Song for Rwanda

Dr. Rocco and Dr. Dynamite: Cone's side project.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Song for Rwanda

Post by Heather »

Rwanda Rising Up Album And Doc Features Hot Hot Heat, Billy Talent, Operation MD, And More (Full Article)

For musician/producer Darcy Ataman, founder of Canadian Artists for African Aid Inc., a.k.a. “Song For Africa,” what began as his “little contribution to the world” is now an ongoing mission to raise awareness about humanitarian issues in Africa and make a definable difference in some of the most poverty-stricken areas of Kenya and Rwanda.

The album also features The Trews, Billy Talent, Classified, Choclair and Operation MD. The track listing is still to be determined.

Operation MD, featuring Cone McCaslin (Sum 41) and Todd Morse (H2O, Juliette Lewis & The Licks), is presently completing its track. “They are working around samples I gave them from a traditional Rwandan group I gave them — the Jean Basqueau band,” says Ataman.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Re: Song for Rwanda

Post by Hentaiman »

Nice! When is this album gonna be released? It'll be cool to hear new OpMD and Billy Talent songs, though I really want to hear the new OpMD album already!
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Re: Song for Rwanda

Post by Heather »

not sure when it comes out, since they don't even know the tracklist I guess it won't be for a few months