2 awards :)
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Awesome.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
drummerlikestevo
Billy Spleen
First name: Lex

Re: The Big News!

Post by drummerlikestevo »

the operation md need to get out and tour some more.