Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Jan 2010 Dave interview (YourMediaPass)

Post by Heather »

http://www.yourmediapass.ca/davebaksh-interview.html

There are a number of stereotypes associated with rock guitarists - everything from sex, drugs, and rebellion. But that is just the opposite of what Dave Baksh, former Sum 41 lead guitarist, is. Dave Baksh

Who is Dave Baksh? Well, for starters he is a family man who absolutely adores his cats. The Ajax rocker has worked closely with relatives on projects and it is clear, he is still smitten with his wife, Jennifer Baksh, after all these years.

At the height of Sum 41’s career in 2006, Baksh announced he would be leaving the band for personal reasons. Since his departure he has been back home in Durham working on a slew of new projects.

One of the projects he quickly found himself engrossed in was “Brown Brigade” – a band Baksh used to freely express his creativity. Their sound fused reggae and heavy metal music together, a sound entirely different from Sum. For nearly two years he honed lead vocals for the group.

By 2008, he joined fellow Brown Brigade member, Chuck Coles, in another project: Organ Thieves.

“I basically had met up with Chuck a long time ago back in the scene when he used to play with Lucky Number Seven. But I started playing reggae at this club called the China Doll,” he remembers. “Chuck and I just started hanging out. We started talking on the phone and I asked him if he wanted to play in Brown Brigade because he is an incredible player. I think that he is a little bit of punk rock in his song writing ability. He was someone who could really help in Brown Brigade.”

But it didn’t take long for Baksh to realize that Coles wanted more – something musically and lyrically different.

“Once we started jamming I could tell that he was kind of tired of being – I guess you could say – of being a subordinate. You have a songwriter in your band and he is not able to write the kind of material that’s in his heart. So, he basically started Organ Thieves. And I basically waited for almost a year – well, about a summer – waiting for him to be like ‘yo Dave, you want to join Organ Thieves?’” laughs Baksh. “Eventually he said ‘yo Dave, you got to come down and do some stuff for the Organ Thieves.’”

Since then, Baksh has submersed himself with the Thieves. He began producing for the band – recording their EP God’s Favourite Sons. He says things have been going great and they are currently working on their first full-length studio album with longtime Sum 41 collaborator and Treble Charger frontman, Greig Nori.

“Working with Greig Nori is killer,” says Baksh. “Everybody that we’re involved with now has taken our inspiration to a new level.”
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Re: Jan 2010 Dave interview (YourMediaPass)

Post by Mitchell »

It still surprises me that Dave is working with Greig Nori.. especially after what we heard about Greig Nori
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

blackhawk1105 wrote:It still surprises me that Dave is working with Greig Nori.. especially after what we heard about Greig Nori
that's what i thought too.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

*Incredibly selfish statement coming up*

Someone should ask him so TNS has something to juicy to chew on until Screaming Bloody Murder drops.
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:It still surprises me that Dave is working with Greig Nori.. especially after what we heard about Greig Nori
my thoughts exactly
BrandonCorey
Ma Poubelle

Post by BrandonCorey »

Gutter Dreams wrote:
What did we find out? I must've missed that during the period I left.
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

BrandonCorey wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:
What did we find out? I must've missed that during the period I left.
someone on TNS (i forget who you are, i'm sorry!) was fortunate enough to meet Sum 41 recently, and interviewed Deryck a bit. one of the questions was "what happened between you guys and Nori," and Deryck's response was "He betrayed us and stole a lot of money from us."
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I guess Deryck would be more pissed with Greig Nori because it was more Deryck's money than Dave's, haha. You know, since Deryck's the songwriter and earns virtually all the song royalties.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

And Dave wasn't in it for the money.. they all weren't but Dave was and still is the guy that has the biggest passion for music
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

BrandonCorey wrote:What did we find out? I must've missed that during the period I left.
http://theresnosolution.com/forum/viewt ... =4&t=13096
sprinks41 wrote:someone on TNS (i forget who you are, i'm sorry!)
:sosad:
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:And Dave wasn't in it for the money.. they all weren't but Dave was and still is the guy that has the biggest passion for music
they used to be in it because they were allowed to visit strip clubs and destroy hotels ...now they are in it because they don't have to shower or shave and they can be drunk every day
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge