Green Day

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
nizzyD
First name: andy
Re: Green Day

Post by nizzyD »

AWESOME AS FUCK is the shit. fuckin awesome.
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by UltraKolby »

I really like Green Day, no matte what style of music they, old or new. My favorite album is 'Warning' and my favorite songs are Basket Case, Holiday, and Minority.

I heard that they already have all the songs for the next album written, they just need to record them but there waiting for the right time to do that.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

UltraKolby wrote:I really like Green Day, no matte what style of music they, old or new. My favorite album is 'Warning' and my favorite songs are Basket Case, Holiday, and Minority.

I heard that they already have all the songs for the next album written, they just need to record them but there waiting for the right time to do that.
Yeah apparently they demoed like 18 songs while being on tour in support of 21CB.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Can't wait for a new album of them, it's sad that they are waiting though, I feel like they're just losing time
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil

Post by Emil »

I wish they would ditch all their touring musicans and just be the three of them.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

I don't listen to them a lot, but they are a great band, and seem really amazing live. My fave songs are probably Good Riddance (played at my HS grad), Waiting, and Restless Heart Syndrome
BennerKB6
First name: Kyle
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by BennerKB6 »

I actually hate Green Day. It's just my opinion though.
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby

Post by UltraKolby »

Hentaiman wrote:
UltraKolby wrote:I really like Green Day, no matte what style of music they, old or new. My favorite album is 'Warning' and my favorite songs are Basket Case, Holiday, and Minority.

Yeah apparently they demoed like 18 songs while being on tour in support of 21CB.
Nice!! I heard is was about 30 but yeah. The sad part is that the album will probably come out late next year :balling:
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Emil wrote:I wish they would ditch all their touring musicans and just be the three of them.
they need the touring musicians, without them billie can't entertain the crowd :suicide:
PyroAMYac
Bunkface
First name: Amy
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Guitar
Last.fm Username: Mckredie

Post by PyroAMYac »

Still Waiting wrote:
Emil wrote:I wish they would ditch all their touring musicans and just be the three of them.
they need the touring musicians, without them billie can't entertain the crowd :suicide:
What's wrong with tht touring musicians? They only contribute to the sound and just stand there looking pretty and don't say anything! Emil's right, it wouldn't be as good without all the crazy running around and ..err...weird things haha! An they wouldn't be able to play songs to their full glory wihtout an extra guitarist/pianist/other...They are ESSENTIALLY "just the three of them"... :2cool4u:

"I wish it was raining, 'cause I hate every beautiful day"
Zell1010
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy

Post by Zell1010 »

PyroAMYac wrote:
Still Waiting wrote:
What's wrong with tht touring musicians? They only contribute to the sound and just stand there looking pretty and don't say anything! Emil's right, it wouldn't be as good without all the crazy running around and ..err...weird things haha! An they wouldn't be able to play songs to their full glory wihtout an extra guitarist/pianist/other...They are ESSENTIALLY "just the three of them"... :2cool4u:
Well I wouldn't say they stand there looking pretty :silly: . But yeah, you're right. Without them, Billie Joe would not be able to be as good a frontman as he is now. Having seen them twice in the UK, I can safely say he's one of the best, if not the best, frontman of a band I've seen (and I've seen a lot of bands). They sound excellent live, even in stadiums (I was there at Wembley Stadium last year)

I'm sort of similar when it comes to listening to the records. I used to be really into them. However, the Sums have overtaken them in terms of my last.fm count.The 5 year wait between AI and 21CB was too long imo with all the touring they did. Sometimes when I've listened to 21CB I've been like "Drop the concept record stuff", but AI really is a masterpiece. I get annoyed when people say "new Green Day sucks, we want the old Green Day" or anything post Warning is awful without a coherent argument. People also fail to realise that people grow up (the same goes for Sum 41, but oddly not for Blink 182), so they aren't going to sing songs about masturbation anymore.

