Linkin Park - The Hunting Party

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Linkin Park - The Hunting Party

Post by Andros »

The band's sixth album has leaked, and tell the truth to my surprised me, is aggressive and a little Punk. This is my new fav album of them. We can discuss the album here, first, you can hear some songs of the album.

Guilty All The Same (feat. Rakim)
Until It's Gone
Wastelands
Rebellion (feat. Daron Malakian)
Final Masquerade
And now my little review of the album:
Keys to the Kingdom: a really heavy song, with in the beginning it's a distorted Chester's screams, Mike sings very good and mix rap in the second verse and Chester scream in all the song, have a little solo that's amazing, ends with an outro kids voices, drums and Mike say something.

All For Nothing (feat. Page Hamilton): this song it's so good to me, mike's raps, Page fits in the chorus while Chester answer to the chorus and scream "ALL FOR NOTHING, ALL FOR NOTHING", the solo of this song it's pure gold. The song ends with an outro too, with some strange music, and Mike and Brad talking about Guilty All The Same.

Guilty All The Same (feat. Rakim): Well, you know what this song is, and I love when the first time I listen to this. I love the riffs, some parts reminds me to "Screaming Bloody Murder", the gang vocals are amazing, Rakims parts it's good, but not to much for me.

The Summoning: The first interlude, an instrumental song with noises and guitar riffs, beats and more, just leading to the next track, felt as if something is coming.

War: Wow, this is the most Linkin Park punk song on the album, an old school punk here, Chester screams, the riffs are cool, it's fast and heavy. He scream like a demon in some parts, the highlight of the song is the amazing solo from Brad.

Wastelands: This is a standard Linkin Park song, old school from them, Mike rap, Chester in the chorus. Heavy guitars, I love the synth in the song, the bridge is so powerfull, love how Chester scream on this song and sing, some parts of the song reminds me to A Thousand Suns "When They Come For Me". The outro of this song leads you to the next song.

Until It's Gone: The first ballad of the album, if you like "Numb" you will like this song, the synth and the organ are beautiful, the lyrics are too simple and generic, but the instrumentation of the song are amazing. The song ends with an some noises and Baby's laugh

Rebellion (feat. Daron Malakian): This song is one of the best of this album, you will notice the presence of Daron's here, very System Of A Down song like Toxycity album, I'm surprised how Mike's sings here are perfect, the Chester's parts are good to, really Rob drums are great here and in all the songs. The bridge of this songs it's just amazing Chester screams very heavy and the drums are insane.

Mark The Graves: This song is the most experimental song of the album, is being built gradually, sometimes you think is soft, sometimes is heavy, the voice on Chester here is one of the best, this song have screaming too, you can think it's a "soft" song, but not at all. The Brad's solo it's amazing and I love the way how the song built gradually.

Drawbar (feat. Tom Morello): Well, this is another instrumental interlude of the album, just the band jamming with Tom, noises, piano, guitars, march drums, it's a good jamm, sometimes reminds me to TINFOIL form LIVING THINGS. At the end of the song the first notes of the next song on piano being play.

Final Masquerade: A drums in the intro, synths and Chester laments on this song, simple beautiful, I can call this song a "sad ballad", after the first chorus the amazing riffs of the guitars enter to mix with the song, the solo it's beautiful, and the "ooh-ohh" are great in the background, again Rob Bourdon does an amazing job with the drums.

A Line In The Sand: This is the perfect ending for this album, this is not a "The Little Thinngs Give You Away" 2.0 this is a dark, heavy song. With storms noises and the feeling that something dark is coming, this song start with Mike singing like on "Iridescent" but in a dark way, after he ends to sings, the drum of Rob Bourdon start with an amazing riff from Brad, it's a heavy song, then Mike's start again to sing, the Chester screams the chorus again like a demon, in the middle of the song Mike start to rap, just when you start that the song ends, start the amazing breakdown pure agressive and heavy shit here, the end of the song is with a solo from brad and ironically ends just as it starts.

Well this is my little review, I'm not good reviewing an album, it's just how the songs sounds to me. My score 9/10.

