Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Gibsum 41
Underclass Hero
AKA: Gib
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Re: Blink 182 Something Big

Post by Gibsum 41 »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
CUNT wrote:I don't even care for a new Blink album, it will be shit.
I have to agree with this man right here.
everyone can say the same thing about Sum 41 album ...god I I hate this shit ...you can only guess and that means nothing but shit ...
Not really. You can tell it's gonna be shit from the way they're going at it. They're not even into the same music anymore! They're taking ages to do it and prioritising touring over the album, which can only mean they've hit a wall or they're just in it for the money.

NoReason27 is my mastah.
Kano and Still Waiting are my official n00bs. Mess with them and before you know it you'll be working in Nickelodeon :twisted:
J-pan, xmarryxx and conspiracyof1000 are my grandn00bs and T. is my brothah
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

letlive. wrote:Whatever happened to the "dollar bill" tour, or whatever that was? Sigh, this band is sad.
Oh well, at least I can say I saw them when they were A) good, and B) touring with Jimmy Eat World & Green Day, rather than Panic! At The Disco and Fall Out Boy.
So you saw them on the Pop Disaster Tour? That's awesome for you.
stevie486
Billy Spleen
First name: Stevie
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by stevie486 »

the new album will come ppl, Blink are back as band !

there was article in latest Kerrang and a recent announcement from Mark Hoppus
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

haha Kyle believe me ...I listen to a loooot of music ...it makes 116 gigabytes ...I can write - Sum 41,Blink 182,Rise Against,Green Day,Bowling For Soup,Good Charlotte,Avenged Sevenfold,Three Days Grace,Hoobastank,Breaking Benjamin,Switchfoot,Credence Clearwater Revival,John Lennon,Metallica,Iron Maiden,Judas Priest,System of a Down,Vampire Weekend,The Offsping,The Red Jampsuit Apparatus,The Red Hot Chili Peppers,Yellowcard,Rivelardes,Something Corporate,Relient K,Simple Plan,Bowling For Soup,Angels and Airways,The Beatles,Boys Like Girls,Billy Talent,Gob,From Our Hands,Linkin Park,MxPx,New Found Glory,Anti Flag,Bad Religion,NoFX,Pennywise,Th Clash,The Cure,The Gaslight Anthem,Pink Floyd,Sex Pistosls,Bob Marley,Jon Lajoie,Eminem,ACDC,Radiohead,Queen,Oasis,Nirvana,Scorpions,Guns And Roses,Nickelback,Papa Roach... and mooore much fucking mooore ...and STILL BOXCAR RACER ROCKS ...

and Fraank Sinatra ! ... :winkwink:
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

Then your criterias for a perfect album are really low. Powerchord whoring with the occasional piano and acoustic guitar with serious lyrics doesn't make a record perfect.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Emil wrote:Then your criterias for a perfect album are really low. Powerchord whoring with the occasional piano and acoustic guitar with serious lyrics doesn't make a record perfect.
I find it perfect ...I Fell So,Watch the World,There Is,Letters to God ...I don't know ...my criteries are ok ...there is a lot of music that I call shit everyday and everywhere ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

FuckT41182 wrote:haha Kyle believe me ...I listen to a loooot of music ...it makes 116 gigabytes ...I can write - Sum 41,Blink 182,Rise Against,Green Day,Bowling For Soup,Good Charlotte,Avenged Sevenfold,Three Days Grace,Hoobastank,Breaking Benjamin,Switchfoot,Credence Clearwater Revival,John Lennon,Metallica,Iron Maiden,Judas Priest,System of a Down,Vampire Weekend,The Offsping,The Red Jampsuit Apparatus,The Red Hot Chili Peppers,Yellowcard,Rivelardes,Something Corporate,Relient K,Simple Plan,Bowling For Soup,Angels and Airways,The Beatles,Boys Like Girls,Billy Talent,Gob,From Our Hands,Linkin Park,MxPx,New Found Glory,Anti Flag,Bad Religion,NoFX,Pennywise,Th Clash,The Cure,The Gaslight Anthem,Pink Floyd,Sex Pistosls,Bob Marley,Jon Lajoie,Eminem,ACDC,Radiohead,Queen,Oasis,Nirvana,Scorpions,Guns And Roses,Nickelback,Papa Roach... and mooore much fucking mooore ...and STILL BOXCAR RACER ROCKS ...

and Fraank Sinatra ! ... :winkwink:
Dude, I understand. I was just trying to say that the BCR record really isn't nearly the "perfect" record. But, I understand where you come from. One of my favorite records to listen to is Anberlin's "Cities" record, and there is a lot of people who think that that isn't even the best record from Anberlin, let alone the "perfect" record.

