Linkin Park

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Linkin Park

Post by Gregorovich »

Does this appeal to you? If so, keep reading.
Now I'm a massive fan of Linkin Park (even their newest album, A Thousand Suns, which was a bold concept, but just not refined enough musically), but you really don't know LP untill you've checked out their underground work. Songs such as QWERTY, Dedicated & No Roads Left really are hidden gems, while their instrumental work (eg. Pale, Announcement Service Public, Lockjaw) is quite frankly astounding. They are an entire other band beneath the surface, and one really worth checking out.

If you've got the time, have a listen to A Thousand Suns: The Full Experience (The entire album in a single track). The album really loses its impact if listened to as a bunch of separate tracks. It was made to work as a single unit, and that's how you should listen to it (if you have 50 minutes, of course).

Also, check out this guy: Acelp12
He's taken a large number of LP songs, ripped the lyrics and enhanced the SFX, leaving Hi-Def instrumentals. Like with some of the Sums' work, you can only really appreciate an LP song when you hear what goes on behind the lyrics.

His best work is his remix of The Catalyst. Now, I know what you're thinking - The Catalyst was a lame, mainstream song, and you don't want to hear a lame, techno remix. No. Just watch.
It elevates to a whole new level at 1:20. This is Linkin Park - How it was MEANT to be.
Last edited by Gregorovich on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
fuck this signature nonsense
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: Linkin Park - How it was MEANT to be.

Post by HugoDisasters »

Man seriously i fucking agree with you, it makes total sense though.

But i do have to say that they are very good at what they are doing currently even though they have dynamically changed and become something almost whole different by now. But to me that kinda looks like a way of evolving in purpose of only keeping the true fans, those who will always like the music because of it's core creativity- the only creativity they have and can ever create that can never be replicated.

I feel the same with Sum 41's evolving history throughout the days behind the mainstream bullshit, they still do good music wether they do light and "pussy" shit as some describe it yeah you know what im talking about Underclass Hero. Right. I still like it A LOT. And i wasn't really into it when Scumfuck leaked but then i started to like the song increasingly just because it had their core creativity in it. They were still the same, but in another shape.

I do agree with you that the earlier, good and better with bands in matter can be very much better to us, speaking of our opinion but in another certain way it's another branch of the creativity tree.

They are still awesome, they could try to be a bit to their roots that would make things better for many of us. But what matters is, they are still alive giving us the good stuff.
Last edited by HugoDisasters on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

I really don't understand the hate from most people with A Thousand Suns. It's one of my favourite albums ever. LP was probably my first real favourite band and the only thing I don't like from them is Minutes to Midnight, but A Thousand Suns was a sweet album.
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

Tyler. wrote:I really don't understand the hate from most people with A Thousand Suns. It's one of my favourite albums ever. LP was probably my first real favourite band and the only thing I don't like from them is Minutes to Midnight, but A Thousand Suns was a sweet album.
Its probably like UH and Sum 41 a lot different from the older stuff and people don't like that. but me personally don't care about old or new stuff cause i like it all
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

LP fucking rocks. M2M is kinda what got me into them, but i discovered that they had many songs better than those ones. I totally agree with you, ATS is awesome as a full album and that's how Rock should be. I loved the Catalyst, When they Come for Me and even Iridescent. most of their underground stuff is gold.

also, anyone says that LP "sold out" with M2M and ATS is a fucking idiot. fucking Hybrid Theory went like 1234587times platinum. that doesn't make them mainstream? fuck you.

not too found of that remix up there ^ Catalyst all ready kicked balls, IN MY OPINION.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

2712 wrote: also, anyone says that LP "sold out" with M2M and ATS is a fucking idiot. fucking Hybrid Theory went like 1234587times platinum. that doesn't make them mainstream? fuck you.
Lol I fucking love when people say band sold out. Most of the time the album that they apparently "sold out" on has much less mainstream appeal than stuff they've written before. If they wanted to sell out and get mainstream attention, ATS was the worst thing they could do.

The only thing I want is more Mr Hahn, like epic 2 minute solos by him doing some trippy shit.
Last edited by Tyler. on Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Tyler. wrote: The only thing I want is more Mr Hahn, like epic 2 minute solos by him doing some trippy shit.
i disagree. save the Mr. Hahn Solo's ( :2cool4u: ) for the live shows.

also, who here thinks "What I've Done" is LP's worst song? why do people like it? it's so repetitive and boring as fuck. :suicide:
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

2712 wrote:
Tyler. wrote: The only thing I want is more Mr Hahn, like epic 2 minute solos by him doing some trippy shit.
i disagree. save the Mr. Hahn Solo's ( :2cool4u: ) for the live shows.

also, who here thinks "What I've Done" is LP's worst song? why do people like it? it's so repetitive and boring as fuck. :suicide:
I don't like it much either.

My favourite's on ATS are Waiting for the End, all the little instrumentalish tracks, When They Come For Me. I actually like this album more than their old ones at the moment.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

Tyler. wrote:I really don't understand the hate from most people with A Thousand Suns. It's one of my favourite albums ever. LP was probably my first real favourite band and the only thing I don't like from them is Minutes to Midnight, but A Thousand Suns was a sweet album.
It's not rock anymore.
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

TO ME, Linkin Park died after Meteora.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Madjid wrote:TO ME, Linkin Park died after Meteora.
Cos you never listened to M2M or ATS?
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

Tyler. wrote:
Madjid wrote:TO ME, Linkin Park died after Meteora.
Cos you never listened to M2M or ATS?
Minutes to Midnight was the album i anticipated the most, and the one that disappointed me the most.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Dayum, I expected fuck all from that one for some reason. ATS is a cool album though. To me a lot of it sounds like a movies background music, but it's awesome.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

As I said before, you need to listen to it as a single unit, rather than judge the musical quality of individual songs. That's why LP were reluctant to release more than one single originally. It's not so much a conventional album, as an Experience.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Gregorovich wrote:As I said before, you need to listen to it as a single unit, rather than judge the musical quality of individual songs. That's why LP were reluctant to release more than one single originally. It's not so much a conventional album, as an Experience.
It's funny because that's what Deryck exactly said about SBM.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

HugoDisasters wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:As I said before, you need to listen to it as a single unit, rather than judge the musical quality of individual songs. That's why LP were reluctant to release more than one single originally. It's not so much a conventional album, as an Experience.
It's funny because that's what Deryck exactly said about SBM.
I really don't think it's quite the same with SBM. While yes, the songs do contribute to each other if listened to in sequence (If you treat ADROOH as a single song, which I do) they are nowhere nearly as tightly focussed as ATS. I get the impression that LP constructed the 'album' as a single unit and split it into tracks afterwards.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Yeah SBM's nothing like it lol, aside from the 3 tracks as one song all the songs are single tracks.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I liked the new album. Sure it was different but I know a lot of people that said it was shite just because it wasn't old school linkin park. Personally I think that is a stupid reason. I always listen to an album with a clear mind, their previous work doesn't make an impact on me. If I like the music of that album. I like it and the same if I don't.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

LP was my favorite band way back.. Breaking the habit is the song that got me into them.. I like all their albums except for ATS.. that album is a piece of garbage.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

blackhawk1105 wrote:LP was my favorite band way back.. Breaking the habit is the song that got me into them.. I like all their albums except for ATS.. that album is a piece of garbage.
See above.