Your Lyrics

Ask anything about the site here. Chances are you'll get an answer.
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Your Lyrics

Post by sprinks41 »

I'm not trying to complain, I'm just generally wondering...

How come no one on TNS comments in the Your Lyrics section anymore? As lyricists (and I'm one myself), we work very hard on songs and lyrics, and whenever I post them on the site lately to get feedback, no one acknowledges them. I'm getting to the point where I dont even wanna bother posting them on here anymore.

Again, I'm not trying to complain, but I wanted to bring this up
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Re: Your Lyrics

Post by SickofEveryone »

I agree with you. I have the same question...
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

this is a music website and it's hard to visualize the music, melody and emotion just from reading words in a stanza. if you want us to give honest feedback, record music to go along with it. there are also other online forums that focus on analyzing poetry, you may get more and faster feedback there.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

I used to read the lyrics people posted on this site...

...this is how I reacted...

http://theresnosolution.com/forum/viewt ... 31#p339931

...and this is how I reacted as well.

http://theresnosolution.com/forum/viewt ... 42#p343942

Basically, most lyricists on here post lyrics that kind of aren't very good. People on here are also not the greatest at giving constructive criticism. It's also not as easy to comment on lyrics when they aren't put into music. I can't read your lyrics and get a melody from it. I can listen to your instrumentation, and maybe take lyrics and put them into the music you create, but I cannot put your lyrics onto music that hasn't really been created.

Basically, when people DO comment on lyrics (as far as I have read in the past... ie 2010? 2011? earlier?... when I used to post lyrics on forums when I was like 13 years old?), they comment saying "omg great lyrics!" or "they're pretty good! i'd love to hear how you put them into music!"... people don't really give you much of any real critiquing or really throw anything at you with substance. Most people that read lyrics either feel they don't have much of a comment, or they're like that cladam kid and just want to up their post count so they say "gr8 lyrics!"

Does this help you?

Also, I thought it was cute when Gregorovich quoted me, now that I'm looking back to that post (second link)... hahah... I was being such a douche. It was just that the pakiraider kid pissed me off. Dude posted shitty lyrics and then complained when nobody responded to his shitty lyrics. <3 you Gregorovich.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
withchappedlips

I used to read the lyrics people posted on this site...

...this is how I reacted...

http://theresnosolution.com/forum/viewt ... 31#p339931

...and this is how I reacted as well.

http://theresnosolution.com/forum/viewt ... 42#p343942

Basically, most lyricists on here post lyrics that kind of aren't very good. People on here are also not the greatest at giving constructive criticism. It's also not as easy to comment on lyrics when they aren't put into music. I can't read your lyrics and get a melody from it. I can listen to your instrumentation, and maybe take lyrics and put them into the music you create, but I cannot put your lyrics onto music that hasn't really been created.

Basically, when people DO comment on lyrics (as far as I have read in the past... ie 2010? 2011? earlier?... when I used to post lyrics on forums when I was like 13 years old?), they comment saying "omg great lyrics!" or "they're pretty good! i'd love to hear how you put them into music!"... people don't really give you much of any real critiquing or really throw anything at you with substance. Most people that read lyrics either feel they don't have much of a comment, or they're like that cladam kid and just want to up their post count so they say "gr8 lyrics!"

Does this help you?

Also, I thought it was cute when Gregorovich quoted me, now that I'm looking back to that post (second link)... hahah... I was being such a douche. It was just that the pakiraider kid pissed me off. Dude posted shitty lyrics and then complained when nobody responded to his shitty lyrics. <3 you Gregorovich.

[donate][/donate]
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Trainwreck wrote: or they're like that cladam kid and just want to up their post count so they say "gr8 lyrics!"
I never said that... :ohshiz:
I could feel the hate, man.- I could feel it..
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

TheWatchmaker wrote:this is a music website and it's hard to visualize the music, melody and emotion just from reading words in a stanza. if you want us to give honest feedback, record music to go along with it. there are also other online forums that focus on analyzing poetry, you may get more and faster feedback there.
What's the link?

And @Trainwreck: We are not pros here, which is why at least I post here and I'm sure the rest of us too.
To get helpful feedback.
silverdolphin
Hooch
First name: Zee
Instrument 2: Keyboard
Instrument 3: Bass

Post by silverdolphin »

SickofEveryone wrote:
TheWatchmaker wrote:this is a music website and it's hard to visualize the music, melody and emotion just from reading words in a stanza. if you want us to give honest feedback, record music to go along with it. there are also other online forums that focus on analyzing poetry, you may get more and faster feedback there.
What's the link?
The Ultimate Guitar forums are a good place to start.
withchappedlips

SickofEveryone wrote:
What's the link?

And @Trainwreck: We are not pros here, which is why at least I post here and I'm sure the rest of us too.
To get helpful feedback.
And the people reading aren't pros either, myself included. We only think to say "itz gud"

[donate][/donate]
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

silverdolphin wrote:
SickofEveryone wrote:
What's the link?
The Ultimate Guitar forums are a good place to start.
i don't know of any specific ones, but im sure if you google "poetry forum" or something like that, you could find something.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!