I don't know what the perfect record would be for me. I just know that BCR isn't even on my iTunes at this point. I should probably re-add that album. It is easily my favorite non-blink record Tom has made. It actually might be the best record he has made, other than the Untitled blink record.
Emil wrote:
letlive. wrote:Whatever happened to the "dollar bill" tour, or whatever that was? Sigh, this band is sad.
Oh well, at least I can say I saw them when they were A) good, and B) touring with Jimmy Eat World & Green Day, rather than Panic! At The Disco and Fall Out Boy.
So you saw them on the Pop Disaster Tour? That's awesome for you.
Yeah, I did. Sadly, I hardly remember much of it.

I just think it's kind of shitty that they went off with this comeback tour, and tried to play it off like they were doing people a favor by giving out 20 dollar tickets. I understand that they could have sold a good deal of those 20 dollar tickets for more money, but I feel like they should be selling tickets much cheaper then they were sold for. They owe it to the fans who had to wait 5 years to hear them live again.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

When you need money to continue doing movies and shit you need to have high prices. Especially when the movie apparently is so shitty no one wants to sponsor it.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

how anyone can say Blink didn't get back together for the money is beyond me.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

omfg what is up with half of you

they all had plenty of money already, there was no use getting back together for money because it wouldn't have given them any benefit. they had enough money from blink before to last them the rest of their lives. along with their clothing lines and side projects. so no, it was not for the money.

also, the album is probably going to be pretty decent. the 2003 album has been in some of the most underrated lists of albums. it was actual very good. and i think this album will either be way better, or slightly worse lol. depending how much of AVA tom brings into blink. hopefully not too much and it'll be better.

and lastly, stop telling that guy that boxcar is shit and he needs to find better music. if he thinks that it's awesome then it is. there's no reason why someone could say a beatles record is better than a blink record, for example. it's ridiculous, there is no way you can say one album is better than another.
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

We never said that Box Car was shit, just that it wasn't a perfect record. And if blink didn't need the money how come they have released tons of new merch for people to buy, including those ridiculous toys, but no new music to actually promote? Up All Night would be released before the tour, then during the tour, then right after the tour. In the KROQ interview they did about a year ago they said they would have a new record out "early next year".
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

they release new merch because fans always want new merch. you get shitloads of people bitching about wanting new shirts and shit. plus they had the tour and there's always new merch with a tour. the thing with up all night is fucking annoying but it's mainly due to AVA, which in my opinion should stop at this point (for a while) i think they're also trying to make it so when something actually does come out we'll want it so bad that we'll think it's awesome.

and with the boxcar thing. if he thinks it's perfect, it is. you shouldn't say 'it's not'. i guess you can say you think it's not but yeah.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

they don't make as much money as you think they do. they get fuck all from album sales, the only real money they make is from touring & merchandise. they were earning fuck all in their new bands compared to Blink. they really don't have enough money to last them the rest of their lives, at least not with the lifestyle they had with Blink.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

they would have enough to last them their lives, especially considering enema was released back in 1999 or 2000 or whatever when the internet was used a lot less. shitloads of people would've bought everything blink back then. also with modlife tom makes plenty of money. do you see where they live? they have more than enough money to last them. that's why it was an easy choice for tom to stop blink when he did. he was fine without it.

and oh edit: i'm not trying to argue with you or anything, i'm just fairly sure they would have plenty of money. it's easy enough to tell.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher

Post by Bobbyjames »

and I'm fairly sure they wouldn't have enough money to last them, not with the big lavish houses and lifestyles anyway.

I just see it as this: they realised they wern't making as much money from their new projects as they were with Blink. they're not selling anywhere near the amount of records Blink did and they don't play the big shows like Blink did. they all knew how much money they could make by Blink reforming and thought "fuck it, why not?!" the fact that Tom is still fuckin about with that other gobshite band of his makes me believe that Blink isn't a full time commitment for him for the forseeable future. I'm sure at some point we will see some new material from them, we'll have to wait and see if it will be any good.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

Makes me wonder why Tom from Sum 41 doesn't just make Gob his side-project and focus more on Sum 41.

