E3 2011

Talk about anything related to games here: video games, board games, games passed down from your great great grandpa's dad, or any other type of game.

Moderators: Janet, Gutter Dreams

Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

E3 2011

Post by Druska »

Let's act all geeky and discuss about the E3 shall we?
I just finished watching the ubisoft conference, AC Revelations looks pretty cool, though I'm not sure if it'll be an improvement on the AC saga.
they did show some gameplay, but i can't find it on youtube yet

And this, cannot describe how excited i'm, I've been a fan since the 2 came out, i think that the correct description, if i were a guy, would be I jizzed in my pants
So what do expect from this E3?
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Re: E3 2011

Post by Jake »

Ghost recon looks pretty amazing. Would never catch me using a Kinect tho. I'm far too much of a lazy cunt.

Battlefield 3 looks... Fantastic, as expected. Looks like it's probably going to prefer PS3 hardware. I can't see that fitting onto just the one HDDVD :/ Although it's lead platform is PC, which means it will favour xbox over PS3 in terms of gameplay. Certainly makes me wonder which platform to buy it for :/ Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I reckon it'll rape all dignity out of the next CoD. Compaired to BF, CoD's multiplayer matchmaking and hosting is fucking terible...

Hmm. Farcry 3? I enjoyed 2, not seen anything to do with 3 yet, just read that it exists.

MINECRAFT FOR XBOX AND MOBILE DEVICES... FUCK ME I'M NEVER GOING TO BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING PRODUCTIVE EVER AGAIN.

Contemplating switching to the PS3 as my main console. xbox would make for a better doorstop than the PS3 currently is.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Can't wait for the Skyrim segments to go up on Youtube! Since I won't be able to watch them live
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Ah just watched it on facebook, looks epic!
Last edited by Tyler. on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

Nintendo is going to rape everybody tomorrow I hope. Hopefully some good games will come to Project Café, third party developers have largely ignored the Wii with good reason!
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

Can't wait to watch Nintendo tomorrow
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Dunno why there's hate for MW3 already, looks fun as always and it will be.

Battlefield 3 looks fun, but the campaign looks like they're trying to copy CoD with better graphics, which I don't have a problem with since I like them both, but it's definitely not typical Battlefield.
RileSum
Billy Spleen
First name: Riley
Instrument 2: Guitar Hero Guitar

Post by RileSum »

Fuck, BattleField 3 looks amazing but i really want it for the PC but i'm broke as shit and if were to get one i'd want a good expensive one.

And stoked on Halo 4 and anniversary
I want to fly, Can you take me far away, Give me a star to reach for, Tell me what it takes, And I’ll go so high, I’ll go so high, My feet won’t touch the ground, its my wings, That pull the strings, I bought these dreams, That all fall down
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Wow... Just... Wow. I thought MW3 was going to look bad but this... Words cannot express how horrible it looks. Same graphics, same models, same animations, same sounds as MW2. Effectively a copy/paste job of a 2009 game. If you buy this, you're a fucking idiot.

BF3 on the other hand... Phwoar. I've loved BF since 2005 but this is on another level. World's second best developers working on the world's best game engine... This can only end in a GotY.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

I sometimes get really sick of the E3 a couple of my friends watch all the Press conferences and always get super hyped up, at the end of it I usually just watch some trailers...

On that note:

far cry 2 was a really fun game and I might pick up fc3

COD is my favorite series so I'll definitely buy MW3, I might not pick up tye nee cod after that cause treyarch always comes up with fucking shitty games, I hate them

I really enjoyed bf2 but I hate the bad company series, Bf3 looks nice though
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Gregorovich wrote:Wow... Just... Wow. I thought MW3 was going to look bad but this... Words cannot express how horrible it looks. Same graphics, same models, same animations, same sounds as MW2. Effectively a copy/paste job of a 2009 game. If you buy this, you're a fucking idiot.

BF3 on the other hand... Phwoar. I've loved BF since 2005 but this is on another level. World's second best developers working on the world's best game engine... This can only end in a GotY.
You needa chill a bit man! Did you play MW2 in it's entirety? Campaign and co-op? It's an awesomely good game, nothing wrong with changing up the setting and adding a first cool things in like swimming and all that.

BF3 looks cool but I dunno, CoD is better than some people act, it'll be a load of fun.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Tyler. wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:Wow... Just... Wow. I thought MW3 was going to look bad but this... Words cannot express how horrible it looks. Same graphics, same models, same animations, same sounds as MW2. Effectively a copy/paste job of a 2009 game. If you buy this, you're a fucking idiot.

