Call of Duty: Black Ops

Talk about anything related to games here: video games, board games, games passed down from your great great grandpa's dad, or any other type of game.

Moderators: Janet, Gutter Dreams

Rocket41
Billy Spleen
First name: Taylor

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Post by Rocket41 »

Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:
Rocket41 wrote:
Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:beacuse Infinity Ward make perfect games...

you do realise Treyarch aren't the ones to hate here, it's Activision.
MW2 is far from perfect
exactly, MW2 has been fuckin awful in places, yet they can't be arsed to do anything with half the problems.
Because they're a bunch of fat, lazy bastards. I have more faith in Treyarch than IW.

Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Alligator Blood. wrote:
My Life For Hire wrote:I really, really, really wish that Treyarch would go away. There's no reason to keep switching with every title, Activision and Infinity Ward just poop all over Treyarch, their games simply can't compare.
Any hardcore cod fan should be REALLY happy with Treyarch being involved. I'd much rather see a game every year than have to play the same game for two straight years.

Playing COD4 for two straight years would get you nowhere. The multiplayer just wasn't in depth enough. Same with WAW. Both of them had significant limitations that a lot of hardcore COD gamers would have completed in a 2 year span. Notice how many people reached prestige 10 by the time the next game in the franchise was released... how many gold weapon prestige 10's you saw...

MW2 probably could last a bit longer than just one full year. It has a lot of depth to it. However, I feel like, if that were to happen, IW would have to significantly fix the game. IW may shit on Treyarch from a developmental standpoint, or at least from an originality in development standpoint, but Treyarch constantly tried to fix problems in WAW. They consistently put out patches to fix problems in the game.

What has IW done to fix MW2? I can still get in the rock in Fuel. I can still tube people 25 times and get a nuke from it. I can still lunge 300 feet to kill someone with a knife. IW has consistently ignored complaints, whereas Treyarch always paid attention.

Plus, Black Ops looks sick. I don't care what your bias says... a new game is a new opportunity to win over people. IW showed in MW2 that they weren't committed to the players. Treyarch listened to the complaints and has, as far as we know, implemented things to fix the problems in MW2.

For example, removing stopping power, as well as deathstreaks. The perk system is balanced much better, as far as we know. Commando has been removed as well. The customization has excited me quite a bit. Plus, I did just fine at WAW. I think that the main issue with WAW is that people were bad... when you're bad at a game, you probably wont have a huge amount of fun with it. The guns might not have been completely balanced, but the set up in MW2 is just as imbalanced. The UMP is amazing, while the Vector blows bad. The Scar and ACR completely rape just about anyone, and have zero recoil. The M21 is hardly a sniper rifle considering how little the recoil is.

Don't complain about Black Ops until you actually have a reason to complain. MW2 was great until all of the problems were uncovered. Look at the care package glitches and shit. xbox's Mw2 was hacked in like a day.

ANYWAYS; that was way too lengthy.
amen.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Anybody seen the new Zombies gameplay? You fight office worker zombies in the pentagon as JFK, Nixon, Fidel Castro & Robert MacNamara! It really takes the piss out of all of them lol.

Makes me wanna play it more and more!
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

I watched a few videos of the gameplay yesterday, there's constantly more & more videos being put online.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

the zombie mode looks pretty fucking good!
I'm really excited for those wager matches.. one in the chamber is going to be really awesome!
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

blackhawk1105 wrote:the zombie mode looks pretty fucking good!
I'm really excited for those wager matches.. one in the chamber is going to be really awesome!
sorry I didn't join your match last night, my internet was really bad so I went offline for a bit!
Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco
First name: David
Instrument 1: Geetar
Instrument 2: Vocalization

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

Alligator Blood. wrote:
My Life For Hire wrote:I really, really, really wish that Treyarch would go away. There's no reason to keep switching with every title, Activision and Infinity Ward just poop all over Treyarch, their games simply can't compare.
Any hardcore cod fan should be REALLY happy with Treyarch being involved. I'd much rather see a game every year than have to play the same game for two straight years.

