A Day to Remember new album

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

A Day to Remember new album

Post by Hentaiman »

So, apprently ADTR have finished recording their fourth studio album on July 23, 2010, so now all that is left is mixing and mastering. According to the Victory Records merchandise catalog the new album will be released on October 26, 2010, which is awesome!
To think that their last album Homesick was only released in 2009 (though it was very early 2009 but still), and now we get another album before the end of 2010 and all of that when the band haven't stopped touring this whole time and somehow managed to record the album during the summer and that is when they had their headlining North American tour.

Anyway, no name for the album, but a new ADTR album - 26.10.10 - discuss!!
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter
Re: A Day to Remember new album

Post by Peterr »

I want a Homesick V2. I know you can't touch stuff that golden, but anything that sounds like it would be amazing.
BCR1299
First name: Jay

Post by BCR1299 »

yea im excited Homesick and the one before it were great albums. I looked up other stuff about this album and found nothing.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Every A Day To Remember album is awesome, I hope this one doesn't disappoint. Is there a song or demo from it floating about anywhere?
[donate][/donate]
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

Great news. There is a lot of band out today that play a pop punk/hardcore mix, but A Day to Remember is my favourite. They have 3 albums, all of them are pretty good, so I think/hope it won't be disappointing.
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

Just Peter wrote:I want a Homesick V2. I know you can't touch stuff that golden, but anything that sounds like it would be amazing.
You probably will get Homesick V2. It will be full of the ADTR generic style, and full of gang vocal breakdowns (dumbest idea for a breakdown). This band really is the headline band of the "breakdown" band genre for the most part, and will showcase that until they are off of Victory.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Childish Gambino
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jordan

Post by Childish Gambino »

Hentaiman wrote:So, apprently ADTR have finished recording their fourth studio album on July 23, 2010, so now all that is left is mixing and mastering. According to the Victory Records merchandise catalog the new album will be released on October 26, 2010, which is awesome!
To think that their last album Homesick was only released in 2009 (though it was very early 2009 but still), and now we get another album before the end of 2010 and all of that when the band haven't stopped touring this whole time and somehow managed to record the album during the summer and that is when they had their headlining North American tour.

Anyway, no name for the album, but a new ADTR album - 26.10.10 - discuss!!
HOLY FUCK, A NEW ADTR ALBUM ON MY BIRTHDAY?!?!? THAT'S FUCKING AMAZING, SO FUCKING PUMPED!
Silent in the trees.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

According to reactions from all of you I really should check out this band ...don't ya think ?
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Childish Gambino
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jordan

Post by Childish Gambino »

FuckT41182 wrote:According to reactions from all of you I really should check out this band ...don't ya think ?
Absolutely, Homesick is one of my favorite albums of all time.
Silent in the trees.
withchappedlips

I'm just waiting for them to get off Victory...

Fans of this band have zero reason to dislike Attack Attack! or Asking Alexandria, and should probably listen to Close Your Eyes, because they sound like ADTR quite a bit. Or just listen to Veara, because they are ADTR without the heavy.

[donate][/donate]
soft-punker
Bunkface

Post by soft-punker »

Doctor Babe. wrote:I'm just waiting for them to get off Victory...

Fans of this band have zero reason to dislike Attack Attack! or Asking Alexandria, and should probably listen to Close Your Eyes, because they sound like ADTR quite a bit. Or just listen to Veara, because they are ADTR without the heavy.
I'm a fan of ADtR but I hate Attack! Attack!. They are one of the bands that ruin emocore. 90% of their fans are girls, and they don't know what real emocore is. Asking Alexandria is the same, except for that they are a little better. I hate when people tag those two bands as post-hardcore or screamo... Close Your Eyes is pretty good. I'll check Veara out.

withchappedlips

soft-punker wrote:

I'm a fan of ADtR but I hate Attack! Attack!. They are one of the bands that ruin emocore. 90% of their fans are girls, and they don't know what real emocore is. Asking Alexandria is the same, except for that they are a little better. I hate when people tag those two bands as post-hardcore or screamo... Close Your Eyes is pretty good. I'll check Veara out.
I am not saying that either of those bands are that good, but I am saying that ADTR fans should not bash those bands, because ADTR is basically the same as them, especially on Homesick. ADTR and AA! have very similar song structures, and the main difference is vocalists and the type of vocals (ADTR has a cleaner sound than AA!)... as well as Attack Attack!'s first album being quite electronic based, while ADTR really isn't. ADTR is kind of the big band in the generic breakdown band style, and Attack Attack! is quickly developing a fanbase that is near the same level as ADTR. All I am trying to say is that Attack Attack! and Asking Alexandria, although they have significant differences from a band like ADTR (not as clean, more synthy), have the same genericore sound to them, and really shouldn't be bashed at all by fans of ADTR.

That's my view on them at least. I enjoy all of those bands, and if you checked my last.fm you can see that I have at least AA! and ADTR in my top 15 bands overall...

As far as Veara goes, they are a fun little pop punk band, and they were on tour with ADTR recently. They are getting a lot of rep within the hardcore scene (much like Saosin did back in the day) because they have hardcore fan friendly music, although they are quite poppy as a full band. They have, I believe, a couple of short gang vocal breakdowns, but I am unsure if I am correct about it.