It's his real bread'n'butter to be honest.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

i think that they were all fine with what they were doing though. it definitely seemed like it. travis making his own album, transplants stuff, and working with every rnb and rapper under the sun. mark producing music, and tom doing AVA.

they were, and are, best friends remember. i know that if my friend nearly died in a plane crash after i was pissed at him, i'd definitely want to reconnect. i think they were always going to get back together, it's just the plane crash that pushed it, not money.

anyway, the announcement thing was bullshit lol.
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

Jake-41 wrote:Makes me wonder why Tom from Sum 41 doesn't just make Gob his side-project and focus more on Sum 41.

It's his real bread'n'butter to be honest.
That would be such a dick move. To quit a band because you can get more money from another band.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

CUNT wrote:and I'm fairly sure they wouldn't have enough money to last them, not with the big lavish houses and lifestyles anyway.

I just see it as this: they realised they wern't making as much money from their new projects as they were with Blink. they're not selling anywhere near the amount of records Blink did and they don't play the big shows like Blink did. they all knew how much money they could make by Blink reforming and thought "fuck it, why not?!" the fact that Tom is still fuckin about with that other gobshite band of his makes me believe that Blink isn't a full time commitment for him for the forseeable future. I'm sure at some point we will see some new material from them, we'll have to wait and see if it will be any good.
i dont see the big deal in that if we get an amazing blink album, which im sure we will whenever/once it comes out.

if i could do something liek this for loads of money, i sure as hell would lol.
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

I read some of the posts... here's my view on it all.

I did not say that they came back together for the money. I did not say anything like that. I feel like the only thing keeping them apart to begin with over the last 5 years is the aftermath of what turned into the hiatus. They got back together because they became friends again. When you're in a band with your best friends for so long, and then you get into a fight over stupid shit and break up and never talk to each other again, it would be tough to never think "oh, I kind of want to sing some of my old music again...".
I think they genuinely got back together because they wanted to play music together again.

My problem with the blink reunion has always been the fact that they are charging so much money for a ticket to see them. I understand that they charge that much because they CAN charge that much, and because they didn't get shitty (I use shitty as a term for small, not music quality) bands to open for them. They got Taking Back Sunday for part of the tour to open for them, and TBS was charging around 30 dollars for their recent tours (I think). They had Fall Out Boy, who was probably the biggest pop-punk band post-blink. They got so many decent sized bands, and so they couldn't really charge a low price for tickets.

The reason it upsets me is because the band charged all of this money for a ticket to see them, and acted like they were doing the fans a favor in all of this. If they charged half the price they charged for tickets, I'd be much happier with the idea. I don't see how they can leave for 5 years, break the hearts of so many kids who absolutely loved them, and come back acting like they can do that.. that's just my view on it. I just can't stand how much they charged for tickets after not playing music for so long.

As far as the Untitled record (2003 album) being underrated... I really don't think that is correct at all. "Feeling This" got pretty big... it was like a top 5 hit or something, I think. "I Miss You" ended up being like.. the bands top selling single ever... although, "All The Small Things" is probably the defining song for the band.
I think the record got some of the best reviews the band has received, and it definitely is known as a mature, and overall tougher record than the other albums they made. I think the way people perceive it is well deserved. It's hard to please everyone, and the people who might "underrate" it are probably the people who can't take how much the band changed beyween TOYPAJ and Untitled. Those are the type of fans who probably think Enema is the best record they have ever listened to, and that Cheshire Cat actually has more than 5 good songs.

If you read my posts, I pretty much said "BCR is a good band, and was a good album, but calling it the perfect album is a horrible thing to say". I loved BCR. I even said in this thread that it is the best album Tom has made other than the Untitled blink record. It had some great things on it. Some of the songs are just fantastic. It's just not a "perfect record". At the same time, it's tough to value something as "perfect". I think an album like, maybe, the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band could be viewed as a "perfect" album because of how groundbreaking it was at the time, but I don't believe that is even perfect. The guy just used poor word choice in his post, and I was the dick who commented on it.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]