Playing COD4 for two straight years would get you nowhere. The multiplayer just wasn't in depth enough. Same with WAW. Both of them had significant limitations that a lot of hardcore COD gamers would have completed in a 2 year span. Notice how many people reached prestige 10 by the time the next game in the franchise was released... how many gold weapon prestige 10's you saw...

MW2 probably could last a bit longer than just one full year. It has a lot of depth to it. However, I feel like, if that were to happen, IW would have to significantly fix the game. IW may shit on Treyarch from a developmental standpoint, or at least from an originality in development standpoint, but Treyarch constantly tried to fix problems in WAW. They consistently put out patches to fix problems in the game.

What has IW done to fix MW2? I can still get in the rock in Fuel. I can still tube people 25 times and get a nuke from it. I can still lunge 300 feet to kill someone with a knife. IW has consistently ignored complaints, whereas Treyarch always paid attention.

Plus, Black Ops looks sick. I don't care what your bias says... a new game is a new opportunity to win over people. IW showed in MW2 that they weren't committed to the players. Treyarch listened to the complaints and has, as far as we know, implemented things to fix the problems in MW2.

For example, removing stopping power, as well as deathstreaks. The perk system is balanced much better, as far as we know. Commando has been removed as well. The customization has excited me quite a bit. Plus, I did just fine at WAW. I think that the main issue with WAW is that people were bad... when you're bad at a game, you probably wont have a huge amount of fun with it. The guns might not have been completely balanced, but the set up in MW2 is just as imbalanced. The UMP is amazing, while the Vector blows bad. The Scar and ACR completely rape just about anyone, and have zero recoil. The M21 is hardly a sniper rifle considering how little the recoil is.

Don't complain about Black Ops until you actually have a reason to complain. MW2 was great until all of the problems were uncovered. Look at the care package glitches and shit. xbox's Mw2 was hacked in like a day.

ANYWAYS; that was way too lengthy.
amen.
I sorta agree with what your saying least black Ops will be a bit more realistic?
im not a hardcore gamer or that but people defo play these games waaaaaay 2 much Ive only ever presteiged once on both MW and MW2 cuz i dnt play it as much as everyone else.
You will always get hackers and glitches in the games no matter what and it is (like you said) up to the programmers to fix and listen to the complaints
The only reason i didnt like WoW was cuz it was boring WW2 again only fun part was you got to fight the Japs and the Zombies game
Rocket41
Billy Spleen

Post by Rocket41 »

Just one more week! I'm sooo stoked for it

Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

ive decided im not buying this when it comes out or even pre-ordering it
I dont see the point in queing up like 5 hours outside a shop just to buy a bloody game
il get it fro xmas probz
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

fuck if I'm queing up a midnight, I've got work the next day! I've just ordered it off Amazon.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Alligator Blood. wrote: What has IW done to fix MW2? I can still get in the rock in Fuel. I can still tube people 25 times and get a nuke from it. I can still lunge 300 feet to kill someone with a knife. IW has consistently ignored complaints, whereas Treyarch always paid attention.
you can lunge 300 feet? :holyshit:
Rocket41
Billy Spleen

Post by Rocket41 »

Haha I'll be in line all night on Monday baby!

Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:fuck if I'm queing up a midnight, I've got work the next day! I've just ordered it off Amazon.
a guy at my work took a whole week off just to play MW2
Rocket41
Billy Spleen

Post by Rocket41 »

A whole week? haha that's crazy

withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

Mr-David-Blues wrote:
I sorta agree with what your saying least black Ops will be a bit more realistic?
im not a hardcore gamer or that but people defo play these games waaaaaay 2 much Ive only ever presteiged once on both MW and MW2 cuz i dnt play it as much as everyone else.
You will always get hackers and glitches in the games no matter what and it is (like you said) up to the programmers to fix and listen to the complaints
The only reason i didnt like WoW was cuz it was boring WW2 again only fun part was you got to fight the Japs and the Zombies game
Although I think that modern warfare > world war II, in regards to the guns and shit, I think WAW was refreshing for me, because unlike probably a lot of other people, I had never really been a hardcore war gamer, so I had never really played with all of those World War 2 era weapons. I really gained an interest in that war from playing WAW, and even with some of the faults the game had, I would have been completely okay with another WW2 game, and I would have probably purchased the same Hardened edition of the game that I have now purchased.

