Sum 41 enters studio!

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: Sum 41 enters studio!

Post by Andros »

So now? What will be happen?
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Checked out the Instagram account of some of the people that already heard the album. Some pretty great updates, actually...

-The album is now completely done, although they might be adding one more song. I'm guessing the one Deryck wrote before they hit China.
makeroomfor_paul wrote:everything is completely done. They might be adding one more song but That's it.
-10 or 11 songs on the album
makeroomfor_paul wrote:there were 10 [songs] but there might be another one added on.
-Catchy as hell, folks
I can't really give too much away. It's catchy as hell. Its a pretty good follow up to Screaming Bloody Murder
-A SINGLE NEXT MONTH???
no exact date. All they were able to say was this year for sure. We can expect a single within the next month or so most likely.
-A bit of everything: quite an interesting description...
it's really hard to say. I would probably say Screaming Bloody Murder but it has a bit of everything.
-Maybe a single next month, but no exact release date for the album yet
they didn't really have an exact release date. Sometime soon they said. Yeah it was such a cool experience. Deryck has been an idol for so long and it was a dream come true.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

This kind of update we need, it's more specific information about the new album and the new single, I hope next month will be great.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

We'll be breaking our repeat buttons next month for sure if this is true!!!!

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

I hope so man, really this lack of news it's killing me.
The Jester
First name: Rick

Post by The Jester »

Yeah, great to hear it's almost done. Really pumped for it.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

See the main thing is they said "soon" and didn't give an exact date. Soon could be a day, a month, or a few months lol. We can't take too much from the word soon haha :razz:
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

As the album is nearly completed and they're doing the Warped Tour and a European tour this summer, a single can't be too far away.

They're playing in Belgium this weekend (yay!), and after that they still have 1,5 or 2 months off. My guess is we can expect a single by that time and the album... Let's say late summer.

What do you guys think?
sum41-freak
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy

Post by sum41-freak »

sum41-freak
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy

Post by sum41-freak »

Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Heads up!

Yesterday Sum 41 played the belgian festival Groezrock and according to this article (http://focus.knack.be/entertainment/muz ... 98113.html) they played some new songs for the first time.

Knack is a respected magazine over here in Belgium. Even better: I know the guy who wrote this article, I was in college with him. I asked him if they really played new songs live and he said: 'Yeah, I believe there was one new song in the set.'

In the review (which wasn't too positive, by the way), he states:
Even the couple of new songs they played, sounded kinda weak. Although they claim it's the best music they've ever written, it was not surprising at all.
Although I'll beat the shit out of him next time I see him, I'm glad he brought us this news.

Well... If it's true.
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

Lars wrote:Heads up!

Yesterday Sum 41 played the belgian festival Groezrock and according to this article (http://focus.knack.be/entertainment/muz ... 98113.html) they played some new songs for the first time.

Knack is a respected magazine over here in Belgium. Even better: I know the guy who wrote this article, I was in college with him. I asked him if they really played new songs live and he said: 'Yeah, I believe there was one new song in the set.'

In the review (which wasn't too positive, by the way), he states:
Even the couple of new songs they played, sounded kinda weak. Although they claim it's the best music they've ever written, it was not surprising at all.
Although I'll beat the shit out of him next time I see him, I'm glad he brought us this news.

Well... If it's true.
No that's not true, they played a classic set (the setlist is good here http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sum-41/20 ... 127c2.html). No new song, which is good after all, I'd rather discover it correctly.
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Post by Noreason757 »

yeah im pretty sure that guy just doesnt know what he's talking about and probably thought screaming bloody murder was a new song.
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

I think that is the problem..

SBM and Sick of everyone are songs from the album SBM.. Maybe the writer doesn't has knowlegde about that album. Also, when a Sum 41 song is played on the radio in Belgium it is; Fat Lip or In Too Deep. Songs that are so old, and aren't really representing the sums. SBM? The Hell Song? Underclass Hero? NEVER ON THE RADIO! NOT EVEN FUCKIN PIECES.

FUCK BELGIUM FOR THAT

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Noreason757 wrote:yeah im pretty sure that guy just doesnt know what he's talking about and probably thought screaming bloody murder was a new song.
In that case: my apologies, folks.

I'll tell him is article is worthless.
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Post by Ferdehh41 »

Stef wrote:I think that is the problem..

SBM and Sick of everyone are songs from the album SBM.. Maybe the writer doesn't has knowlegde about that album. Also, when a Sum 41 song is played on the radio in Belgium it is; Fat Lip or In Too Deep. Songs that are so old, and aren't really representing the sums. SBM? The Hell Song? Underclass Hero? NEVER ON THE RADIO! NOT EVEN FUCKIN PIECES.

FUCK BELGIUM FOR THAT
Last week I heard Still Waiting on Studio Brussel, that was pretty cool :glad:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Stef wrote:SBM and Sick of everyone are songs from the album SBM.. Maybe the writer doesn't has knowlegde about that album. Also, when a Sum 41 song is played on the radio in Belgium it is; Fat Lip or In Too Deep. Songs that are so old, and aren't really representing the sums. SBM? The Hell Song? Underclass Hero? NEVER ON THE RADIO! NOT EVEN FUCKIN PIECES.
It's the same here in Canada too. About 90% of the time that Sum 41 is on the radio it's either In Too Deep or Fat Lip. The odd time you'll hear Pieces or Still Waiting. The only time I've ever heard recent Sum 41 songs were as they were being released and then never again.
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

Ferdehh41 wrote:
Last week I heard Still Waiting on Studio Brussel, that was pretty cool :glad:
Really? Still waiting? Wauw, that's amazing.
Jeremy Kill wrote:It's the same here in Canada too. About 90% of the time that Sum 41 is on the radio it's either In Too Deep or Fat Lip. The odd time you'll hear Pieces or Still Waiting. The only time I've ever heard recent Sum 41 songs were as they were being released and then never again.
The most recent song I heared on the radio was Underclass Hero, that's 9 years ago..
Not even the new blink-182 single is on the radio. (only what's my again, all the small things and I miss you) RIP

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I can't say I listen to radio much, but around 2011-12 I heard Baby You Don't Wanna Know on a breakfast radioshow, I was so happy, I wrote an e-mail to thank. :devious: On that show there's a guy who likes rock music, so it was cool that he brought that song up.
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

They played SBM a couple of times when the album was released on radio in Finland. Other than that I guess it's either Fat Lip or In too Deep you might hear.