HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Some Say...

Post by HugoDisasters »

Some say, What's that song about for real?
Yes im asking what the song is about, And i think someone should know.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Re: Some Say...

Post by fergal41 »

Didn't Whibbo say it was about growing up and your parents thinking they know what's best for you? Or something along those lines
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

"This next song is about your very, very confused parents"
marcus10
Bunkface
First name: Marcus

Post by marcus10 »

sumfan4 wrote:"This next song is about your very, very confused parents"
+1
silverdolphin
Hooch
First name: Zee
Instrument 2: Keyboard
Instrument 3: Bass

Post by silverdolphin »

sumfan4 wrote:"This next song is about your very, very confused parents"
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

I've never seen how the lyrics fit that description, but alright.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

The interpretation I get is whats basically been said, growing up and becoming your own person, realizing the reality of the world and accepting the responsibility of your choices "and if I fall, I'll take it all". I always felt "its so easy after all" was used sarcastically, since when you're young you think you're always right and you can do anything. I think it also points out the world's uncontrollable, corrupt aspects and the reality of it all only hits in the bridge where it changes from "you must be dreaming" to "I must be dreaming" its like being an outsider then becoming a part of the "Some".

There are a few Sum41 songs I've really thought about conceptually, and thats one of them, so I could keep going, but I think you get the just of it..lol
Winton89
Hooch
First name: Conor
360 Gamer Tag: Winton89
PSN ID: DYNAmonkeys
Instrument 1: Your Mom
Instrument 2: My 360 controller

Post by Winton89 »

I always thought it was about peer pressure. I can't remember where I got that from, either it was me reading it somewhere or deciding that after really listening to the song.
Still Waiting wrote:final countdown is one of the best songs eva written
Wait! I can haz a twitter 0_o
http://twitter.com/Conorcopia

AND a facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/ConorDavidThompson
CHARLEY <3
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

its like a son/daughter to parent song i think. parent is worried about the kid going into the real world, but the kid explains that he or she will face troubles but will face them on their own and learn from them, blah blah blah

you dont seem to realize, i can do this on my own, and if i fall, ill take it all, its so easy after all
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

fenderrocks wrote:The interpretation I get is whats basically been said, growing up and becoming your own person, realizing the reality of the world and accepting the responsibility of your choices "and if I fall, I'll take it all". I always felt "its so easy after all" was used sarcastically, since when you're young you think you're always right and you can do anything. I think it also points out the world's uncontrollable, corrupt aspects and the reality of it all only hits in the bridge where it changes from "you must be dreaming" to "I must be dreaming" its like being an outsider then becoming a part of the "Some".

There are a few Sum41 songs I've really thought about conceptually, and thats one of them, so I could keep going, but I think you get the just of it..lol
You summed it up really, yeah i get the song now.
It's weird how much i like it when i dont really have an idea of what it is about.
Now i like it even more, cause i can relate to it.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, Heather's explanation is really good. I never looked at the last line of the chorus to be sarcastic before, but now that I do, the song makes a lot more sense!
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

fenderrocks wrote:The interpretation I get is whats basically been said, growing up and becoming your own person, realizing the reality of the world and accepting the responsibility of your choices "and if I fall, I'll take it all". I always felt "its so easy after all" was used sarcastically, since when you're young you think you're always right and you can do anything. I think it also points out the world's uncontrollable, corrupt aspects and the reality of it all only hits in the bridge where it changes from "you must be dreaming" to "I must be dreaming" its like being an outsider then becoming a part of the "Some".

If you look at it the first verse looks like a neutral view shared by the parents and their offspring perhaps meant to be shared by the world, the worlds view. the second looks like the parents view, encouraging their kids to try their hardest or things wont pan out and the last verse, what i get from it is its the kids view after he "met reality" of sorts. Being as they were so pumped for going out into the world and taking it head on, being a mature grown person and they see "wow, this isn't how i thought it would be".

or it could be my hangover.