No Doubt

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

No Doubt

Post by SumGeek »

I noticed there wasn't a thread already for the band and I felt as if this was the right time to make one. Today, after almost 11 years since the release of Rock Steady, No Doubt released the first single Settle Down off their long awaited album, Push and Shove, out September 25th, 2012.

1 hour ago, the E! network had the world premiere for the video on the special No Doubt: Settle Down. They talked about their kids to the process of making an album after so long and even discussed how they have plans to tour in 2013.

Here is the first single and video, Settle Down:
What do you think? The song is actually growing on me. I like the intro. It reminds me of their track Rock Steady and a bit of Gwen Stefani's solo work. I love that it has still No Doubt esque elements like the orange (Tragic Kingdom era) Tony is seen holding in his truck on the way to the party. The concept is genius, not to mention. Love the hug between the band when they met up at the party especially. Can't wait for a new era of No Doubt!
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: No Doubt

Post by Andros »

Awesome!
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

I had no clue they were still around.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

sumfan4 wrote:I had no clue they were still around.
Well, after promoting Rock Steady they took a break and Gwen had the time to do other things like her solo work. In the interview last night the band said it wasn't like they weren't around because another album was always going to happen, they just had to find the time. And after the 2009 tour with Paramore they were able to get back into the writing mode and wrote the first song after being back together and they began working on their upcoming album.
RODNEYMULLEN
Hooch

Post by RODNEYMULLEN »

wow... you kids are listening to no doubt these days? that's some poppy radio straight up garbage.
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

^ Hahaha, it is a little to poppy for me, but No Doubt has some hits I still remember hearing. I never knew they still made music.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

For anyone interested, here are their recent performances on the Teen Choice Awards, Jimmy Fallon, and Good Morning America:
Wasn't a huge fan of Settle Down on the TCA and Fallon but definately their GMA one made up for it.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

I don't get this, the music sounds really boring as fuck it's like having no momentum at all.
Can someone enlighten me how you are supposed to enjoy this kind of stuff? Really... tell me..

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

HugoDisasters wrote:I don't get this, the music sounds really boring as fuck it's like having no momentum at all.
Can someone enlighten me how you are supposed to enjoy this kind of stuff? Really... tell me..
Well, no one said you had to like them. But, their upcoming album is one of the most anticipated albums and their first album 1995's Tragic Kingdom was certified diamond. Their roots are ska and there's a lot of reggae so, if you don't like those. I think No Doubt make it work.

I'm really surprised there's not many fans of the band on TNS!