About Norway Attacks

Talk about what's happening now. Talk politics. Talk about whatever is going on in this world.
Madjid

About Norway Attacks

Post by Madjid »

I know there's been a thread about this, but i didn't wanna contribute because my opinion would shift the entire conversation into a different direction. Now that most of you have have spoken, it's my turn.

If i a Muslim person killed +90 people in Norway, the press would have declared it as a "Terrorist Act", but, since the person is Norwegian, i read in BBC and CNN that it was rather "Aggressive".

Terrorism has become attached to Islam, while really, terrorism has no religion, as long as it terrors people, and takes away lives in an unjust way.

Seeing this hypocrisy from BBC (which I think is the most credible source out there) is just....sick.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Re: About Norway Attacks

Post by Boni »

To be honest. When I hear the word terrorist. I think of Ireland and the IRA.
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

They called him a terrorist in the Dutch news.

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

They do call him terrorist here too. But I do agree that word terrorist has become attached to Islam. Of course, it's fucking stupid to generalize, but there is reason for that.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Honestly I think it depends on the entire situation. I don't know anything much about the attacks (so correct me if I'm wrong) but from what I hear, the guy was more or less a crazed gunman, and didn't hope to accomplish anything by killing that many Norwegians. If this is the case, then he wouldn't be a terrorist (just a psycho, which he is). While I don't deny the word is growing more and more attached to Islam, I think the majority of the media would be more sensible when deciding if an act really is 'terrorism'.
fuck this signature nonsense
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Gregorovich wrote:Honestly I think it depends on the entire situation. I don't know anything much about the attacks (so correct me if I'm wrong) but from what I hear, the guy was more or less a crazed gunman, and didn't hope to accomplish anything by killing that many Norwegians. If this is the case, then he wouldn't be a terrorist (just a psycho, which he is). While I don't deny the word is growing more and more attached to Islam, I think the majority of the media would be more sensible when deciding if an act really is 'terrorism'.
He claimed his goal to be exciting a revolution, he said it was brutal, but it needed to be done ... he definitely sounded more like a terrorist than like a crazy gunman to me ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:Honestly I think it depends on the entire situation. I don't know anything much about the attacks (so correct me if I'm wrong) but from what I hear, the guy was more or less a crazed gunman, and didn't hope to accomplish anything by killing that many Norwegians. If this is the case, then he wouldn't be a terrorist (just a psycho, which he is). While I don't deny the word is growing more and more attached to Islam, I think the majority of the media would be more sensible when deciding if an act really is 'terrorism'.
He claimed his goal to be exciting a revolution, he said it was brutal, but it needed to be done ... he definitely sounded more like a terrorist than like a crazy gunman to me ...
I think he did it to draw attention.. which made it a lot easier for him to get people to read his manifest and allow him to spread his ideology throughout the world. He spreaded that manifest a couple of hours before his attacks for a reason
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

samueeL wrote:They do call him terrorist here too. But I do agree that word terrorist has become attached to Islam. Of course, it's fucking stupid to generalize, but there is reason for that.
Further explanation please?

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

He wanted a revolution? Didn't know that. In that case, he sounds more like a terrorist.
fuck this signature nonsense
samueeL
Finnish Flash

Post by samueeL »

Madjid wrote:
samueeL wrote:They do call him terrorist here too. But I do agree that word terrorist has become attached to Islam. Of course, it's fucking stupid to generalize, but there is reason for that.
I seriously don't mean to offend anyone and I haven't done any research for this but based on news and just my life experience it seems like there are way more "extreme" people amongst Islamic than any other group. They do whatever it takes to reach their goal. Can't help but many terrorist attacks/suicide bombings are by muslims.

Then again, that's generalizing and of course media makes people think this way here in Europe. If some crazy Finn would do terrorist attack for example on Swedish soil I wouldn't want everyone think that all the Finns are nuts. That's not obviously the case.

I'm definitely not racist, far from it. But now this whole thing has got me thinking that it doesn't sound good, if population of muslims increase a lot in European countries. ~10-15% of Swedish population are muslims. For example our cultural differences are HUGE. I've been in couple cities of Egypt, so I have some experience. And even if we think about religion, it's basically nothing here anymore. People are part of church but they are definitely not religious. Couple years ago I remember there was this huge arguing here in Finland 'cause muslims wanted that government would use tax money and build Mecca to them. In the center of the city or something like that. So things like that make people here suspicious.

There should be different countries, it's not realistic to think that we all should live as one. It's never gonna work out. People all over the world are so different that it's not good thing to shuffle too much. Right now, here in Finland, there is this huge political party that basically tries to throw every foreigner out of here. I do not share that spirit and it's very sad to see that they're getting very popular. They share exactly the same thoughts that Andrew Breivik did.

