Sum 41 coming back to NA late 2017?

All upcoming Sum 41 dates will be posted here. Post live reviews in here as well.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Peytonmallory41
First name: Peyton
Instrument 1: piano
Twitter: peyton_sum41

Sum 41 coming back to NA late 2017?

Post by Peytonmallory41 »

I traveled last month to see Sum 41 on the 'don't call it a sum-back tour' and I miss it already!!! :balling: the thought of waiting till 2017 to see them again is killing me!! :suicide: Deryck said on a post about the 2016 North American tour ending, "can't wait to see you again next year!" and when I asked Cone about returning to NA, he said "ya at some point for sure" do you think this means they'll return after Europe? EU ends late March...March 19th, 2017 to be exact...I am predicting (and hoping) they come back to NA after a short break after EU...like maybe late May-ish or June? and ideally, they'll hit some places they missed in 2016 (like my state/city so I don't have to fly again :balling: )...maybe they'll release some more dates while on tour in EU? they released EU dates during the beginning of the NA leg...not to mention they're playing about 41 (ha!) shows in EU and played about 23 in NA! NOT FAIR! (I'm such a brat :devious: ) Green Day is doing NA then EU then more NA dates they didn't hit before in the new year...I'm expecting something similar for Sum 41! Maybe this is wishful thinking, but they can't possibly end before its even been a year, right? I don't expect them to tour for 3 years again for fear it end up like the SBM tour again, but AT LEAST a year, right?! I need to see them again!!! I'm already saving money!!! :hehe: what do you, Skumfuks think? Am I dreaming, or is it a real possibility?!
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Re: Sum 41 coming back to NA late 2017?

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Well... who knows? :devious:
This summer on Sziget Festival, Hungary, Deryck promised next year they will come back, but there's no hungarian date for the next EU tour. Maybe they'll come to the same festival, it's in August, so there can be some more EU dates on late summer. Of course, there also can be american tour before or after that, if they don't want to rest not even a little bit. :devious:
Jeremy Kill
Re: Sum 41 coming back to NA late 2017?

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm not sure how the usual touring schedule goes for most bands, but I feel once they release the album they headline a tour for the majority of the world and then they're pretty much done until next album with the exception of festivals and the like.

Obviously, Screaming Bloody Murder was different. I just remember it being an endless European tour, mostly because there didn't seem to be a headlining North American tour for Screaming Bloody Murder. I'm pretty sure they just did Warped Tour and opened for Billy Talent during that time period.

The band headlining another North American tour in 2017 seems unlikely, but they'll probably be back for Warped Tour or a few festivals here and there. I'm not saying I don't want it to happen, because seeing them again so soon would be great.
Sju
First name: Zuzana

Post by Sju »

I think they'll head to Asia (+ Australia?) after Europe.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

Sju wrote:I think they'll head to Asia (+ Australia?) after Europe.
Yup. I don't see why they would do another tour on the same continent before covering Australia and Asia first.
Jeremy Kill wrote:Screaming Bloody Murder was different. I just remember it being an endless European tour.
There was a time I wished I lived in Canada. Not anymore though. :devious:
Peytonmallory41
First name: Peyton
Instrument 1: piano
Twitter: peyton_sum41

Re: Re:

Post by Peytonmallory41 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Sju wrote:I think they'll head to Asia (+ Australia?) after Europe.
Yup. I don't see why they would do another tour on the same continent before covering Australia and Asia first.
hmmm maybe they'll do Australia and Asia first and then back to NA? They didn't do too many shows here. I guess I'm just being greedy! :devious: