ENDED: Chat With Cone

This forum is home to pre-scheduled live chats with band members, etc.
Jana
First name: Jana
Post by Jana »

Hello, I have been fan of Sum 41 since you guys were starting out. Your music is going with me everywhere and it always was my cheer up drug. To make it straight forward and to save you a lot of reading, I was trying to contact you guys and I found that this would be a good way to get it straight to you. I am just starting up the business (or trying my best for it) with wooden sunglasses and it would be an honor if you guys would be wearing one since you feel like my childhood heroes (No Superman, no Iron man but SUM 41). I would like to send you 3 -4 pieces (one for each) as thank you for your great music and ask you to give me in return a picture of you guys wearing them if that would be possible. I made Sum section on my Etsy store for you where you can pick up your favorite style (www.ecowoo.etsy.com). The one you choose will come with EcoWoo (my brand name) sign on right site and with Sum 41 sign on the left one. Please get back to me; you can contact me on my email: [email protected] . And please keep doing what you do. Love you guys, Jana
Ruffo
First name: Salvatore
Twitter: SalvatoreRuffo

Post by Ruffo »

Why Stevo left the band?
RachelCurley41
First name: Rach
Twitter: RachSkumfuk

Post by RachelCurley41 »

ive been worried, this whole thing with stevo and everything won't cause sum 41 to break up will it? do you have plans to stay as a band? i don't know what i'd do without you guys, i love you so much i cant imagine you not being in a band anymore
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41
First name: Jason

Re:

Post by Cone McCaslin »

SumGeek wrote:Great to have you join us here, Cone! Especially on the 41st day into the summer.

I know you joined the band a little before you guys got signed; What are your thoughts on Sum 41 in the bands 17th year now?

Also, how's everything in OpMD land? I know there were some things in the works; really hoping you and Todd can put on another show in Toronto again!
I can't believe its been 17 years really. I've been involved for 15 but its been quite a ride. A lot of shit has happened. I'm tired thinking about it. If it wasn't for all of you we wouldn't even be talking about 17 years. so thx.
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41

Re: 5PM EST: Chat With Cone

Post by Cone McCaslin »

zonda95 wrote:Hi Cone, I met you after the silver spring show on the DTLI anniversary tour and gave you a CD. Just wondering what is your favorite bass that you have? I have a Mark hoppus bass that I repainted bright yellow that is really nice, but I saw your white p bass on tour and that things is absolutely beautiful.
I like the white one which is my fav. live bass but I also have an original 1961 P-Bass that sounds insane!
mira
First name: mira
Twitter: mmira41

Post by mira »

Do you have favorite movies? :D
Zell1010
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Zell1010 »

Hi Cone. Just want to say thanks for taking the time to do this and for being a part of one of my favourite bands. Sum 41 were the first band I ever saw (right after Deryck's back issues in 2008).

My question is what advice would you give to aspiring musicians/bands in the year 2013?

Thank you :)
Walking Disaster
First name: Kimmy

Post by Walking Disaster »

Cone i have another question. when will we hear the acoustic version of Blood In My Eyes?
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41

Re:

Post by Cone McCaslin »

mira wrote:Sum 41 is the best band in the world and that's why i don't have lot of friends because they hate the band but it doesn't matter! You guys are my heroes!
I'm sure you've all heard the term "opinion are like assholes, everybody has one" right? People have opinions. thx for being a fan.
herkyles
First name: Kyle

LIVE NOW: Chat With Cone

Post by herkyles »

Hey cone, do you like to listen to other genres of music, like house or reggea or something?
CONE IS THE BEST!
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41

Re:

Post by Cone McCaslin »

sprinks41 wrote:I really hope this is not too personal of a question, but if it is I will understand if you do not answer: how and when did you meet Shannon?
All good. We actually went to high school together and then a few years after high school when we were 20 we got together. We were good friends through high school before that.
RachelCurley41
First name: Rach
Twitter: RachSkumfuk

Post by RachelCurley41 »

its probably a waste of time saying this but its worth a try haha, will you follow me on twitter, your my hero and it would mean the world to me
@RachSkumfuk
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41

Re:

Post by Cone McCaslin »

Someone wrote:Hey Cone (:. I just wanna say that I really love all your albums and songs. You guys are awesome , I'm a big fan of Sum41 especially you Cone. And the questions I wanted to ask are already asked so that's it.
Well thx anyway!
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Hey Cone!
Thank you for doing a live chat with us. Interaction from the band is very precious to me and probably all fans.

I'd like to ask you, what are your ambitions at this stage of your career and life? And what kind of direction do you think SUM41 is heading?

Thanks again!

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
jana_skumfuk41
First name: Jana

Post by jana_skumfuk41 »

who were your idols when you grow up?
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re: Re:

Post by SumGeek »

Cone McCaslin wrote:I can't believe its been 17 years really. I've been involved for 15 but its been quite a ride. A lot of shit has happened. I'm tired thinking about it. If it wasn't for all of you we wouldn't even be talking about 17 years. so thx.
Thanks for answering my question. Skumfuks got your back, always!
Iceron96
First name: Iceron
Twitter: sumchemicaldays

Post by Iceron96 »

What's your favourite sum 41's song ? Or just wich the song that you like to play more ?
ThatJonGuy
First name: Jonathon
Twitter: jonlastname

Re:

Post by ThatJonGuy »

jana_skumfuk41 wrote:who were your idols when you grow up?
Maiden and Priest were the gods that they praised. :devious:
Cone McCaslin
Bass, Sum 41

Re: LIVE NOW: Chat With Cone

Post by Cone McCaslin »

FatGuySlim wrote:Hey man I know this is a really random question, but do your parents or other family members call you Cone instead of your real name? Just something I was curious about haha I'm glad I got to see The Sums play twice in six months; at The Phoenix in Toronto last November and with Billy Talent at The ACC. You guys killed it both times! Rock on, fellow brother of the bass!
thx! My parents don't call me Cone, some of my friends do and some don't. Shannon refuses to call me the "c" word in her words. ha.
Sju
First name: Zuzana

Post by Sju »

Hi, Cone, welcome here and happy birthday to the band! Just want to say the I love both Sum 41 and Operation MD, can't wait for some new stuff. Saw you in Prague last year for the first time and had the time of my life. Thanks for being awesum.