Alexisonfire...

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Alexisonfire...

Post by Dylan »

CALL IT QUITS!!! :suicide:
Alexisonfire have announced that the band have called it a day.

In a statement posted on the band's official site, www.theonlybandever.com, vocalist George Pettit explains that the band had, in fact, played what was to be their last ever show with guitarist/vocalist Dallas Green on December 19, 2010 in their hometown of St. Catharines, Ontario.

"Almost a year ago, Dallas informed us he would be leaving after we finished our [2009 album] Old Crows/Young Cardinals tour cycle," says the frontman. "Trying to balance his life between touring with us [and] City And Colour was a task too difficult to continue managing. He informed us he wanted to focus his efforts on City And Colour."

George adds that the band had planned to continue, but a series of personal issues "pulled them further and further" from the band. And, after guitarist Wade MacNeil's recent decision to quit in order to focus on other projects, the remaining members - drummer Jordan 'Ratbeard' Hastings and bassist Chris Steele - felt they had no option but to go their separate ways.

"Replacing one guitar player/singer/writer was something we thought possible, but replacing two would run the serious risk of perverting the legacy of what we had achieved," says George. "We took a good hard swallow and decided to end it so it would never get old and ugly. Was the break-up amicable? Not really. Was it necessary? Probably. The members of this band are my family and I wish them nothing but good fortune."

The band released four albums during their decade-long tenure. Their most recent full-length release was 2009's Old Crows/Young Cardinals.

Alexisonfire are currently planning to commemorate their 10th anniversary with a series of releases and one last run of Canadian headline shows.

"In closing, I'd like to offer my sincerest gratitude to our fans," says the vocalist. "You were the coal that stoked our engines. You've given us a spectacular decade, rich with experience and joy. I love you all."

Kerrang! wishes the band luck in their future endeavours. For the full story, be sure to pick up next week's Kerrang! magazine, on sale August 10.
if they do tour once more, which they say the plan to, and you are Canadian, GO! i know i will try to.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Re: Alexisonfire...

Post by Hentaiman »

Wow, this sucks... I read around March they said they're already working on the follow-up to Young Cardinals, and said it's gonna be a heavy one.. dammit, I really liked these guys, this really sucks they disbanded like this.

EDIT: I wish I was Canadian to go see them one last time on this last run of Canadian shows, but if it's without Dallas (cuz apparently he's quit the band almost a year ago), then it won't be worth seeing anyway.
Last edited by Hentaiman on Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

George has a Pettit penis.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

Madjid wrote:George has a Pettit penis.
Filespit
Bunkface
First name: Peter

Post by Filespit »

I'm really, really sad about this, AoF is one of my favorite bands. I expected them to go on a break since Dallas has a new City & Colour album out, but I certainly did not expect them to break up! Will be interesting though to see what the other guys will do now. Rumor has it Wade will join Gallows, that's rather interesting.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

gutted about this.
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero
First name: Sagiv
n00b: BrandonCorey, Kyle

Post by wiggs1441 »

I had a feeling this would happen. Dallas is huge with City and Colour, so I kind of see why he would leave. I'm pretty sure Dallas is going to tour this last tour. As much as I'm bummed about this, I cant wait for the shows.
tomhoppus is my Master!
NoReason27 is my Grand-master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

wiggs1441 wrote:I had a feeling this would happen. Dallas is huge with City and Colour, so I kind of see why he would leave. I'm pretty sure Dallas is going to tour this last tour. As much as I'm bummed about this, I cant wait for the shows.
http://www.spinner.com/2011/08/08/dalla ... ire-split/

Well, it doesn't seem like Dallas is going to do this one last tour, I mean, he did quit the band almost a year ago and they all kept quiet about this until now so it's not that surprising that now almost a year later they decided to split up instead of replacing him but it's been too long and he doesn't want to do it anymore.

It's weird though, I mean... he quiet cuz he didn't wanna do both, but why he is so reluctant to a one last tour with them, just to end it properly. Weird.

Btw, have you guys heard it was confirmed that Wade is the new vocalist of Gallows? never listened to these guys, but might check them out now with Wade, I like his voice.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

i listened to Gallows when i heard they were opening up for Billy Talent/ AOF/ Against me! Canadian tour last year, they were alright. but they had to cancel, and Cancer Bats came instead. i definitely think that Gallows could sound a lot better with Wade as vocalist.

listening back to old Alexisonfire... man that shit was good.

Follow me on Twitter!
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Kind of makes me want to listen to them.
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

Ahh, this sucks really bad. But I do understand why Dallas finally called it quits, so I'm not too bummed about it as a fan of C&C.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

I haven't really given them a listen, I've heard some of their songs though and I like them but for some reason I'm sad about this, not that I don't love City & Colour but still.
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero

Post by wiggs1441 »

I really do hope that Dallas continues till the last tour is over. Just wouldn't be Alexisonfire without him. And if he doesn't I can still say I saw Alexisonfire's last show with Dallas.
tomhoppus is my Master!
NoReason27 is my Grand-master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

Dylan
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Dylan »

i like Dallas and his acoustic stuff, but i just can't seem to like his new songs "fragile bird" or "northern wind". a lot of his acoustic stuff is hit and miss for me.

Follow me on Twitter!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

wiggs1441 wrote:I really do hope that Dallas continues till the last tour is over. Just wouldn't be Alexisonfire without him. And if he doesn't I can still say I saw Alexisonfire's last show with Dallas.
Well, you're lucky then that you saw this last show with him! Cuz it really doesn't sound like he's coming back for this tour considering he's not in the band for almost a year. I do hope he comes back for this tour, though I don't really care cuz I'm not Canadian so I don't have a chance of seeing them on this last tour anyway :sosad:
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

2712 wrote:i listened to Gallows when i heard they were opening up for Billy Talent/ AOF/ Against me! Canadian tour last year, they were alright. but they had to cancel, and Cancer Bats came instead. i definitely think that Gallows could sound a lot better with Wade as vocalist.
they'll probably sound better with Wade, but a lot of people will prefer Frank. he was half of Gallows, his stage presence and personality is what made that band. he was a fuckin awesome showman.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

I wonder what kind of showman Wade will be, now that he will be only doing vocals, and not playing the guitar.
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero

Post by wiggs1441 »

Hentaiman wrote:I wonder what kind of showman Wade will be, now that he will be only doing vocals, and not playing the guitar.
Wade makes an incredible frontman. He is actually the singer in another band called Black Lungs (everyone should check them out).
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

I'm listening to their whole discography right now, it's too bad they broke up
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

wiggs1441 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:I wonder what kind of showman Wade will be, now that he will be only doing vocals, and not playing the guitar.
Wade makes an incredible frontman. He is actually the singer in another band called Black Lungs (everyone should check them out).
I heard a few Black Lungs songs once... didn't like it.