Amy Winehouse dead!

Talk about what's happening now. Talk politics. Talk about whatever is going on in this world.
Susanne
Goon

Re: Amy Winehouse dead!

Post by Susanne »

I agree that her death was her own fault, so I can't really say I feel sympathy for her. I don't think that she deserved it though.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Stef wrote:She's 27. She doesn't join the 27 club because she is 27.

To join that club you need to achieve something..
Well, she sold a lot of records, every single people I know who have heard at least one her songs agree to say she had an amazing voice, and she was known all over the world... If that's not achieving something then I think nobody here will ever achieve anything !
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
samueeL wrote:
DeryckW wrote:
samueeL wrote:Being drug addict doesn't mean she deserved to die. Do you people realize what drugs do to a person? She wasn't herself. Rip.
She was herself before she tried it? Week human being that deserves too die.

"buhu my life is sad, better take some drugs to feel better again" Well are you happy now? Your are dead, deserved it.
And your age is... 14?
I actually agree with him, not the "she deserved to die" bit though but it was her own stupid fault. I live in a country full of junkies so I see the effects first hand.
Fixed
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Jake! wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
samueeL wrote:
DeryckW wrote:
samueeL wrote:Being drug addict doesn't mean she deserved to die. Do you people realize what drugs do to a person? She wasn't herself. Rip.

"buhu my life is sad, better take some drugs to feel better again" Well are you happy now? Your are dead, deserved it.
And your age is... 14?
I actually agree with him, not the "she deserved to die" bit though but it was her own stupid fault. I live in a country full of junkies so I see the effects first hand.
Fixed
True, The UK is a terrible place with all the drug crime. Blackpool is the worst.
[donate][/donate]
DeryckW
Billy Spleen
Last.fm Username: DeryckW

Post by DeryckW »

samueeL wrote:
DeryckW wrote:

And your age is... 14?
No. I'm older than you. Got problem bro?
Sometimes I can't help think that I have you right behind me all this time
If only you could have a chance to see
All the happiness you gave to me
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

DeryckW wrote:No. I'm older than you. Got problem bro?
Yeah, obviously, I think you're moron. But that's just my opinion.
ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

DeryckW wrote:

Well, if tomorrow a member of Sum 41 dies because he was too drunk, I guess you will say that he deserved to die.
If your best friend would start to take drugs for any reason, you'd probably say that he deserves to die too.
And if you start to take drug for any reason, you'll kill yourself immediatly because when you take drugs, you deserve to die.

I don't think anybody on this board is or has been a drug addict so we don't know how it is to be addicted. Don't judge the junkies, it's stupid.

But I have to admit, it's her fault if it happened, but death is not something you deserve just because you have problem with drugs... be serious.
We must use our voices as a flag.
And make it resonate in every building, in every head.

The youth is raising up in burning cages, not just pretences.

We are the solution.

http://sum41-france.com
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

I don't think that we should say such a thing that she deserved to die, but I also don't agree with Samuel, cause being a drug addict is a sign of weak personality, doesn't matter what are the circumstances ...

what I mean is that it may be a disease, but it is a disease of choice, some people have their childhood fucked up as hell and they didn't choose it and made a good person out of themselves, some other people had everything + a GOOD LIFE, yet they still found a reason to start doing drugs ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

no one "deserves" to die. some people don't deserve the sympathy when they live a life of unethical decisions that bring upon them their own downfall. it's tragic that she died young, and as an addict. its tragic that she felt she had to be on narcotics to feel normal or be happy. no one should feel that way.

but in comparison to the 85+ kids who were murdered in Norway, this isn't tragic. it's ridiculous that some people would pay more attention to a drug addicted singer who was only relevant 5 years ago than an act of terror against children. that is what is tragic.

personally, i think her songs sucked but she probably could have been more had she not been a drug addict.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

It's sad but unfortunate she couldn't get her act together, and she died at such a young age too. It's a shame.
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

It was her own choice to use drugs, but it is a fucking addiction. So that isn't so easy to fucking heal from, stupids.

