My Aftermath (Original)

Like writing songs? Post your lyrics, poems, or whatever here!
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

My Aftermath (Original)

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Wrote this song. I have a vocal melody/ lyrics but didnt record vocals. Recorded a very sloppy instrumental demo. Please give feedback on my writing. I can't tell if I suck alot, or a little. :2cool4u: I wrote this for my ska band that is still in process of being formed.

Enjoy..(kinda :blush: )
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Re: My Aftermath (Original)

Post by Nic »

Record this song with actual instruments and you will have your self a catchy ass tune!
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Nic wrote:Record this song with actual instruments and you will have your self a catchy ass tune!
Once I find the players for it- this is will most certainly be recorded (with vocals as well)! :happy: Thanks dudeee!
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

Sounds quite nice. Personally i'd replace the brass-instruments doing the syncopated rhythm with a guitar, (starting at 0:36 for example) and have the horns do the neat fills only.
I'm sure it'll sound better on real instruments!
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

However the thing is- I really like the harmonies that occur at that part of the song (With the Bari and the Trombone). I can't really create those harmonies without utilizing the different instruments of the band. I made this song to perform live so- only one track per instrument so it's possible to play live. :happy: Thanks for checking it out bro!
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

I like it! How long did it take you to record it?
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

SickofEveryone wrote:I like it! How long did it take you to record it?
Thanks :happy: . Like 2 hours maybe.... the long part was writing it, since I got writers block half way through. You could probably tell where that spot was. Haha :suicide:
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Here's a video of (half of) my band rehearsing this song (changed the title). I know the balance is awful and we made an infinite amount of mistakes. But we're still working on it- and I know you can't hear my singing at all. To be honest I don't even know why I'm sharing this. It's quite horrific as of right now :-)

and we need a band name. Like really badly. Please hit me up with some epic ideas. Thanks dudes.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

The horns are playing in the wrong key. How can i explain this? Bass and Guitar are "C" instruments, so when you see a C on the staff, you play a C and it is a C. If you asked a horn player to play a C, it will not be the same C you're playing on your bass.

You're song sounds in key when it's MIDI because the program probably transcribes every instrument to the key of C. You need to transcribe the sheet music so that the horns are playing the right notes in real life. If you transcribe it right, it'll sound horrible in your tab/MIDI program but sound right in real life.

it's hard to explain this without actually using instruments and sheet music. It's be best to google "how to transcribe sheet music" or something.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Re:

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

TheWatchmaker wrote:The horns are playing in the wrong key. How can i explain this? Bass and Guitar are "C" instruments, so when you see a C on the staff, you play a C and it is a C. If you asked a horn player to play a C, it will not be the same C you're playing on your bass.

You're song sounds in key when it's MIDI because the program probably transcribes every instrument to the key of C. You need to transcribe the sheet music so that the horns are playing the right notes in real life. If you transcribe it right, it'll sound horrible in your tab/MIDI program but sound right in real life.

it's hard to explain this without actually using instruments and sheet music. It's be best to google "how to transcribe sheet music" or something.
I know what your talking about and yes- it is transcribed. Trumpet is playing the melody for most the song. The trombone may sound odd in the beginning but that would be because the saxist wasn't there and the harmony is with the sax player. It sounds odd only hearing the third along with the melody of each chord in the beginning parts, but it will come together with the sax completing these chords. I know about this transposition jumbo mumbo- believe me. I've been taking theory chorus for years now. (I'm majoring in music) This is the sound I'm shooting for, but it will sound odd due to the lack of players. I get that.

Another thing, is this song was written in the key of F# minor. So you can imagine what a bitch that must be to read. So that's what I blame the mistakes on. :-). Thanks for the input though dude.

EDIT: and the sheet music is transcribed btw. That's how I plotted it to begin with. (Which made the process much longer than it would've been if I plotted the notes in concert pitch and then transcribe afterwards, but I didn't know how to do that before!)
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Sounds pretty good! I agree you should try and use actual instruments, be sure to post it here when/if you do!
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Re:

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:Sounds pretty good! I agree you should try and use actual instruments, be sure to post it here when/if you do!
Look up about 3 posts! :P But I'll post here again when I have a legit recorded version, maybe in the future if we ever decide to record an album. I'm really exited about this group, I love performing more than anything- and that's why I formed this band in the first place. Thanks dude!
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

wow I really enjoyed the song ! looking forward to an actual recorded version of this ! Keep it up man !
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Thank you so much! :glad: I have some more songs to come. I'm really glad that some people out there actually enjoy my writing.
Scoutaloo
First name: Rawr

Post by Scoutaloo »

The trumpets at 3:32 in the soundcloud sound like they go off tune, that threw me off a bit. Other than that, this is pretty good. Record with some real instruments some sort of sound room, add vocals, and I'd buy it.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

My bad, dude. i didn't know if you knew much theory or not. It still sounds wrong somehow. it could be the absence of the root, but the melody and the third shouldn't clash if they're in the same key. maybe its the key that giving the problem and there's a lot of wrong notes being played because generally horn players hate sharp keys. this is just a suggestion but, you could try to drop the whole song a half step to F Minor, which is Ab major (Bb, Eb, Ab, Dd) and a lot easier to read for horn players.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Re:

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

TheWatchmaker wrote:My bad, dude. i didn't know if you knew much theory or not. It still sounds wrong somehow. it could be the absence of the root, but the melody and the third shouldn't clash if they're in the same key. maybe its the key that giving the problem and there's a lot of wrong notes being played because generally horn players hate sharp keys. this is just a suggestion but, you could try to drop the whole song a half step to F Minor, which is Ab major (Bb, Eb, Ab, Dd) and a lot easier to read for horn players.
Yea, I might change the key. If I was to, I'd probably raise it up half step to G minor, (B flat, and E flat) I think that would make matters much more easier for them. But I don't know, I'm pretty lazy :P. Is it really clashing though? I don't know, I don't really recognize any real clashing in the beginning (unless they miss or crack a note of course). But I do find it odd that you hear it to be clashing, yet I don't... Not saying your wrong, or that I'm right; I just think it's interesting.
Scoutaloo wrote:The trumpets at 3:32 in the soundcloud sound like they go off tune, that threw me off a bit. Other than that, this is pretty good. Record with some real instruments some sort of sound room, add vocals, and I'd buy it.
Yes, there's definitely something clashing in the woodwinds. But that's not much of a concern of mine anymore- because I dumbed down the busyness of the original recording (which I was playing on instruments, not writing or spelling out the chords originally) while actually notating it. Now it's more cleaned up and smoother from the outlook of a common composition.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Cladam41's Moosik.

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Here's a song that I've been trying to figure out for many months. I've become quite satisfied with the product. Tell me what you think. Horn parts and lyrics aren't 100% worked out yet. That's why I repeated a verse, and the horns sound sloppy during choruses and bridge. Let me know what you think please! <3
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Post by Noreason757 »

i liked it, good work. Singing could be better but hey who am i to judge my singing is terrible lol. keep it up man! :D
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Re:

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Noreason757 wrote:i liked it, good work. Singing could be better but hey who am i to judge my singing is terrible lol. keep it up man! :D
I had no idea what I was doing :p Thnkssssssssssss