Honestly, I think WAW may have been a better game than MW2. It's really close to impossible to get all that bored with it. I mean, you always have something to have fun with... especially if you purchased map packs. I don't regret shelling out 30 dollars on map packs for that game, because it was worth it for me. The multiplayer was essentially the COD4 multiplayer, so you basically were playing a WW2 version of COD4... and there was still the same campaign, but you also had the coop mode that COD4 really lacked, as well as the Zombies. Honestly, zombies is a game within the game. It really makes you feel like the game is worth 60 or 80 dollars, or whatever the amount is that you plan on spending on the game. I think MW2 would have been considered a much better game than it was if it had a game mode comparable to zombies. That game mode is extremely addicting, and I don't care what anyone says, it is 100x better than Left 4 Dead. I know Treyarch won't disappoint me, because even if I get sick of multiplayer sometimes, with the numerous glitches it probably will have at the start... I can always play zombies until the multiplayer is fixed.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

and the thing is, Treyarch will fix the glitches.
Mr-David-Blues wrote:
Bobby Skumfuk James wrote:fuck if I'm queing up a midnight, I've got work the next day! I've just ordered it off Amazon.
a guy at my work took a whole week off just to play MW2
that's ridiculous! I've got far better things to waste my holiday from work on!
Rocket41
Billy Spleen

Post by Rocket41 »

Alligator Blood. wrote:
Mr-David-Blues wrote:
Although I think that modern warfare > world war II, in regards to the guns and shit, I think WAW was refreshing for me, because unlike probably a lot of other people, I had never really been a hardcore war gamer, so I had never really played with all of those World War 2 era weapons. I really gained an interest in that war from playing WAW, and even with some of the faults the game had, I would have been completely okay with another WW2 game, and I would have probably purchased the same Hardened edition of the game that I have now purchased.

Honestly, I think WAW may have been a better game than MW2. It's really close to impossible to get all that bored with it. I mean, you always have something to have fun with... especially if you purchased map packs. I don't regret shelling out 30 dollars on map packs for that game, because it was worth it for me. The multiplayer was essentially the COD4 multiplayer, so you basically were playing a WW2 version of COD4... and there was still the same campaign, but you also had the coop mode that COD4 really lacked, as well as the Zombies. Honestly, zombies is a game within the game. It really makes you feel like the game is worth 60 or 80 dollars, or whatever the amount is that you plan on spending on the game. I think MW2 would have been considered a much better game than it was if it had a game mode comparable to zombies. That game mode is extremely addicting, and I don't care what anyone says, it is 100x better than Left 4 Dead. I know Treyarch won't disappoint me, because even if I get sick of multiplayer sometimes, with the numerous glitches it probably will have at the start... I can always play zombies until the multiplayer is fixed.
Because Treyarch actually cares about their fans. I honestly feel like IW went into the development of MW2 with the feeling that whatever they make would sell millions and millions of copies.

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

blackhawk1105 wrote:the zombie mode looks pretty fucking good!
sorry I didn't join your match last night, my internet was really bad so I went offline for a bit!
We should start a party with all the tns members owning a PS3 once Black Ops comes out
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

man people abuse some games too much, especially considering how much they play it. people are constantly bitching about MW2 then they have hundreds of hours gameplay on it. if you think it's so shit then dont play it
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

The campaign for this game > Every other CoD campaign.
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.