Billy Talent

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Re: Billy Talent

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Hm, it's alright. A bit lacklustre, much like the new Blink-182 song. I haven't really payed close attention to Billy Talent since II was released. Everything after that just blurs together with no songs really standing out to me.
From III I really like Rusted from the Rain, Saint Veronika, Tears Into Wine (its verse is really catchy) and Pocket Full of Dreams, I would say they stand out. Devil On My Shoulder is also very good in live.
I wouldn't say I'm fan of Dead Silence, but there are some good tracks on that too and I think that album's sound is more different than the previous ones from each others, so I can't say they're blurring.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I'm feeling the same with everyone here.
It's a little bland and doesn't have that punch like their other singles.
I know bands that are getting older lose some of their oomph, but maybe this is the slowest song on the album.
I'm just shocked Billy Talent has come out with a new single, and Sum 41 hasn't yet :(
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

They've just played this new song first ever live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95pnZV2tK3Q

I like it much better than AoH, I'm getting really excited, next week I'll see them. :)

Also, another new song live, but it's in worse quality, I can't say I dig it yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggh_M0jNjPU

All in all, it seems this new album will have a classic punk and rock'n'roll vibe. Similar than the last one, but I hope this time they can combine more with their crazy guitar riffs and melodies.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Re: Billy Talent

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Just to break Sum 41 threads a little a bit :hehe:
I was on yesterday's Billy Talent show and... that was the first concert when I actually thought I was gonna die there. And I didn't even care. :devious: The crowd was insane but awesome, really intense and wild party.
Billy Talent was super great, they sound so awesome on live. Unfortunately they didn't play Big Red Gun from the new songs, I think they shifted it by Runnin' Across the Tracks. Afraid of Heights actually slipped by me, it wasn't memorable for me, Louder than the DJ surprised me, it sounds cool live. Kingdom of Zod was also really rad.
The whole show was awesome, so much energy and really great setlist! :2cool4u: