Sum 41 Not On Main Stage for warped tour

All upcoming Sum 41 dates will be posted here. Post live reviews in here as well.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Re: Sum 41 Not On Main Stage for warped tour

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, sum 41 might be a big band and active for many years and stuff, but in stuff like warped tour the bands on the main stage are bands that are successful right now, which means that a band that is active for like 3 years and has one very successful album right now in the punk/alternative/indie/hardcore/whatever scene , could be on the main stage while the sums will be on one of the smaller stages cuz they aren't as successful right now and they haven't had anything new in a while.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Hentaiman wrote:Yeah, sum 41 might be a big band and active for many years and stuff, but in stuff like warped tour the bands on the main stage are bands that are successful right now, which means that a band that is active for like 3 years and has one very successful album right now in the punk/alternative/indie/hardcore/whatever scene , could be on the main stage while the sums will be on one of the smaller stages cuz they aren't as successful right now and they haven't had anything new in a while.
really ??? so then Warped Tour really sucks ... :suicide:
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:Yeah, sum 41 might be a big band and active for many years and stuff, but in stuff like warped tour the bands on the main stage are bands that are successful right now, which means that a band that is active for like 3 years and has one very successful album right now in the punk/alternative/indie/hardcore/whatever scene , could be on the main stage while the sums will be on one of the smaller stages cuz they aren't as successful right now and they haven't had anything new in a while.
Why? Because they put the band that most people like right now on the biggest stage? They can't put a really old band on the main stage because they may have some loyal fans. For instance when they did the tour in 2001 they started up on one of the smaller stage but got moved to the bigger stages because they became an overnight sucess with Fat Lip.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Emil wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Why? Because they put the band that most people like right now on the biggest stage? They can't put a really old band on the main stage because they may have some loyal fans. For instance when they did the tour in 2001 they started up on one of the smaller stage but got moved to the bigger stages because they became an overnight sucess with Fat Lip.
yeah exactly because of that ...because the fact that they have a successful album right now doesn't mean that more people will want to see them ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

That's the way Warped Tour works. If you're popular you get on the main stage. And Sum 41 isn't that hot right now among the general Warped Tour goer. It's been three years since their latest album and the warped tour isn't a punk tour anymore which means that they take whatever band most people like right now and put them on the main stage no matter how crappy they really are.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Just because Sum 41 don't play on the main stage that makes the Warped Tour suck? Where's your logic in that? Sum 41 are still playing aren't they? It just means you might have to walk to the other stage.
[donate][/donate]
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Just because Sum 41 don't play on the main stage that makes the Warped Tour suck? Where's your logic in that? Sum 41 are still playing aren't they? It just means you might have to walk to the other stage.
no I totally fuck if Sum 41 plays on main stage or not...and Warped Tour sucks because of how they choose the bands on the main stage ...the bands that are successful now will play on main stage ...I find it kind of gay ...just imagine that Blink 182 would say today "yeah we're gonna play on Warped Tour" and they put one of the biggest bands of pop-punk somewhere else than main stage just because their last album was out in 2003...but what do you think which band would have bigger crowd ...Blink 182 or We The Kings or Anti Flag or what the fuck else ..
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

That's because blink has maintained an enourmos fan-base over the years.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Not to mention Blink-182 just reunited last year and that in itself was a big deal. It's understandable that Sum 41 isn't on the main stage considering their last big hit was probably Pieces and that wasn't even as successful as Fat Lip.

I know when I was in high school all my friends were into that screamo shit. To them, Sum 41 was forgotten after Chuck.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

how bout this, at least they get to tour. who cares how big the stage it, they'll kill it either way
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

fenderrocks wrote:how bout this, at least they get to tour. who cares how big the stage it, they'll kill it either way
Not to mention they'll probably be playing new songs on Warped! That alone would be my reason to go!
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

And smaller shows are alway more fun.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, smaller shows really are more fun! I mean, It could be awesome to see them at Rock Am Ring for example, but to be crowded with thousands of people, barely seeing the stage and shit... its cool for the band, but not that cool if you're in the crowd and kinda far away from the stage. In smaller venues it feels cooler to be closer to the band and its more intimate and stuff.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I'm always glad that Sum 41 always choose to play the Glasgow Barrowlands instead of the O2 Academy or the SECC. In the Barrowlands it's all standing and it's amazing whatever band you go and see.
[donate][/donate]
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Hentaiman wrote:Yeah, smaller shows really are more fun! I mean, It could be awesome to see them at Rock Am Ring for example, but to be crowded with thousands of people, barely seeing the stage and shit... its cool for the band, but not that cool if you're in the crowd and kinda far away from the stage. In smaller venues it feels cooler to be closer to the band and its more intimate and stuff.
True. Big events are great to watch later or live on TV/YouTube, but the live experience is much more fun in small venues.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
41salute
Bunkface

Post by 41salute »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:I'm always glad that Sum 41 always choose to play the Glasgow Barrowlands instead of the O2 Academy or the SECC. In the Barrowlands it's all standing and it's amazing whatever band you go and see.
I've never understood why people like the Barrowlands so much (even Metallica said they played their best gig there). Carling Academy or the ABC is my favourite.

I remember I used to want the Warped Tour to come to the UK, but then it started getting shitty with BMTH and Brokencyde.
GonoszMano

Post by GonoszMano »

Well... Enter Shikari's on the same stage, too... So...
Got a no-string guitar, got a SUNN Beta head, I'm a rock and roll star,
I ain't no musician, some things are stranger than fishin'!
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

So how long will Sum 41's setlist be then? Hopefully not some 45 min bs...
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

kILLDR3n wrote:So how long will Sum 41's setlist be then? Hopefully not some 45 min bs...
Probably exactly that.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

Simon wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:So how long will Sum 41's setlist be then? Hopefully not some 45 min bs...
Probably exactly that.
shouldn't they have a good hour or more? damn the new blink tour was over an hour and a half. new i feel as if i shouldn't go a full day to only see them for 45 min because every other band there is terrible.