I've read half of his manifest and can't help but wonder how can he call himself religious Christian and then do something like that. The most scariest thing is: he seems to be quite smart. Went through university, got his first million at the age of 24. The way he planned his attack... He had thought everything through, even the smallest details that normal person couldn't probably think of. It's so freaking scary. But yeah, I got kinda side tracked but hoped that explained something.
upperclasszero
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Jake
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by upperclasszero »

fuck white people
Children of the beast embrace,
To scorn and the human race,
Consume the light that hugs the earth,
And aid the womb in giving birth,
To a group that will appear,
And guide you through this final year,
The dark armies then will come,
When the sum is 41

WillySpleen is my n00b
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

samueeL wrote:
Madjid wrote:
I seriously don't mean to offend anyone and I haven't done any research for this but based on news and just my life experience it seems like there are way more "extreme" people amongst Islamic than any other group. They do whatever it takes to reach their goal. Can't help but many terrorist attacks/suicide bombings are by muslims.

Then again, that's generalizing and of course media makes people think this way here in Europe. If some crazy Finn would do terrorist attack for example on Swedish soil I wouldn't want everyone think that all the Finns are nuts. That's not obviously the case.

I'm definitely not racist, far from it. But now this whole thing has got me thinking that it doesn't sound good, if population of muslims increase a lot in European countries. ~10-15% of Swedish population are muslims. For example our cultural differences are HUGE. I've been in couple cities of Egypt, so I have some experience. And even if we think about religion, it's basically nothing here anymore. People are part of church but they are definitely not religious. Couple years ago I remember there was this huge arguing here in Finland 'cause muslims wanted that government would use tax money and build Mecca to them. In the center of the city or something like that. So things like that make people here suspicious.

There should be different countries, it's not realistic to think that we all should live as one. It's never gonna work out. People all over the world are so different that it's not good thing to shuffle too much. Right now, here in Finland, there is this huge political party that basically tries to throw every foreigner out of here. I do not share that spirit and it's very sad to see that they're getting very popular. They share exactly the same thoughts that Andrew Breivik did.

I've read half of his manifest and can't help but wonder how can he call himself religious Christian and then do something like that. The most scariest thing is: he seems to be quite smart. Went through university, got his first million at the age of 24. The way he planned his attack... He had thought everything through, even the smallest details that normal person couldn't probably think of. It's so freaking scary. But yeah, I got kinda side tracked but hoped that explained something.
What scares me the most is that young people, like my sister for example, are extremly racist, i guess you have my parents to thank for that, well my whole family tbh.
gosh she's so ignorant sometimes, you would be surprised how much bullshit she can say about inmigrants, she doesn't realise that with the current situation we'll have to get the hell out of here if we want a decent job.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

Didn't read every post, but that shithead will get max. 21 years in jail by Norway law. I would hang him in no time. This is not human anymore.
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

gejmik wrote:Didn't read every post, but that shithead will get max. 21 years in jail by Norway law. I would hang him in no time. This is not human anymore.
Whoever takes a human life unjustly, his own life should be taken.

PS : a Norwegian jail cell is better than my room.

OWNED
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Madjid wrote:Whoever takes a human life unjustly, his own life should be taken.
This.
Madjid wrote:PS : a Norwegian jail cell is better than my room.
And This.
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

The reason terrorism has been attached to Islam is because it appears that the majority of the large terrorism attacks were by people from that area. Now I haven't really followed all the terrorist attacks going on so I don't know if the truth is that lots of them are by Islamic people, but I'm basing it off everything I have heard off decent news broadcasts. Pretty much every stereotype starts from the truth somewhere along the line so that's the reason that has come about.

However yes, it's far from every Islamic person that is a terrorist, it's next to none. I think it's disgusting that people are wary of ordinary Islamic people in the streets now when they're just another person.

And yeah this Norweigan piece of shit was a loony and a terrorist. I hate how the media somehow managed to downplay it cos he was white.
Last edited by Tyler. on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil

Post by Emil »

I'm gonna join here, he did blow up a bomb next to the governmental buildings in Oslo and killed those youths from the labor party for a reason. He believes he has started a war about mult-culturalism and now he's making outragous demands if he's gonna talk to the police, like for instance the government most resign and the king abdicate and the rule of the country be handed over to a council of "knights". So yeah he's a terrorist.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

Norway law system is fucked. How can somebody kill almost 90 innocent people and get from jail (luxurious jail) in 21 years? I will never understand this.