AKNF/UH style or DTLI?/Chuck style?

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Capoeirista666
Bunkface
First name: Bob
AKNF/UH style or DTLI?/Chuck style?

Post by Capoeirista666 »

Just wondering which style you prefered: the pop punk style they have in AKNF and UH or the more metal like style in DTLI? and Chuck. I personally like em both, even though i prefer the pop punk style a little.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: AKNF/UH style or DTLI?/Chuck style?

Post by FuckT41182 »

I prefer Sum 41 ...and where is Half hour of Power ??
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

Half Hour of Power goes with AKNF and UH, but you can't find much lives of them before AKNF, that's why i didn't include it
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

STOP!!!!!!!!!

please
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

Stop what? making this forum live? asking questions to which i would like answers?
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Capoeirista666 wrote:Stop what? making this forum live? asking questions to which i would like answers?
finally you got it ...my answer is YES...because you have too many questions...I think I didn't ask so much for my whole life...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Hard to say, but I might be leaning towards AKNF/UH.
My taste of music has evolved just like The Sums have, so currently the song Always is the style I like the most.
So darkness with some pop added to it. :silly:
PTswim41
Billy Spleen
First name: Dan

Post by PTswim41 »

sumfan4 wrote:STOP!!!!!!!!!

please

AMEN
peacock41
Hooch
First name: Ryan

Post by peacock41 »

its all good sum 41 always are even acoustic ... my fav albums in order ... DTLI - Aknf - UH - Chuck- HHOP .. i think lol
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Capoeirista666 wrote:Stop what? making this forum live? asking questions to which i would like answers?
finally you got it ...my answer is YES...because you have too many questions...I think I didn't ask so much for my whole life...
ok well i am gonna calm down, seeing i'm running out of questions, but doesn't mean i'll stop posting, i'll just post less
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

i love all their albums but i could listen to AKNF all day.

but lately ive been listening to alot of pop-core music like Four Year Strong, Set Your Goals, The Crosstown Rivalry, Story of The Year, so im really looking forward to the new heavy album by the sums
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

Mike wrote:i love all their albums but i could listen to AKNF all day.

but lately ive been listening to alot of pop-core music like Four Year Strong, Set Your Goals, The Crosstown Rivalry, Story of The Year, so im really looking forward to the new heavy album by the sums
yeah, but sometimes i wonder if it's really gonna be that hard, cos all we can hear in the studio updates is soft riffs, so maybe it won't be that heavy
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

I'm with Tom, I like a mix of the two, UH/AKNF are the ones I can listen to all the way through. but Chuck and DTLI have grown on me a lot. Its cool that they have a different style for each album, but it still sounds like Sum41, think thats big reason why I like them...variety
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

fenderrocks wrote:I'm with Tom, I like a mix of the two, UH/AKNF are the ones I can listen to all the way through. but Chuck and DTLI have grown on me a lot. Its cool that they have a different style for each album, but it still sounds like Sum41, think thats big reason why I like them...variety
yeah i hope they do tons of albums which never sound the same
peacock41
Hooch
First name: Ryan

Post by peacock41 »

they always keep the punky vocals i think .. some songs on chuck could be metallica or suming ... but the vocals make it not metal
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Mike wrote:i love all their albums but i could listen to AKNF all day.

I was just wondering earlier today that you haven't been around much lately.
I think this is the reason. :silly:
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Well, like almost everyone here I love all their albums, but the ones I prefer are UH and Chuck.
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

peacock41 wrote:they always keep the punky vocals i think .. some songs on chuck could be metallica or suming ... but the vocals make it not metal
Yeah, but then again, punk has so many different genres in it...
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Stupid classification if you ask me. Sometimes it's okay to see things black and white (metal or pop-punk) to get somewhere, but this question is so useless now and has been sucked dry years ago. Music is too dynamic for that to bring up anything interesting except that it is almost always in the grey area and depends on the mood of the listener. The thing this does show though, is that you seem to care way too much about this style bullshit, while you should care more about the music itself and what's behind it. This is my problem with so many Sum 41 fans (or even people in general), who always want everything to be what they think is important or fits their lifestyle the most and act like it is the musicians' obligation to satisfy their demands, instead of just appreciating the music.

And to everyone complaining about him posting too much: If you keep doing that by posting answers, you just give him more reason to post even more. If you think his questions/topics are not worth a discussion, then don't answer.
It's the moderators' job to stop him when he is overdoing it.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Capoeirista666
Bunkface

Post by Capoeirista666 »

Simon wrote:Stupid classification if you ask me. Sometimes it's okay to see things black and white (metal or pop-punk) to get somewhere, but this question is so useless now and has been sucked dry years ago. Music is too dynamic for that to bring up anything interesting except that it is almost always in the grey area and depends on the mood of the listener. The thing this does show though, is that you seem to care way too much about this style bullshit, while you should care more about the music itself and what's behind it. This is my problem with so many Sum 41 fans (or even people in general), who always want everything to be what they think is important or fits their lifestyle the most and act like it is the musicians' obligation to satisfy their demands, instead of just appreciating the music.

And to everyone complaining about him posting too much: If you keep doing that by posting answers, you just give him more reason to post even more. If you think his questions/topics are not worth a discussion, then don't answer.
It's the moderators' job to stop him when he is overdoing it.
First of all thanks for that last part. For the rest though, i'm not saying i care more about the style in the physical sense, just in the music style. I know it's not to the artist to create something people like but to people to like what he does, but you still can prefer one to another (some people like hearing clear different notes, when others like hearing a loud blur like nirvana does so well).