Anybody Get The VIP Packages for the tour?

All upcoming Sum 41 dates will be posted here. Post live reviews in here as well.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

bizzyd676
First name: Tone
Anybody Get The VIP Packages for the tour?

Post by bizzyd676 »

Hey all, I was wondering if anybody here has purchased and experienced either the "Pull The Curtain" or "Reason To Believe" packages for the Sum Back Tour.

I tried to buy it for the Atlanta show, but by the time I got the money up, it was already sold out. So I just got a regular ticket and the VIP upgrade, but then during the show, I only saw one individual in the "exclusive viewing area ON STAGE during the Sum 41 show*".. Everybody else on stage got randomly pulled up there like any other normal show. I found this weird that it was sold out, but then nobody was up there...

So my question if you did get this package is A. How many other people we're there with you for the private viewing and B. How many other people were with you on stage besides regular crowd members that were brought up?

I'm really just trying to find out how many of these top two packages they were selling, because I was hella upset to save that money up and not get to spend it. Like saving up to buy a puppy and finding out its already been sold.

It was an awesome show by the way, thanks
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re: Anybody Get The VIP Packages for the tour?

Post by SumGeek »

I assumed there is 6 people for Pull the Curtain per show, because I remember seeing this number next to the package. It's not there now, but it was before the packages went on sale. I'm not too sure about it, because I have Reason to Believe, which I know is two people per show.

Regarding people getting pulled up on stage still, I too, found this a little unexpected, because some had paid to be on that stage during the performance. If I got that package, I would feel indifferent about this situation. I'm very glad I got RtB VIP.
bizzyd676
Post by bizzyd676 »

Lucky, i dont know if this is some type of breach, but how did the private show go... Was it like a free form jam where you could interact or an acoustic type of thing that you just watched.
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

A question,VIP tickets that consist of? It is just take a picture with them? Or they can sign anything? in the description of the website has not put much information
bizzyd676

Post by bizzyd676 »

The normal VIP pack consists of a Vinyl Record, a VIP lanyard, a tour poster, a meet and greet with a photo opp and a chance to get your LP signed. Also early entry into the venue, so you can be at the front nearest the stage...

However, if you did not buy it super early, there is a good chance they wont send you the email that tells you when you are supposed to meet them. But FYI in Atlanta the event started (doors opened) at 6:30 and the meet and greet was at 4PM.

Unfortunately I did not get to meet them because of their poor management of the VIP process, but the tour manager hooked me up with my stuff after the concert...
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

So I'm a little late on this because my concert was 10/21, but just wanted to let you know about the packages.
There are only 2 TWO Reason To Believe packages per show.
The two people that got them said they got to take pics, and listened to the soundcheck.
They didn't seem like they were diehard fans which annoyed a lot of us that got there hours early for the meet and greet.

I did the Introduction To Destruction.
There were about 100 people.
The meet and greet went super fast.
We were told to have our phones ready and say hi and move along.
The lighting was bad which made a lot of people's pictures come out bad.

Quick handshakes were done for me, and Cone actually said "Nice to see you again," I found that odd because I haven't been to a show for 3 years.
I got my phone back, poster, and vinyl.

I wasn't pleased so I decided after the concert to try to meet the band to talk more.
Security saw I wasn't part of the crew and told me to leave.
I said no, and they said if I don't leave they'll call the cops.
I walked around the corner and stood behind a pillar for about 15 minutes.
When I saw the security guy turn around I made a run for it.

I got to Sum 41's bus and patiently waited.
45 minutes later Dan, the manager, came out and said hi.
I said hi back, and said that if I was in the way I would move.
He said I was fine where I was sitting.
He noticed I had my guitar with me, and asked if I wanted to get it signed.
I said yes.
He asked if I was going to sell it on Ebay and I said no way.
Sum 41 is my favorite band, I just want to get it signed.

He told me to wait where I was and he will do his best to help me.
I waited another 90 minutes and the whole band came down.
I got individual pics with everyone and talked for a few minutes.
Cone actually remembered me from the DTLI tour because of my tattoo.
I thanked them all for the pics and signing my poster/guitar.

Long story short, the band is as friendly as ever, but if you really want your money's worth sneak past security after the show and try to meet them.
As long as your not a crazy obsessive fan, and are cool about everything you'll be able to get a few more pics!
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Thanks for sharing! So cool to hear you being a little rebel there. :glad:

Any pics to share? :silly:
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

TomiT14 wrote:Thanks for sharing! So cool to hear you being a little rebel there. :glad:

Any pics to share? :silly:

Click to view the fullsize image.https://s12.postimg.org/c2kjyvr3h/IMG_6362.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.https://s21.postimg.org/bk0d736pz/IMG_6372.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.https://s22.postimg.org/eumc7cncx/IMG_6376.jpg[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.https://s22.postimg.org/62wc5t5nl/IMG_6375.jpg[/imgwidth]
bizzyd676

Post by bizzyd676 »

LUCKY GUY!
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:
Click to view the fullsize image.https://s22.postimg.org/eumc7cncx/IMG_6376.jpg[/imgwidth]
Wow! I've never seen them give out lyric sheets before! Only setlists. :ohshiz:
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

bizzyd676 wrote:LUCKY GUY!
Thanks, it was a great night, minus the $100 parking ticket I got lol! :razz:

TomiT14 wrote:
Sum41Ant27 wrote:
Wow! I've never seen them give out lyric sheets before! Only setlists. :ohshiz:
That's what I thought it was, a setlist, but then I looked at it and was like, what the fuck is this?! Hahaha! At least it's laminated. I have a feeling those were supposed to be for the Pull The Curtain packages!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Wow, awesome! I'm not the kind of person that can do that sort of stuff after the show, I would need someone to help influence me and push me to do it, haha. That's part of the reason I rushed around my city for my VIP Meet & Greet and the HMV Signing because the M&G was just so quick and formal, it was like the value of the lanyard and vinyl cost more than actually meeting the band it was so brief.