Green Day

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Green Day

Post by TomiT14 »

lol. Haven't even heard the new album, with the singles being exceptions, and there's already another one coming shortly. Way too fast imo.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm kind of excited. According to Rolling Stone the way Green Day is releasing these albums isn't that different from the old days, of course, this was when radio and albums were the only sources of music. Before everything became digital.
In 1964 alone, the Beatles put out two albums, three singles and two EPs in Britain; the next year, the Rolling Stones whipped out five singles and three LPs in the U.S.
I feel any longer than two years is just too long to wait for an album. I wouldn't mind if bands started going back to releasing an album a year or something like that.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

The final song from TRE!, The Forgotten, will appear on the next Twilight movie. Teh fuck. Oh well, don't wanna start a hate chain but I just wanna hear a new song.

Also, there will be a new song from DOS! released on Monday for Idiot Club members. Yus. I'm guessing it will be Fuck Time or Stray Heart.
fuck this signature nonsense
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

I don't mind Sum 41 going back at least to even releasing an album every two years and not every four-five years.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

I'd post the HQ soundcloud link but it's not available to people who aren't signed in to IC.
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Post by Noreason757 »

I love it, this is the song i've been waiting for the most since i heard the live version over a year ago. Favorite song released so far.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

This song is really good! I liked it a lot, much better start to a cd than having Oh Love as a single! Lets see what else Dos has to offer us!!!!
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

(READ THIS BY KEEPING IN MIND THAT I'M NOT A FAN OF GREEN DAY)

Sometimes it feels like they were drunk the entire time they were writing songs.
Just the feel i get from most of their songs.
Last edited by HugoDisasters on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

HugoDisasters wrote:(READ THIS BY KEEPING IN MIND THAT I'M NOT A FAN OF GREEN DAY)

Sometimes it feels like they were drunk the entire time they were writing songs.
Just the feel i get from most of their songs.
I think they were drunk when they recorded the Foxboro Hot Tubs album. That was a pretty cool album.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

MUSIC FROM GRAMMY® AWARD-WINNING BAND GREEN DAY’S ALBUM GREEN DAY ¡UNO! AND FORTHCOMING ALBUMS GREEN DAY ¡DOS! AND GREEN DAY ¡TRÉ! TO NARRATE DIALOGUE-FREE ACTION SEQUENCES ON “CSI: NY,” FRIDAY, OCT. 19

Music Includes Songs “Stop When The Red Lights Flash,” “Amy,” “Night Life,”"The Forgotten” and “Kill The DJ”

Music from Reprise Records’ Grammy® Award-winning band Green Day’s album Green Day ¡UNO!, and forthcoming albums Green Day ¡DOS! and Green Day ¡TRÉ!, will narrate dialogue-free action sequences, on CSI: NY, Friday, Oct. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The action takes place when the CSIs race to catch a shooter after Lindsay (Anna Belknap) is injured during the attempted murder of a political candidate (guest star Neal McDonough). The music includes songs “Stop When The Red Lights Flash,” “Amy,” “Night Life,” “The Forgotten” and “Kill The DJ.”

“My ultimate goal was to tell a story without dialogue, and Green Day's music and lyrics beautifully accompanied the visuals making it a very special episode,” said CSI: NY executive producer Pam Veasey, who wrote the episode.

“We were stoked when we found out CSI: NY wanted to use our music instead of dialogue to narrate the first few acts of the episode,” said the members of Green Day. “It’s the first time something like this has been done on the series, and we are blown away with what we’ve seen.”

CSI: NY airs Fridays (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Fuck. I really want the full version of Lazy Bones to come out. I've listened to that minute and a half preview like a dozen times..
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Man, we need more peeps on this thread. Check out this shit yo, it's totes wack!
So the singles from DOS! will be Stray Heart, Fuck Time and Stop When the Red Lights Flash. Damn, Lazy Bones is too awesome to pass up for a single.

Also, The Forgotten (last song from Tre) is coming out as a single from the *shiver* Twilight soundtrack on the 23rd October (same day Stray Heart is officially released I think). CANNOT WAIT.
jordidanen95
Bunkface
First name: jordi
Instrument 2: piano

Post by jordidanen95 »

uno was a huge let down for me, i mean i enjoy kill the dj,troublemaker and some others. but it's a bit boring like if they were lazy and ''had'' to write some new tunes...

from what i've heard so far,lazy bones,stray heart.. DOS is going to be amazing!
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Gregorovich wrote:Man, we need more peeps on this thread.
I'd be more inclined to post in here if they didn't just release a horribly lackluster album, but the stuff from Dos does sound promising so far!
Last edited by Tyler. on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

¡Uno! got old fast. I'll listen to a couple of tracks before getting bored. Plus, there's just other, better music out there that it makes it get old even faster. I mean, if I only knew and listened to 10 bands, then yeah, it'd probably be one of my favorite albums.

On a side note, when you hear "this broken scene, is turning green" in Rusty James, do you think it's an analogy or metaphor for how Green Day is really the only "relevant punk band" in 2012? I can't help but think that.

Oh, and do you think Billie got his "punx" tattoo touched up when he agreed for his band's music to appear on CSI and a Twilight soundtrack?

(First question was serious, second one I was just being mean)
Noreason757
Hooch

Post by Noreason757 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:On a side note, when you hear "this broken scene, is turning green" in Rusty James, do you think it's an analogy or metaphor for how Green Day is really the only "relevant punk band" in 2012? I can't help but think that.
Honest to god when i was listening to rusty james earlier today and heard that line i thought the same exact thing :2cool4u: :glad: :silly:
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

The show is on tonight. Which means all the songs (Stop When The Red Lights Flash, Amy, Night Life, and The Forgotten) will probably be up on the 'tube at some point tomorrow. Sounding good so far; I was hoping to hold off on The Forgotten, seeing as it's the final song from the trilogy, but it being on CSI now and released as a single in a few days has kinda ruined that.
Noreason757
Hooch

Post by Noreason757 »

Amy
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Holy Shit. (I don't think it's the full version; the middle is cut out)
Edit: Just joined GDA. The Idiot Club is dead.
Noreason757
Hooch

Post by Noreason757 »

stop when the red lights flash full studio version