Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: Blink 182 New Album Thread

Post by Emil »

CUNT wrote:I'm seeing them at Reading, so I'm not directly giving them my money. I'm pretending my money is going on Weezer, Limp Bizkit & Gaslight Anthem.
Don't forget All Time Low!!111!
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

no thanks. one Blink 182 is enough for me
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Blink 182 still rock ...33 sec
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

and btw . I hate everyone who keeps saying that Blink 182 got back together for money ...fans want them to play live so they could see them ...what are Blink 182 supposed to say ?? "Sorry fans we won't play for you because we don't want to make any money" ...and even now they are working on the album and motherfuckers are still complaining about everything ...let's say Sum 41 are dickheads cause they play live a lot and that means that they make money ...why should we pay someone who works on album around 3 years and doing concerts instead of making an album ?
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Madjid wrote:So they're doing another tour this year as well?
Why would people give out money to see these sellouts?
oh my god there's something going wrong in your head
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

FuckT41182 wrote:and btw . I hate everyone who keeps saying that Blink 182 got back together for money ...fans want them to play live so they could see them ...what are Blink 182 supposed to say ?? "Sorry fans we won't play for you because we don't want to make any money" ...and even now they are working on the album and motherfuckers are still complaining about everything ...let's say Sum 41 are dickheads cause they play live a lot and that means that they make money ...why should we pay someone who works on album around 3 years and doing concerts instead of making an album ?
You keep surprising me. Sum 41 has been together the whole time and at least there we see some progress, i love that they did a reunion tour, but they also promised us a record early this year, and we haven't even seen a new song yet. And they have been releasing tons of new merch aswell. And by the way, calling people on an internet forum motherfuckers doesn't make people think you're cool.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Emil wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:and btw . I hate everyone who keeps saying that Blink 182 got back together for money ...fans want them to play live so they could see them ...what are Blink 182 supposed to say ?? "Sorry fans we won't play for you because we don't want to make any money" ...and even now they are working on the album and motherfuckers are still complaining about everything ...let's say Sum 41 are dickheads cause they play live a lot and that means that they make money ...why should we pay someone who works on album around 3 years and doing concerts instead of making an album ?
You keep surprising me. Sum 41 has been together the whole time and at least there we see some progress, i love that they did a reunion tour, but they also promised us a record early this year, and we haven't even seen a new song yet. And they have been releasing tons of new merch aswell. And by the way, calling people on an internet forum motherfuckers doesn't make people think you're cool.
I don't give a fuck what people think ...I just believe that Blink 182 didn't do it for money ...and they promised ???only Mark said that cause as everyone know he was fucking excited about Blink 182 reunion ...I haven't seen him that happy since they broke up ...Tom was always saying that he loves AVA and that he will finish the album with AVA then TOUR with AVA and so ...everyone who's smarter than Paris Hilton would realise that it will take them much more time ...Mark is way too excited and everyone should realize that ...now we know that Blink 182 are in studio,then they will go on the tour and then they will lock themsleves in studio till the album's done just like they did on the last one ...
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Out of all the Blink members, I would've thought Mark would be the most enthusiastic. At least enough to get a song going for the summer tour last year. I mean, they were going to play one, weren't they? But then they decided not to. I don't care if they did it for love or money as long as a new Blink album eventually comes out.

I just that about Mark because he was apparently really hurt when Tom did Box Car Racer as if Mark couldn't find anything to do besides Blink-182, unlike Tom and Travis. At least, that's how I looked at it at the time.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

SHAWTY WANT A BLINK ALBUM

SMILEYS ON THE BLINK ALBUM
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

FuckT41182 wrote:
imil wrote:
I don't give a fuck what people think ...I just believe that Blink 182 didn't do it for money ...and they promised ???only Mark said that cause as everyone know he was fucking excited about Blink 182 reunion ...I haven't seen him that happy since they broke up ...Tom was always saying that he loves AVA and that he will finish the album with AVA then TOUR with AVA and so ...everyone who's smarter than Paris Hilton would realise that it will take them much more time ...Mark is way too excited and everyone should realize that ...now we know that Blink 182 are in studio,then they will go on the tour and then they will lock themsleves in studio till the album's done just like they did on the last one ...
but, if Tom is still so focused on AVA and basically putting them first, why bother with Blink?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm just thinking that the longer they take, they may end up hating each other again, haha.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

