Eminem

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Eminem

Post by dbauer91 »

yo so apparently it's frowned upon to talk about em in regular old sums forums, so who else on here digs em? and i'm talking his old amazing shit like "kim," "who knew," and "just don't give a fuck." and even relapse. basically if you know more than lose yourself and all that shitty recovery garbage like "love the way you lie" and "no love."
slogan2
First name: Steve
Instrument 1: Drums

Re: Eminem

Post by slogan2 »

haha love old eminem and recovery too
but listening to songs like FACK is just awesome
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

let me start off by saying, I totally respect Eminem. I was about 12 when he was really gaining popularity and everyone in my grade 7 class "loved" him. I never really enjoyed his music, but i totally respect where he's coming from and he really did do something different at the time with his music. A lot of rap music sounds the same to me, but you know when you're listening to Eminem. 8 Mile is a great move, and I think that he is a person who deserves his fame.

i do however hate "love the way you lie", only because of rihanna. i hate that bitch, her voice, the way she looks and acts all make me puke a little in my mouth.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
JDM13
First name: Jack

Post by JDM13 »

older eminem material is way better than recovery. recovery songs just seem to have the same concept and bs on them. i like relapse more than recovery, he flows so much better
RileSum
Billy Spleen
First name: Riley
Instrument 2: Guitar Hero Guitar

Post by RileSum »

Eminem seems to think relapse was shitty, if you listen to the lyrics in some of the recovery songs he says it alot.
Doesn't matter though cause Swollen Members is where its at. :glad:
I want to fly, Can you take me far away, Give me a star to reach for, Tell me what it takes, And I’ll go so high, I’ll go so high, My feet won’t touch the ground, its my wings, That pull the strings, I bought these dreams, That all fall down
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

He's the only rapper I can tolerate.. his lyrics actuallly mean something and aren't about robbing banks/getting wasted/selling drugs/shooting gang members/ banging loads of women etc.
Last edited by Mitchell on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

I don't really listen to him but I do agree with Mitchell. He actually has lyrics that mean something. Like Mockingbird, that song is amazing.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

about Eminem,his old stuff is cool and recovery is bearable too,but fuck,why does he have to be so ''I need popularity'' ??Megan Fox in his video,Rihanna,Pink on his record ...he should try it with Miley and Britney on the next one...

blackhawk1105 wrote:He's the only rapper I can tolerate.. his lyrics actuallly mean something and aren't about robbing banks/getting wasted/selling drugs/shooting gang members/ banging loads of women etc.
2 Pac ...I find lyrics about his fucked up life interesting
Last edited by FuckT41182 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

I'm quite the fan. of pretty much all his stuff :S
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

I love the eminem show
DeryckW
Billy Spleen
Last.fm Username: DeryckW

Post by DeryckW »

Quite funny, yesterday I downloaded a few albums by Eminem. I think he is the only rapper that I really can listen too and really enjoy it.
Sometimes I can't help think that I have you right behind me all this time
If only you could have a chance to see
All the happiness you gave to me
dbauer91
Billy Spleen

Post by dbauer91 »

glad to see some other em fans:) but legit does anyone actually know his older (or relapse) non-singles like the ones i listed. cuz if you haven't already, check out the songs: "who knew," "kill you," and/or "criminal" (i guarantee you'll laugh your ass off at all of them). plus check out "rock bottom," "if i had," and "going through changes" (quite sad ones). and finally "kim" and "97 bonnie and clyde" to be just plain offended/terrified.
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

Yeah Eminem is awesome. He isn't all about ''Rappin' with my bitches with ma money yo whaddup chillin' guns cars bitches ho's''
I hate that kind of shit.

Shoot 50 cent for the 10th time please and now KILL the bastard.