You needa chill a bit man! Did you play MW2 in it's entirety? Campaign and co-op? It's an awesomely good game, nothing wrong with changing up the setting and adding a first cool things in like swimming and all that.

BF3 looks cool but I dunno, CoD is better than some people act, it'll be a load of fun.
I (unfortunately) have MW2 and have completed it twice. The storyline is bullshit- I could have devised a better plot. While I respect that the coop was fun (at least most of the time) the multiplayer was so badly done. Poor quality maps, no updates, 3 or 4 ridiculously overpowered weapons unlocked from the start, annoying killstreak exploits... tubers and hackers galore, not to mention how bad IWnet was. No, as far as I'm concerned, the real CoD ended with WaW (my favourite). Though I also enjoyed the BO campaign & zombie mode.

Guess I'm just a Battlefield guy... Dun-dun dun du-dun dun.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Not a fan of FPS shooters but I did quite enjoy Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. Looking forward to the new Elder Scrolls and the remastered Ico game. PS Vita looked okay but I'm not big on the portable gaming, I just fancy finding out how long the battery life is on one of those things.
[donate][/donate]
Billy41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Koen
Instrument 2: I wish bass

Post by Billy41 »

Gregorovich wrote: I (unfortunately) have MW2 and have completed it twice. The storyline is bullshit- I could have devised a better plot. While I respect that the coop was fun (at least most of the time) the multiplayer was so badly done. Poor quality maps, no updates, 3 or 4 ridiculously overpowered weapons unlocked from the start, annoying killstreak exploits... tubers and hackers galore, not to mention how bad IWnet was. No, as far as I'm concerned, the real CoD ended with WaW (my favourite). Though I also enjoyed the BO campaign & zombie mode.

I can't wait for the new CoD, its my main game. If WaW was you're favourite CoD then you're just not a CoD player. Wich is not a bad thing ofcourse.

I don't see why there has to be so much hate between MW3 and BF3. People who like fast-paced unrealistic FPS shooters can have there way with CoD. And people who like more realistic warfare can play BF3.

Buy the one you like (or neither of them) and stop complaining about the one you'll never want to play :)
All creds for the Still Waiting sig are for Jeremy!
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Billy41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote: I (unfortunately) have MW2 and have completed it twice. The storyline is bullshit- I could have devised a better plot. While I respect that the coop was fun (at least most of the time) the multiplayer was so badly done. Poor quality maps, no updates, 3 or 4 ridiculously overpowered weapons unlocked from the start, annoying killstreak exploits... tubers and hackers galore, not to mention how bad IWnet was. No, as far as I'm concerned, the real CoD ended with WaW (my favourite). Though I also enjoyed the BO campaign & zombie mode.

I can't wait for the new CoD, its my main game. If WaW was you're favourite CoD then you're just not a CoD player. Wich is not a bad thing ofcourse.

I don't see why there has to be so much hate between MW3 and BF3. People who like fast-paced unrealistic FPS shooters can have there way with CoD. And people who like more realistic warfare can play BF3.

Buy the one you like (or neither of them) and stop complaining about the one you'll never want to play :)
Did you WATCH the new CoD gameplay? I found it UNBEARABLE. I just turned it off. I actually lauged at how bad it looked. But don't let me put you off Cod. If you want £40 yearly expansion packs, that's none of my business. I just think I'll spend my time & money more productively.
fuck this signature nonsense
Druska
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Druska »

it looks really good
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

I so stopped playing games when I bought a guitar. To that moment I was so geeky, playing games many hours every day, those days are gone, once a week I start a ps3 and I play NHL or FIFA11 once a month I play something else.. But hell yeah when there is some awesome title I can go through it in a few days. I look forward for new Assassin's Creed of course, but other than that I don't know what to expect, but I'm watching what's happening around E3.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

We should play fifa 11 together sometime..
CIRCUITzach
Underclass Hero
First name: Zachary

Post by CIRCUITzach »

have they shown Guitar Hero : Jonas Brother, or Rock Band : Bieber Fever yet?
Druska
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Druska »

gejmik wrote:I so stopped playing games when I bought a guitar. To that moment I was so geeky, playing games many hours every day, those days are gone, once a week I start a ps3 and I play NHL or FIFA11 once a month I play something else.. But hell yeah when there is some awesome title I can go through it in a few days. I look forward for new Assassin's Creed of course, but other than that I don't know what to expect, but I'm watching what's happening around E3.
I've been playing videogames since I was 3, my dad has been playing videogames for over 30 years, guess that if i ever have kids we'll have a pretty weird family reuonion playing videogames