There aren't many bands I would put above them out there at the moment.
PyroAMYac
Bunkface

Post by PyroAMYac »

Zell1010 wrote:
PyroAMYac wrote:
Still Waiting wrote:
Well I wouldn't say they stand there looking pretty :silly: . But yeah, you're right. Without them, Billie Joe would not be able to be as good a frontman as he is now. Having seen them twice in the UK, I can safely say he's one of the best, if not the best, frontman of a band I've seen (and I've seen a lot of bands). They sound excellent live, even in stadiums (I was there at Wembley Stadium last year)

I'm sort of similar when it comes to listening to the records. I used to be really into them. However, the Sums have overtaken them in terms of my last.fm count.The 5 year wait between AI and 21CB was too long imo with all the touring they did. Sometimes when I've listened to 21CB I've been like "Drop the concept record stuff", but AI really is a masterpiece. I get annoyed when people say "new Green Day sucks, we want the old Green Day" or anything post Warning is awful without a coherent argument. People also fail to realise that people grow up (the same goes for Sum 41, but oddly not for Blink 182), so they aren't going to sing songs about masturbation anymore.

I'm pretty much agreeing with everything you're saying haha, American Idiot was the first album I ever bought, and it's good! People just want to sound cool, as if they're too good for bands that lots of people like, and are "mainstream". These people irritate me. 21CB is a little slow for me, but there's some really great stuff on there too.

I'm personally glad that they have slightly more mature lyrics lol, I don't mind singing along so much anymore :winkwink: that's a good point though about Blink, maybe we'll see a change when their New stuff is out, after a while to grow up away...?

And also YES, Green Day have put on the best show I've seen :mrgreen: Saw them in Sheffield Arena year and a bit ago, right near the front, GREAT. I'd like to mention King For A Day here too :silly:

Zell1010
Billy Spleen

Post by Zell1010 »

PyroAMYac wrote:
Zell1010 wrote:
PyroAMYac wrote:
Still Waiting wrote:

I'm pretty much agreeing with everything you're saying haha, American Idiot was the first album I ever bought, and it's good! People just want to sound cool, as if they're too good for bands that lots of people like, and are "mainstream". These people irritate me. 21CB is a little slow for me, but there's some really great stuff on there too.

I'm personally glad that they have slightly more mature lyrics lol, I don't mind singing along so much anymore :winkwink: that's a good point though about Blink, maybe we'll see a change when their New stuff is out, after a while to grow up away...?

And also YES, Green Day have put on the best show I've seen :mrgreen: Saw them in Sheffield Arena year and a bit ago, right near the front, GREAT. I'd like to mention King For A Day here too :silly:
Front row for the 2nd right at Birmingham. Got 2 of Mike's picks and got sprayed in the face with water by Billie Joe. I win :devious:
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

The last blink record was a mature album, they were supposed to go far with the next album (pre break up)... Sadly the band started to fall apart (and did)

How is Asthenia similar to Carousel?

Sorry, I am a massive blink fan :suicide:

On topic: Green Day is cool, looking forward to their new album. I also enjoyed the game Harmonix made for them.
Last edited by Raku on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PyroAMYac
Bunkface

Post by PyroAMYac »

Zell1010 wrote:Front row for the 2nd right at Birmingham. Got 2 of Mike's picks and got sprayed in the face with water by Billie Joe. I win :devious:
Yes, yes you do!

sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

Green Day sucks and they are raging douchebags who think they know how politics work in America when they are not even from the US, but they complain about stuff as if it were a burden to them. And for Americans to give them such attention and great reviews for American Idiot even though it was only 3 years after 9/11 and all it did was insult Americans, is completely disgraceful. Fuck America? NO, FUCK YOU GREENDAY!!!
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

sumfan4 wrote:Green Day sucks and they are raging douchebags who think they know how politics work in America when they are not even from the US, but they complain about stuff as if it were a burden to them. And for Americans to give them such attention and great reviews for American Idiot even though it was only 3 years after 9/11 and all it did was insult Americans, is completely disgraceful. Fuck America? NO, FUCK YOU GREENDAY!!!
hey redneck they're from california, last time I checked that state belonged to the US, or as you call it, america
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal

Post by fergal41 »

sumfan4 wrote:Green Day sucks and they are raging douchebags who think they know how politics work in America when they are not even from the US, but they complain about stuff as if it were a burden to them. And for Americans to give them such attention and great reviews for American Idiot even though it was only 3 years after 9/11 and all it did was insult Americans, is completely disgraceful. Fuck America? NO, FUCK YOU GREENDAY!!!
Good grief
Zell1010
Billy Spleen

Post by Zell1010 »

:shock:
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

*facepalm*