Yellowcard

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Sickore
Billy Spleen
First name: Justyna
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: FiFty_B
Twitter: j_sickore

Re: Yellowcard

Post by Sickore »

I like the whole album from the first listening. All songs have something catchy. I think I even prefer this record than When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes. If I have to chose my favourite track, i'd say Always Summer, but I like it as a whole.

Edit: Telescope is a song with a history for me. it reminds me of someone, it's a special one :winkwink:
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

'Surface Of The Sun' and 'Ten' are already on my top 5 yellowcard songs list, amazing songs
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

I like this album ! Surface Of The Sun, A Vicious Kind, Telescope and Here I Am Alive are my favorites !
silverdolphin
Hooch
First name: Zee
Instrument 2: Keyboard
Instrument 3: Bass

Post by silverdolphin »

'Surface of The Sun' & 'Sleep in the Snow' are my favorites (besides the songs previously released). Why do you guys think the end of 'Ten' was cut off? That ruined the song for me.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Such a good album. All "comebacks" need to be as good as Yellowcards, their last 2 albums have been fucking brilliant! I've fallen in love all over again.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

I still haven't listened to the album, I downloaded it but haven't had any desire to listen too it.
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Post by Noreason757 »

there new stuff is pretty good, i liked when your done thinking, say yes a lot. but my all time favorite song has been and will always be Ocean Avenue.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

This is my favourite YC song, ridiculously good
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Noreason757 wrote:there new stuff is pretty good, i liked when your done thinking, say yes a lot. but my all time favorite song has been and will always be Ocean Avenue.
Nothing will beat that song, or album in fact. Perfect.
Faeyaner
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Faeyaner »

In case someone hasn't heared of it... Yellowcard, who are like the Sums signed to Hopeless as well, anounced to break up and will therefore go on a last "world" tour (with like 20 dates and 15 of them being in the UK and down under).

However, since they stocked up the capacity of one of the two shows in Germany I'm thinking of attending it. Who know's, next time to see them might be in 10-15 years.
have a try and test your knowledge:
http://www.allthetests.com/quiz33/quiz/ ... um-41-test
D. wrote:Actually I don’t think playing the guitar means that you can like fuckin' wank off really fast. That’s fuckin' easy. That’s technical, anyone can fuckin' do that.
It’s like sounding really nice, having a good feel, that’s all about the guitar.
That’s what I care about. I’d rather be a better strummer than fuckin' jizz all over the fuckin' fretboard...
The Jester
First name: Rick
Post by The Jester »

So the album's been out since yesterday, and it leaked a few days before. What do you guys think? I feel it's very cohesive and very solid and got some very nice parts, but it rarely kicks into the highest gear or speed. Savior's Robes is fucking cool though
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I went through the new album twice, I like to give at least "2 listens" chance for every new album I want to hear... but I couldn't stand it, it was horrible.
It's just a big, boring, long, long, loooooong goodbye, just tiring and painful. I was never fond of the band, liked 1 or 2 songs here and there, I actually liked Southern Air, after that Lift a Sail was a big disappointment for me (I liked only the album title song and Transmission Home). But this? There's not a single sound that I could say a like a bit... Okay, that's not true. Actually "I'm a Wrecking Ball" is fine, the only one that can stand itself and I keep it, all the other songs are terrible, melodramatic. I don't know, maybe real fans can drop some tears, but for me it was just bad.
I didn't like their previous album, but rather they should have quit and lift a sail then, not go and rest in piece with this... (yeah, I did that)
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Same here... I love Paper Walls, Southern Air and Lift A Sail. This one... nope, doesn't do it for me. There are couple of songs I enjoy like Leave A Light On and Empty Streets but that's about it. It seems like the hardcore fans like it so I'm happy for those guys, that's what counts!