Close Your Eyes is actually pretty fantastic, imo. I don't listen to them nearly enough. That was my username for a while. All I know is that late 2010 is going to be awesome in regards to music.

[donate][/donate]
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

oh kyle your last post is almost as long as my dick ...okey so I checked this band named A Day To Remember ...I am listening to Homesick for second time now and I like it ...actually,already the first song was fucking cool :)

PS:I just started to listen to For Those Who Have Heart(I like it again ! )
PS 2:Who's the girl singing in the song If It Means A Lot To You ???

btw : I don't know if it's even possible to use these words "actually,already" the way I wrote them ...hope you'll understand :P
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
soft-punker
Bunkface

Post by soft-punker »

FuckT41182 wrote:oh kyle your last post is almost as long as my dick ...okey so I checked this band named A Day To Remember ...I am listening to Homesick for second time now and I like it ...actually,already the first song was fucking cool :)

PS:I just started to listen to For Those Who Have Heart(I like it again ! )
PS 2:Who's the girl singing in the song If It Means A Lot To You ???

btw : I don't know if it's even possible to use these words "actually,already" the way I wrote them ...hope you'll understand :P
I'm happy you like them.

The girl in If It Means a Lot to You is Sierra Kusterbeck from VersaEmerge (some say they're a copy of Paramore, I don't know).
Last edited by soft-punker on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boni
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Boni »

I love Attack Attack! and Asking Alexandria
soft-punker wrote:

How can Attack Attack! ruin emocore when they don't fucking play emocore they are more metalcore with dance
[donate][/donate]
withchappedlips

soft-punker wrote: Metalcore? HAHAHA!
If you have heard their new album, it had a lot of metalcore to it. When people talk of "emocore", I think of music like early Taking Back Sunday, even though I highly disagree that emocore really is much of a genre... the majority of buzz around websites like AP.net compared Attack Attack!'s new sound (when Renob, Nevada + Smokahontas were posted) to bands like For The Fallen Dreams and Misery Signals. People went far enough to say it was reminiscent to a band like A Plea For Purging or Emmure, although they might be a bit lengthy to sound like that. I would say that Attack Attack! easily dived into the metalcore sound on their self titled record.

I enjoy ADTR, by the way, if anyone is questioning me on that. I think Homesick is a good record, I just think that the other record is better.

[donate][/donate]
withchappedlips

soft-punker wrote: I'm happy you like them.

The girl in If It Means a Lot to You is Sierra Kusterbeck from VersaEmerge (some say they're a copy of Paramore, I don't know).
I view VersaEmerge as a band that has had so much potential, with the voice that Sierra has, as well as the crazy good looks she has (from a marketing standpoint)... and they are probably capitalizing on the latter of the two right now, but the album they just released has been viewed as a major let down, at least as far as I have read. I thought they killed it on the Punk Goes Classic Rock album. They covered "Paint It Black", and rocked it.

[donate][/donate]
Boni
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Boni »

soft-punker, I deleted you post thinking it was a double post, I'm sorry about that. Glad Kyle recovered it though.
Doctor Babe. wrote:I enjoy ADTR, by the way, if anyone is questioning me on that. I think Homesick is a good record, I just think that the other record is better.
It is a shame that we seem to be the only people on TNS that think that.
[donate][/donate]
withchappedlips

Boni Boy Blue wrote:soft-punker, I deleted you post thinking it was a double post, I'm sorry about that. Glad Kyle recovered it though.
Doctor Babe. wrote:I enjoy ADTR, by the way, if anyone is questioning me on that. I think Homesick is a good record, I just think that the other record is better.
I seriously think that this band will release the best music they could ever write once they are off Victory.

[donate][/donate]
soft-punker
Bunkface

Post by soft-punker »

Doctor Babe. wrote:
soft-punker wrote: Metalcore? HAHAHA!
If you have heard their new album, it had a lot of metalcore to it. When people talk of "emocore", I think of music like early Taking Back Sunday, even though I highly disagree that emocore really is much of a genre... the majority of buzz around websites like AP.net compared Attack Attack!'s new sound (when Renob, Nevada + Smokahontas were posted) to bands like For The Fallen Dreams and Misery Signals. People went far enough to say it was reminiscent to a band like A Plea For Purging or Emmure, although they might be a bit lengthy to sound like that. I would say that Attack Attack! easily dived into the metalcore sound on their self titled record.

I enjoy ADTR, by the way, if anyone is questioning me on that. I think Homesick is a good record, I just think that the other record is better.
Well, everyone have a different opinion about what metalcore is. I personally think bands like As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, As Blood Runs Black, etc. are real metalcore. I consider Attack! Attack! as emocore or trancecore.

Taking Back Sunday is just emo. Emocore is something like Funeral for a Friend, Silverstein, Rites of Spring, Undereoath (They're Only Chasing Safety), etc. If emocore is not a genre, please tell me what music do these bands play?
Boni Boy Blue wrote:soft-punker, I deleted you post thinking it was a double post, I'm sorry about that. Glad Kyle recovered it though.
It's okay.

I also think that Homesick is not as good as their earlier albums. I still really like it, though.