Eminem ftw.
Last edited by Shelley41 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

everyone around here, well the kids around my age, love him. I'm pretty sure my best friend knows every single word to every song he's ever written. but its kind of annoying because they're all like "Eminem's the best!!!1!!!one" it just gets old.They all love Recovery.
I appreciate where he comes from and he has a lot of talent and I love some of his songs (Like Toy Soldiers is my favorite) but I'm not a huge fan because I don't like rap. like a few others said, he's the only one I can listen to and actually enjoy it. but some of his songs are just like.. whoa, that's pretty crazy. in a good way though.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

The Eminem Show was the first actual music CD I got when I was a kid and I got it for my 13th birthday. I played the shit out of that album for an entire year. It was basically the only thing I listened to. I really liked Soldier for how angry-sounding it was. Also, Business always reminds me of the 8th Grade.

As for his older stuff, I have yet to listen to them in more depth. I've probably gone through The Marshall Mathers LP only once and just a couple of songs off of The Slim Shady LP.

I really like the diss tracks though. Like the Diss Me, Diss You album and Straight from the Lab EP. Those are pretty cool/funny.
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

dbauer91 wrote:glad to see some other em fans:) but legit does anyone actually know his older (or relapse) non-singles like the ones i listed. cuz if you haven't already, check out the songs: "who knew," "kill you," and/or "criminal" (i guarantee you'll laugh your ass off at all of them). plus check out "rock bottom," "if i had," and "going through changes" (quite sad ones). and finally "kim" and "97 bonnie and clyde" to be just plain offended/terrified.
Criminal was hilarious.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Laxman 41
Billy Spleen

Post by Laxman 41 »

Yeah Eminem is one of my favorite rappers, I gotta say Rabbit Run is my favorite track. It has no chorus, which to me is pretty awesome, so it just keeps building up, you guys should check it out. I gotta agree I thought Relapse was terrible, all those "accents" just seemed so fake. Recovery is really good though, Not Afraid is such a great song along with untitled. Oh and one of my friends was saying how em's lyrics are garbage, even though he listens to country music, I found that to be pretty funny, just wanted to throw that in there.
"I've never told a lie, and that makes me a liar..."
dbauer91
Billy Spleen

Post by dbauer91 »

Jake! wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:glad to see some other em fans:) but legit does anyone actually know his older (or relapse) non-singles like the ones i listed. cuz if you haven't already, check out the songs: "who knew," "kill you," and/or "criminal" (i guarantee you'll laugh your ass off at all of them). plus check out "rock bottom," "if i had," and "going through changes" (quite sad ones). and finally "kim" and "97 bonnie and clyde" to be just plain offended/terrified.
Criminal was hilarious.
good to hear man! glad you liked it:) and check those other funny ones out too. and if you're a south park fan, the song "the kids" would be right up your ally (i don't even like south park, but i still laugh my ass off at it haha).
Jeremy Kill wrote:As for his older stuff, I have yet to listen to them in more depth. I've probably gone through The Marshall Mathers LP only once and just a couple of songs off of The Slim Shady LP.

I really like the diss tracks though. Like the Diss Me, Diss You album and Straight from the Lab EP. Those are pretty cool/funny.
YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE MARSHALL MATHERS LP AGAIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! it is the single greatest album i've ever heard and i know a shit ton of music. legit, that shit is genius, beats the eminem show by far and away. more provocative, more hilarious, and more intense by miles.
Pocket Monkey
First name: David
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Pocket Monkey »

He actually got me into music as a whole, i never listened to music much until i bought Encore, i've realized my taste belongs to Rock/Indie category but there will always be a spot in my taste for his music.I love all of his work up until Recovery, it just feels like he sold out every time i listen to it. Criminal is my favorite track from him along with Still Don't Give a Fuck and Rabbit Run(SO FUCKING EPIC!!)

Anyone here listen to D12?
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

Lol, me and my brother used to listen to him all the time when we were younger. The time when there still were cassette tapes and he had a D12 one I think and The Eminem Show too. I loved them all. Good soundtrack while playing Tekken anyway. So I don't mind listening to him every once in a while even now. His music videos were always entertaining as well.