Avril Lavigne

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Avril Lavigne

Post by lisaNL »

Well it's only a preview
but what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz20KVWTsR0

I kinda like it, it's better than girlfriend.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: New avril song

Post by FuckT41182 »

I think that Miley Cyrus is scared as hell
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

bahaha
this is bad. really really bad.
Max Martin produced this trash, the one who is responsible for Britney etc
I can see Deryck totally laughing his ass off after listening to this
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, this sucks. It sounds like Girlfriend actually, its gay and too poppy... I mean, at least in her old albums she tried to be a little bit of punk and rock or whatever, you know, at least songs like Complicated, Sk8er Boi and My Happy Ending had some guitar melodies to them, and some heavy guitar choruses and shit. This thing sounds like her latest album which where, IMO, she made a transition into another Britney or whatever (with the whole going blonde thing too), and this sounds just like Girlfriend.
On the other hand, she said that the first single is going to be the most poppy track off the album, so there could be some good stuff on this album, and I'm talking about the stuff Deryck produced for her album.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

I've criticized it enough on a different forum, lets just say I think its garbage
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I may be the only one that finds it decent, better than that Alice song. But I'll judge after I hear it all.
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

I've never really been a fan of Avril, though I used to like some of her older songs. So I'm going to have to agree with Heather.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

I don't really like this but i still respect her music for the fact that she writes it herself comapred to all the other "pop princesses".
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

sucks MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJOR butt.

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Emil wrote:I don't really like this but i still respect her music for the fact that she writes it herself comapred to all the other "pop princesses".
The funny thing is that she barely writes her own music.. this is the first album where she wrote a few songs herself.. the rest was written by or with someone else..
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

It's so awfully mainstream that... it sucks :suicide:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Based on that snippet, I wouldn't give it a complete trash rating. That's only one part of the song, and the only thing that peeves me is the poppy beat to it. I don't mind her vocals, which is THE reason I didn't like Girlfriend and etc.

I'd say the rest of the album has a lot of potential if this is the most 'poppy' track.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

do. not. like
Heather

Post by Heather »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Emil wrote:I don't really like this but i still respect her music for the fact that she writes it herself comapred to all the other "pop princesses".
The funny thing is that she barely writes her own music.. this is the first album where she wrote a few songs herself.. the rest was written by or with someone else..
she produced two on this album herself, and she wrote NoBody's home purely on her own, she has mostly co-written though, especially music wise....I think she is more involved with the vocals judging from studio documentaries and such. She and Evan usually collaborate 50/50 and I think they produced 2 or so songs on this album. I'd say the music on D's tracks is 100% him with her lyrics. The ones produced by Butch Walker will be his music plus half lyrics done by him. in my opinion
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

fenderrocks wrote:I've criticized it enough on a different forum, lets just say I think its garbage
Copy + Paste please. I wan't to see this. :2cool4u:
Heather

Post by Heather »

Nic wrote:
fenderrocks wrote:I've criticized it enough on a different forum, lets just say I think its garbage
Copy + Paste please. I wan't to see this. :2cool4u:
haha...but in all fairness these are out of frustration...she has the talent to do better than this

1. sounds like shit, girlfriend part II almost sounds like aaron carter. The title doesn't really go with the music, like the meaning is watered down due to the popness

2. they wouldn't even know the edge of a razor if it cut em (referring to people on Bandaids calling it edgy)

3. its really like she has ultimately coped out. they lyrics don't really make sense. baby baby is just kinda thrown in there, she has on autotuned, when she doesn't need it, we all know she can sing. The very very first part of the song sounds ok the " an woooa I'm thinking what the hell" sounds a bit sk8erboi-ish...the rest is just garbage...even as a radio song she can do MUCH better than that crap. The instruments are even crap, the drums are watered-down and there is some syth thing in the background that could have been done with a guitar

4. thats one major thing I've never liked about uber-pop the lyrics are so generic and boring.

5. (replying to another post) if thats the case I would have hoped she could have come up with something more impressive than "If you love me, if you hate me. you can save me, babybaby" I've written songs about "personal freedom" before with a lot better words than that. That is the point I was trying to make with my post, being that this is her "pop" song, I believe she could have done better. She could have said fuck off Deryck I want to be free in a better way than that chorus....imo
guess I've been listening to Butch and KT Tunsall's creative lyrics too much
and yes, the song is super catchy, just failed lyrically wise for me, but thats a radio hit for ya. I want her to do something progressive as an artist, that song isn't it, looking forward to hearing the more mature material

6. so basically I just don't like the song as of the 30sec clip....and once I make my mind up about a song thats usually how it stays

and on Evan's site

1. WTH is right, crap crap crap song...hope the rest is a million times better, cause that is pure shit to be blunt
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Well, I don't like it, but I think it's up for a radio succes. Of course it will, it's a song by Avril Lavigne and it's called "What The Hell"... Which is ideal for like 13-year old girls that want to act like a rebel or whatsoever.

Like mentioned before, there's a lack of attitude to be called "What The Hell".
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

At this rate of maturity regression, I wonder what kind of music she will be making when she is 35...
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Tell me, can anyone hear ONE real instrument in this? I mean seriously, this is a joke. It sounds like one of the worst tracks from the last album only with an even more extreme pop make-over, in fact it's the exact same beat as Girlfriend and that was bad enough. Everything but those over-the-top vocals is just a big blur of nothing, which does pay tribute to the fact that she seems to be turning into a self-involved pop bitch like pretty much all of the manufactured singer/songwriter stars male or female this world has seen.
But I'm sure this will still sell like hot cakes, because there are always more than enough stupid teenage girls who want to be just like that and they are the most profitable ones for the industry anyway - see Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, etc.

The upside is that there is also still more than enough good music buried in that huge pile of shit and it is continuously getting easier to spot the true musicians inbetween all the fame-craving so called "pop-artists". It also makes me appreciate the good stuff much more than I expected.

Edit: The title is perfect though, because that's exactly what I was thinking when I listened to this song, haha.
Last edited by Simon on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Heather

Post by Heather »

btw guys if you want to hear her really sing, check out stuff from the 04-05 tour

amazing vocals
killer guitar solo in this one