Tell me what do you think of this album? You can here in full here http://itunes.com/linkinpark
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Re: Linkin Park - The Hunting Party

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I've only listened to it through once yet, but... I'm not fan of it at all.

I'm not against changing their style anymore, although I really liked the 'old-LP' and when Minutes to Midnight came out, I was very disappointed... But since that I've changed too, my style changed and my opinion about MtM totally changed and I really liked A Thousand Suns and Living Things, even if they're also different from the 'old-LP'.
But this album? I guess I'm just not fan of this style... They were so proud of saying it's a raw and heavy stuff and I said okay, could be still fine for me... but I found no joy in here, no melody, no catchy parts. Yeah, it's full of heavy stuffs, but it's also chaotic, full of unnecessary parts (I really don't know why they felt to put child talking, laughing at some point) and I just don't find anything that could stand out.

I'm getting really fed up with their political, anti-war concept. It's their third album about these things (although MtM had some songs too) and now it's so fricking boring and uninspired. Moreover, I think it's getting to be hypocrisy, I know nothing about wars, I don't think they know anything about wars (I mean, never lived through something like that), so... they just do it for business? Even if they say they're not sold out, they do want they want, they've sung about the same theme for years, I don't think there's any true feeling behind their songs anymore. It's because they have nothing to do with wars, they don't experience them, but they still sing about them, because that's their built-up image now, that's what they can sell I guess... And they know it, there's Rebellion: lol, it's about exactly what I've just said above. Ironically, maybe the best song of the album.

So all in all, I don't like their message at all, I don't like most of these songs (Rebellion is fun to listen to and maybe Final Masquerade), but I will give it some chances and listen to it more, maybe it'll grow on me.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

From what you said Andros, the album sounds really good! I got into Guilty All The Same, but it got old. Until it's gone was ok, but Rebellion is what's giving me hope for the album. I haven't listened to Wastelands because if I listen to too many songs there's nothing new for me on the album. I got a free $50 Best Buy gift card so I will get the album when it comes out on Tuesday. Lets see if it holds up to your review! :razz:
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Re:

Post by Andros »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:From what you said Andros, the album sounds really good! I got into Guilty All The Same, but it got old. Until it's gone was ok, but Rebellion is what's giving me hope for the album. I haven't listened to Wastelands because if I listen to too many songs there's nothing new for me on the album. I got a free $50 Best Buy gift card so I will get the album when it comes out on Tuesday. Lets see if it holds up to your review! :razz:
That's nice dude your $50 best buy gift card haha, and I really like the album too heavy and my top: A Line In The Sand, Keys To The Kingdom, All For Nothing, Rebellion, Mark The Graves, Guilty All The Same, Final Masquerade, War, Wastelands, Until It's Gone, Drawbar and The Summoning.

The last 2 songs of my top are instrumentals, "The Summoning" is more an interlude or part of War and "Drawbar" it's the band jamming.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

This was a great surprise, GATS has grown on me and lots of these new ones are fantastic.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I would give the album a 4.25 out of 5. Some songs (especially Final Masquerade and All For Nothing) are awesome, but a lot of songs I don't feel the passion in the way Mike and Chester sing. The drums, and guitars are awesome and heavy, it's just the lyrics and singing is what's stopping this album to be amazing. I've already listened to it over 5 times, and I feel like it's a lot better than the past 2 albums.
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

Really, this is a great album! A thousand suns and Living things are so forgotten with this album.. This is a logic follow up to Minutes to midnight

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
HandleThis
First name: Udit
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by HandleThis »

I'd rate this album 9 stars out of 10. Great album, I feel Page Hamilton did an awesome job.
A line in the sand, until it's gone, wastelands, rebellion, final masquerade - All great songs. All for nothing was a killer too. Great screams by Chester in Keys to the Kingdom.

I can't sit back and wonder why.
It took so long for this to die.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/ ... 80-600.jpg[/imgwidth]
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

I'm in love with Final Masquerade! Amazing song!
maistoner41
First name: Maitane
Instrument 2: Voice
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: maistoner27

Post by maistoner41 »

I really loved this album, I like almost all songs except Mark the graves...Rebellion is GREAT and All for nothing is so Sum 41!
We won't be bought and sold, just like you!
I'm a walking disaster.