New Linkin Park single "Guilty All The Same"

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Re:

Post by Andros »

Tyler. wrote:It's funny, if I listened to it about 3 or more years ago I'd say it was pure shit but my music taste changed a lot. Didn't stop liking the music I used to at all but got a lot into electronic music since then, that remix album is really awesome if you're into that stuff. Really well produced, some of the songs sound insane when you really turn it up

Roads Untraveled is really bad but it wasn't that great originally anyways...otherwise I like em all
Yes, same here, my musical taste changed a lot too, I'm trying more electronic stuff with my music, like ATS or something like that, it's awesome to see beyond the guitars and the basic instruments.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Here is their take on it

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

Okay so to me this is interesting right know:
As previously reported, Linkin Park is putting the finishing touches on a new album. Singer Mike Shinoda unveiled five of the songs for a small group of industry professionals in New York City on Friday, and said that he and his band mates share a growing discomfort with the poppier leanings of alternative music these days. With the new album, he says, they felt the need to return to a harder edge.

This is reflected in the first single, "Guilty All the Same," says Shinoda. He tells ABC News Radio, "It just felt like the right introduction to the record, which is kind of a shocking one."

As a matter of fact, Shinoda says the song "sits in the middle [of the songs on the album]" in terms of tone.

Linkin Park's return to the harder edges of alternative rock was evident in two of the songs unveiled at the New York listening party -- one featured Paige Hamilton of Helmet and another Daron Malakian of System of a Down .

Shinoda said that the songs were still rough mixes and that the band is busy tweaking them; he says fans can expect the new Linkin Park album "sometime in the middle of the summer."
DARON FUCKING MALAKIAN in 1 song!
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Damn, another collaborations... :P
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

This has just reminded me I'm off to see Linkin Park. Can't remember what festival it is though. I'm letting the girlfriend to deal with all that.
[donate][/donate]
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re:

Post by HugoDisasters »

Andros wrote:Okay so to me this is interesting right know:
As previously reported, Linkin Park is putting the finishing touches on a new album. Singer Mike Shinoda unveiled five of the songs for a small group of industry professionals in New York City on Friday, and said that he and his band mates share a growing discomfort with the poppier leanings of alternative music these days. With the new album, he says, they felt the need to return to a harder edge.

This is reflected in the first single, "Guilty All the Same," says Shinoda. He tells ABC News Radio, "It just felt like the right introduction to the record, which is kind of a shocking one."

As a matter of fact, Shinoda says the song "sits in the middle [of the songs on the album]" in terms of tone.

Linkin Park's return to the harder edges of alternative rock was evident in two of the songs unveiled at the New York listening party -- one featured Paige Hamilton of Helmet and another Daron Malakian of System of a Down .

Shinoda said that the songs were still rough mixes and that the band is busy tweaking them; he says fans can expect the new Linkin Park album "sometime in the middle of the summer."
DARON FUCKING MALAKIAN in 1 song!
Damn, that sounds pretty promising.
Maybe they're getting back in my playlist this summer then! :D

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Re:

Post by Andros »

Iam The Ghost wrote:Damn, another collaborations... :P
2 more, “Rebellion” (featuring Daron Malakian of System Of A Down) and “All For Nothing” (featuring Paige Hamilton of Helmet).

New review from the 5 cd-tracks here:
I was at a listening session hosted by Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park at MSR Studios over on West 48th Street in NYC.

He played 5 of the 12 songs that will be on The Hunting Party album, now with a TBA release date later this summer. The band is still in the mixing stages on all and final recording stages on the rest. (“Guilty All The Same” is the first single, and dare I say, tamer than what these tunes are like!) The 5 songs, “Keys To The Kingdom,” “The Wastelands,” “Until It’s Gone,” “All For Nothing” (featuring Paige Hamilton of Helmet!) and “Rebellion” (featuring Daron Malakian of System Of A Down) were all still unmixed, but every one sounded great! The band self-produced except for one of the tunes (I think it was “The Wastelands,” which was co-produced by Warner Bros Records president and A&R chief Rob Cavallo.)

I have to say, each song was better than the next, they are all extremely heavy, and as Mike said, some may even sound like prequels to their first album, Hybrid Theory. As I said to Mike, after all the “Rock Is Dead” critics and naysayers out there trying to forecast the death of active rock radio and its music, this album will totally pour cold water all over those notions and prove to the industry is it CLEARLY NOT DEAD! This record has BALLS! And now one of the world’s biggest & most popular bands is making a statement to support the music they love. The guitars are smoking, it was all recorded live to tape. (Well, there still are some electronic elements, but they are certainly only a condiment rather than a meal here.) I can not say enough about how the reaction is going to turn heads and I can not WAIT to hear them do some of these songs live in concert this summer! Mark my words, it will be one of your favorite albums of the year!
Source: http://www.harddriveradio.com/dirt/monday-apr-07
X^2
Billy Spleen

Re: New Linkin Park single "Guilty All The Same"

Post by X^2 »

"Guilty All The Same" Actually reminds me of Screaming Bloody Murder-album in it's melody... Not a bad song, I just don't like Chester(?)s voice at all.. It's too nasal or thin or something for my liking.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

Album cover + album name + release date revealed! The album it's call "The Hunting Party", and comes in June 17th. This is the album cover:

Click to view the fullsize image.https://s3.amazonaws.com/vice_asset_upl ... _Cover.jpg[/imgwidth]

You can see the full interview with Mike here: http://noisey.vice.com/blog/mike-shinod ... ver-reveal