New Song?

Like writing songs? Post your lyrics, poems, or whatever here!
ThanksForNothing
First name: Anthony
PSN ID: edgeimpact1
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Hardcore Vocals

New Song?

Post by ThanksForNothing »

Hey guys,ive been wanting to write a new song, but i cant think of anything, would anyone like to suggest something?
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: New Song?

Post by UltraKolby »

Write about your girlfriend or the government, those are probably the best topic I can think of right now
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

about sum 41's new album that has been pushed back a thousand times
Last edited by Shelley41 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

write about your dick ...Blink 182 got really famous with it
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

UltraKolby wrote:Write about your girlfriend or the government, those are probably the best topic I can think of right now
lol "or the government"
It isn't a good idea for a 16 year old to write politically fueled songs. I have rarely seen a 16 year old that knows what they are talking about when discussing political issues, especially the government. When you are 16, you write about things that pertain to you. This kid can't even vote yet (if they live in the USA), but yet he's writing songs about his government? I don't recommend it.

I suggest writing a song reflecting on yourself, or your friends. Write about a good time in your life, or a sad time in your life. I write a lot of my lyrics about how pathetic I think I am. I write a lot of songs about how unattractive I feel, or about x failing relationship I've had. Those topics are pretty cliche at this point due to the amount of songs written with the same negative idea, but that's what the majority of my lyrics spawn from.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
ThanksForNothing

i got an idea;) expect a new song
Kano
King of Contradiction
First name: Kane
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Kano »

when i write.. before i even start the song (this is just me personally)
i have a theme/title so for instance....
i could start with the song title.... Faking Death
and i create a song around that title.. and alot of the time when i finish i even change the title.
this is just one way.. i use many methods.. but when i have a blank i usually start with this
also.. when making a song.. dont listen to any music during or before the writing (i dont write if ive listened to music in the last hour) cause then i base songs around other songs subconsciously.
and ive noticed with alot of your songs. you have (this part goes to the verse of enter sandman)
which is a really bad habbit.
again this is just how i do it personally its different for everyone. but i hope it helps :)

Bad To The Cone
J-Pan Is My noob
http://www.myspace.com/patofplan
ThanksForNothing

Kano wrote:when i write.. before i even start the song (this is just me personally)
i have a theme/title so for instance....
i could start with the song title.... Faking Death
and i create a song around that title.. and alot of the time when i finish i even change the title.
this is just one way.. i use many methods.. but when i have a blank i usually start with this
also.. when making a song.. dont listen to any music during or before the writing (i dont write if ive listened to music in the last hour) cause then i base songs around other songs subconsciously.
and ive noticed with alot of your songs. you have (this part goes to the verse of enter sandman)
which is a really bad habbit.
again this is just how i do it personally its different for everyone. but i hope it helps :)
Ya it has man, thanks alot
UltraKolby
Hooch

Post by UltraKolby »

Kyle! wrote:
UltraKolby wrote:Write about your girlfriend or the government, those are probably the best topic I can think of right now
lol "or the government"
It isn't a good idea for a 16 year old to write politically fueled songs. I have rarely seen a 16 year old that knows what they are talking about when discussing political issues, especially the government. When you are 16, you write about things that pertain to you. This kid can't even vote yet (if they live in the USA), but yet he's writing songs about his government? I don't recommend it.

I suggest writing a song reflecting on yourself, or your friends. Write about a good time in your life, or a sad time in your life. I write a lot of my lyrics about how pathetic I think I am. I write a lot of songs about how unattractive I feel, or about x failing relationship I've had. Those topics are pretty cliche at this point due to the amount of songs written with the same negative idea, but that's what the majority of my lyrics spawn from.
I kinda get what you said about 16 year old writing politically fueled songs but i still think its a good topic to write about. They can write what the government means to them or what it have done to them.
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

UltraKolby wrote:
Kyle! wrote:
lol "or the government"

I kinda get what you said about 16 year old writing politically fueled songs but i still think its a good topic to write about. They can write what the government means to them or what it have done to them.
Could you tell me exactly what the government could have done to a 16 year old kid? I'm curious, because I had no idea it could do much of anything to them personally.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
shadowred3
First name: jonah

Post by shadowred3 »

Shelley41 wrote:about sum 41's new album that has been pushed back a thousand times
this could be intresting lol
Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco
First name: David
Instrument 1: Geetar
Instrument 2: Vocalization

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

shadowred3 wrote:
Shelley41 wrote:about sum 41's new album that has been pushed back a thousand times
the album hasnt been pushed back none of the Sums has ever given a date when it will be brought out they have always said late summer/fall so stop bashing them
UltraKolby
Hooch

Post by UltraKolby »

Kyle! wrote:
UltraKolby wrote:
Kyle! wrote:
lol "or the government"

Could you tell me exactly what the government could have done to a 16 year old kid? I'm curious, because I had no idea it could do much of anything to them personally.
Okay, you got me there but the government could hurt the 16 year old's family and then it can affect the 16 year old.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

i've got one.
the government spent billions upon billions of dollars bailing out the most wealthy bankers in the world, when they do nothing to help out the billions of middle to lower class familys who lost jobs, etc. i'd say that would somehow affect a 16 year old.

unfortunately, a song like that has been written already :The Economy is Suffering (Let it Die) by Anti-Flag.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

Kyle! wrote: I suggest writing a song reflecting on yourself, or your friends. Write about a good time in your life, or a sad time in your life. I write a lot of my lyrics about how pathetic I think I am. I write a lot of songs about how unattractive I feel, or about x failing relationship I've had. Those topics are pretty cliche at this point due to the amount of songs written with the same negative idea, but that's what the majority of my lyrics spawn from.

That's mainly what I write about too. I write about friends, growing older, growing apart from people, girlfriends, boyfriends, depression, life in general. Anything I am feeling at the time I'm writing a song usually makes its way onto paper. I really like writing songs, it helps me get feelings out when nobody is around to hear them.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

What? You understand you can write a song about anything. Honestly, just look around you, pick out something and scratch out a little tune about it.
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

Mr-David-Blues wrote:
shadowred3 wrote:
the album hasnt been pushed back none of the Sums has ever given a date when it will be brought out they have always said late summer/fall so stop bashing them
You are actually right.
But it felt that way though

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
soft-punker
Bunkface
First name: Zoli
Last.fm Username: rocknrollazz

Post by soft-punker »

Shelley41 wrote:
Mr-David-Blues wrote:
shadowred3 wrote:
You are actually right.
But it felt that way though
Yeah, they said fall. In 2009.
[Last.fm]________RateYourMusic

"If looks could really kill, then my profression would be staring..."
ThanksForNothing

I think i'm gonna start something war based
turtlehobopirate
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Minna
Instrument 1: Acoustic Guitar

Post by turtlehobopirate »

Write about TNS. For example, we all come to this site to socialize with people we don't even know and we more or less get along. I'm sure you can pull it off.

Wikipedian Protester

http://xkcd.com/
http://explosm.net/
My masters are Reem and Aaron and they are awesome. My awesome n00b is Gutter Dreams. Don't mess with them.