Jedi Mind Tricks

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Jedi Mind Tricks

Post by FuckT41182 »

I know that Hip-Hop isn't exactly the favorite shit around here, but these lyrics are worth listening to, the first one is a true story about the US-Vietnam war, it is inspirated by the memories of one of the member's father.
Uncommon Valor: A Vietnam Story
I Who Have Nothing
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
X^2
Billy Spleen

Re: Jedi Mind Tricks

Post by X^2 »

I used to like them, nowadays, not so much. Most of their songs are honestly quite crap, especially on the lyrical side which I find to be the most important aspect of Hip-hop.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

well, that's not just them, many bands who were starting in the 90's now suck ass, no matter what the genre, it kind of comes with the years.
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

well, that's not just them, many bands who were starting in the 90's now suck ass, no matter what the genre, it kind of comes with the years.
Haha. You definitely got that right. I'm a sucker for oldskool and 90's hip-hop, but nowadays most of hiphop really sucks. I wish it didn't, but well, thats how it is. Can't do nothin about it. It all started going awry short after the Miami Bass-groups (2-live crew etc.) and gangsta-groups like NWA. It seems like hoes and money got the spot as the most important things in hip-hop. So sad.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

X^2 wrote:It seems like hoes and money got the spot as the most important things in hip-hop. So sad.
99% of what's wrong with the modern music industry there, my friend.
fuck this signature nonsense
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Gregorovich wrote:
X^2 wrote:It seems like hoes and money got the spot as the most important things in hip-hop. So sad.
99% of what's wrong with the modern music industry there, my friend.
Jedi Mind Tricks, Immortal Technique and so on are underground.

X^2 wrote:
Haha. You definitely got that right. I'm a sucker for oldskool and 90's hip-hop, but nowadays most of hiphop really sucks. I wish it didn't, but well, thats how it is. Can't do nothin about it. It all started going awry short after the Miami Bass-groups (2-live crew etc.) and gangsta-groups like NWA. It seems like hoes and money got the spot as the most important things in hip-hop. So sad.
it's not just hip-hop actually, it's all genres, the ideas are running out, there's a few good new worthy arists there like Immortal Technique and so on, mostly underground. But also bands like Brand New, something new and originale.
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

it's not just hip-hop actually, it's all genres, the ideas are running out, there's a few good new worthy arists there like Immortal Technique and so on, mostly underground. But also bands like Brand New, something new and originale.
Sure, but I think the decay is most apparent in hip-hop. But yeah, I agree, originality is scarce in modern music.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

X^2 wrote:
Sure, but I think the decay is most apparent in hip-hop. But yeah, I agree, originality is scarce in modern music.
Well, maybe it looks like that because there is so many popular shitty hip-hop artists now, like Drake, Lil Wayne and some other shit, but there is still some good stuff in the underground, like Sweatshop Union or IT, and others.

Many new pop-punk bands sound like New Found Glory or Jimmy Eat World with a different voice, it's all going to shit, in my honest opinion.