CUNT wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
imil wrote:
but, if Tom is still so focused on AVA and basically putting them first, why bother with Blink?
I don't know ...He said that he loves both of the bands ...in some of interviews Tom said that it was his biggest mistake to leave Blink ...
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I'm just thinking that the longer they take, they may end up hating each other again, haha.
that really wouldn't surprise me, especially if Mark is putting Blink first but Tom is putting AVA first, that will put a real strain on their relationship. I don't think Travis cares that much the situation, he's always been getting involved in other projects whilst in Blink, it's just the way he is. he's not really needed for writing the album, I mean he went out on tour with The Transplants whilst Blink were writing the last album (I think, I can't remember now!)
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Well, I suppose this European tour coming up will be a good thing for the band. It pretty much forces them to do something Blink-related, haha. I suppose too that it's only fair they do a European tour this summer because last year they did North America.

I've been reading up on what Mark and Tom have been up to and it looks like things are finally coming together. The AVA "Love" film is pretty much done (even though it sounds like it's been "done" since February 2009) and Mark is getting this TV show on the go.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

Mark has a TV show?! I really don't follow Blink that much these days!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Re: Blink 182 Something Big

Post by FuckT41182 »

FuckT41182 wrote:and now Mark's going to have his own fucking TV show where he will talk with famous musicians or with some new bands that tries to get some credit ...
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, pretty soon. If you're really bored at work, you can read this blog he made last week.
HiMyNameIsMark wrote:This Is What’s Up
June 22nd, 2010

Lots going on in the world of blink-182 lately. There’ve been announcements, side projects, tours, tv shows, etc. I think some people are confused as to what’s really happening, and I wanted to take a second to set it all straight and put rumors and hearsay to rest.

So here it is: blink-182 is full steam ahead!!

In June and July we will be at the rehearsal spot, getting ready for the European tour this summer, and writing new songs. When the European tour is finished, we head back and play ONE SHOW in Southern California. Then that is IT for live shows for the rest of 2010. Why? Because we’ll be in the studio recording the new blink-182 album. Until it is finished. I cannot be more clear on this: new blink-182 music is on the way. There was some confusion this week about a new track being premiered on KROQ here in LA. On a segment where the station was announcing our performance in their concert, they hinted to “be prepared for the premiere of a new song,” but they were referring to another band. Not blink-182. For us, the big announcement was the fact that we are playing that show and then recording our new album. I understand how people would be confused (and angry). Believe me, when we have new blink-182 music for you all, we will make it LOUD AND CLEAR. We’ll be screaming about it. You won’t be able to get away from us talking about it. And that moment is on the way. All of us have ideas from before and after the tour last summer, and are excited to get into the studio and see those ideas come to light. Simple as that.

Also, today at Radio City Music Hall was the press conference to announce the tv show I’m hosting for fuse. We’ve been putting it together quietly behind the scenes for the past couple of months, and are getting into full swing with it now. “A Different Spin with Mark Hoppus” will premiere in September, and is a weekly, hour-long, music based talk show. It’s going to be smart, funny, irreverent, and professional enough to be a great show, while being wheels-off enough to always be on the edge of completely falling apart. There’s really nothing like it out there right now, and I get to do whatever I want with bands that I love. From huge international stars to up-and-coming artists. It’s the next step from the himynameismark podcast and the column I write for spin magazine. I get a microphone, a set, a co-host, a tv crew, and the mandate to set out and bring you all kinds of musical awesomes. There will be in-studio interviews, live performances, backstage footage, etc. The amazing thing about this show is that there truly are no rules. If there are artists we like and ideas we think are cool, we’re going to put them on tv. And another great thing: this show is not going to interrupt or disrupt my commitment and dedication to the blink-182 recording in any way. Everyone in both the blink-182 and fuse families have been super cool and accommodating. The new blink-182 album and this tv show are my passions and priorities above all else this year. I’m definitely going to be exhausted and overworked, but between the two projects, I haven’t been this excited and motivated in a long time.

The future is very exciting and very near!! Thanks to all of you who have and continue to support blink-182 and everything we do. You are the best, and we’re doing all we can to make it well worth the wait. May the force be with you…
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

hopefully it won't be full of bands who want to be Blink 182.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

So help me God if his first guest is Pete Wentz.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

tom's only putting AVA first cos he had spent years working on all that stuff and he didn't want to just stop when blink started again. and cos the big AVA fans are pretty weird. they treat it like a religion or some shit. so they wouldnt want to wait. he kinda has to satisfy two fan bases at once.