FuckT41182 wrote:cause being a drug addict is a sign of weak personality
This is so fucking untrue, shithead. I actually KNOW what addiction feels like and I am all but a weak personality, fuckshitcunthomo

Just losing it here.
Last edited by Shelley41 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
Aaron
Underclass Hero
First name: Aaron
360 Gamer Tag: xRG West
Instrument 1: Trumpet
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Aaron »

Never listened to her that much but I think she was a great singer and its a shame that she died. I think it was awesome how she covered lots of reggae and ska and played with The Specials once.
"Nice Guys Finish Last" -Leo Durocher
My masters are Still Waiting and Madjid
My Brothers and Sisters are Jake, Sara, and Heather.
My Noobs are Sum41Ant27 turtlehobopirate. My Grand-Noob is GutterDreams.
We have a messed up family :)
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

2712 wrote:no one "deserves" to die. some people don't deserve the sympathy when they live a life of unethical decisions that bring upon them their own downfall. it's tragic that she died young, and as an addict. its tragic that she felt she had to be on narcotics to feel normal or be happy. no one should feel that way.

but in comparison to the 85+ kids who were murdered in Norway, this isn't tragic. it's ridiculous that some people would pay more attention to a drug addicted singer who was only relevant 5 years ago than an act of terror against children. that is what is tragic.

personally, i think her songs sucked but she probably could have been more had she not been a drug addict.
If there was a like button, I'd have hit it !

You summed up exactly what I think !
ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

2712 wrote: but in comparison to the 85+ kids who were murdered in Norway, this isn't tragic. it's ridiculous that some people would pay more attention to a drug addicted singer who was only relevant 5 years ago than an act of terror against children. that is what is tragic.
Of course it is tragic, of course I agree with you.

But if people pay attention to the death a drug addicted singer it can have a positive effect because it's one more proof for teenagers that drug is fucking dangerous. I mean, this kind of death have a signification, even if terrorism did a lot more of victims.
We must use our voices as a flag.
And make it resonate in every building, in every head.

The youth is raising up in burning cages, not just pretences.

We are the solution.

http://sum41-france.com
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Shelley41! wrote:It was her own choice to use drugs, but it is a fucking addiction. So that isn't so easy to fucking heal from, stupids.

This is so fucking untrue, shithead. I actually KNOW what addiction feels like and I am all but a weak personality, fuckshitcunthomo

Just losing it here.
Actually starting to do drugs is a sign of a weak personality, everyone knows it's bad for you and she probably thought she was able to handle it.. like many others thought.. your addiction probably had nothing to do with it but this is how I think about it
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Shelley41! wrote:It was her own choice to use drugs, but it is a fucking addiction. So that isn't so easy to fucking heal from, stupids.

Just losing it here.
Actually starting to do drugs is a sign of a weak personality, everyone knows it's bad for you and she probably thought she was able to handle it.. like many others thought.. your addiction probably had nothing to do with it but this is how I think about it
Define weak personality

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

She apparently shoulda went to rehab.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Even if she wasn't loved by many of the members out her, she really was talented.

I really can't believe those reactions. "It's her own fault, I don't care, meh she's a druggie,..."

I mean: of course she was an addict, so what? It's a huge loss for music (industry). What if Deryck died like 8 years a go because of drugs? Well?

I'm not a Winehouse-fan, but please... Show some respect. Seriously.

You're really a bunch of hypocrites.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

Lars wrote:I'm not a Winehouse-fan, but please... Show some respect. Seriously.
It disgusts me when people say those type of things about someone, regardless of who they are. Unless they've REALLY done something to deserve it, i.e Hitler, there's no need to be rude about these things. Even though very little to none of us here are fans of her, keep it to yourself. This thread is going to get outta hand fast.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Gutter Dreams wrote:
Lars wrote:I'm not a Winehouse-fan, but please... Show some respect. Seriously.
It disgusts me when people say those type of things about someone, regardless of who they are. Unless they've REALLY done something to deserve it, i.e Hitler, there's no need to be rude about these things. Even though very little to none of us here are fans of her, keep it to yourself. This thread is going to get outta hand fast.
Exactly how I feel. She's dead goddammit. She has never hurt anyone else than herself and you're saying she deserved it?