Whatever you want to talk about!
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Being a Vegetarian

Post by samueeL »

I thought this was a good subject to talk about and I wanna see what you guys think about eating meat.
Hopefully we get a nice discussion :)

So hi, my name is Samuel and I'm a vegetarian. I haven't ate meat in a year now.
I was a big fan of chicken & hamburger meat/mincemeat. But year ago I asked myself, is it necessary to eat meat?
My answer was no.

At first I dropped off red meat, it was pretty easy. Few months after that I dropped off chicken and fish. That was a bit difficult, but suddenly I didin't like taste of chicken anymore. After that it was easy!

Here are reasons why I'm a vegetarian:

1. Eating meat speeds up climate change

2. It's unnecessary chapter to feed animals with stuff that we could eat

3. I could never kill animals, so why could I eat them if someone else kills them to me? If I can't kill them, I shouldn't eat them

4. Why some animals get killed to be our food, but other animals are our biggest friends (dogs, cats etc..)

5. It's not necessary to eat meat to survive

6. Meat doesn't taste THAT good for me

7. I never noticed before being vegetarian how good vegetarian food is

Everyone makes their own choices and I appreciate everyones opinion about eating meat or not.

So now it's your turn, what do you think about all this?
Is it stupid to not eat meat?
Can one person really make a difference to climate change, when he stops eating meat?
Or is this whole thing just a joke to you?
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil

Re: Being a Vegetarian

Post by Emil »

You have some good reasons but i think it would do more to stop the climat change to not driving as much as we do. I don't care if people are vegetarians or not but i hate when people tell me to stop eating meat if they can't give me a reason except "that it's wrong".
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

In Africa, everyone's a Vegetarian, the rich countries that send us food, never send us meat, dammit!

No srsly, I'm not a vegetarian, but i do respect people that are committed to the vegetarian lifestyle, people that actually care enough that they stopped eating meat, not because it's bad for themselves, but because it's bad for the general population, or because it's causing climate change (the thing that won't affect us, but i'll affect generations after us), i may not agree with what they're doing, but at least i highly respect them for it (if this makes any sense at all haha).

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

I think i love you even more now =0
My name's Janet and I've been a vegetarian for 3 years, i blame my huge compassion against others.
I was a huge meat fan as well, and, uhh.. i was a fatty. I don't know why, but i was back then, it was hell. But i stopped eating meat and i got into normal weight, so that was a plus, besides the fact that i didn't support killing animals. I actually don't mind if it's done in order to survive, like Eskimos wear fur to keep warm, but when women in LA wear fur when it's hot outside and it's unnecessary then find it stupid. I'll eat meat when i'm starving, when i need it, like our ancestors did.
Of course no one took me serious for the first... year. It hurt me that my parents didn't support me and tried to break me in every step, because it's uncommon here. When i tell other's that i'm a vegetarian, they're all like "OMGGGG WTF, how are you still alive?!!!?!one!". Their ignorance makes me laugh :)
I think vegetarianism has affected me in lots of ways, i've started caring for my health more, and i'm glad i made that change when i was still young. I don't eat a lot of that crap i used to. I had migraine attacks almost every day, but now they barely come in once every 3-4 months, if that, don't even remember when i had the last one.
But of course animals played a big part in me switching to vegetarianism, i love them, i remember i used to rescue bees from drowning in a bowl, even though i had the chance of getting stung, haha.
I hate violence toward the one's who don't deserve it, i could never date a guy who is cruel against animals. I find it repulsive. That's my view.
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

Janet wrote: But of course animals played a big part in me switching to vegetarianism, i love them, i remember i used to rescue bees from drowning in a bowl, even though i had the chance of getting stung, haha.
I do that to almost any animal who is drowning in my backyard pool.
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

Janet wrote: They're ignorance makes me laugh :)
You mean....Their.

See? people who eat meat haz proper grammaz omg!

i love you mommy,i r just being sarkastik lol jk

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

Madjid wrote:
You mean....Their.

Haha, yeah. Well i guess if you do something different that not many people do you gonna meet a lot of igorance. But here it's so common that alomost nobody cares if you decide to be a vegetarian. One thing that annoys me though is those weird vegetarian that say they don't eat meat but they eat fish or chicken. Is there any difference between animals?
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

Emil wrote:One thing that annoys me though is those weird vegetarian that say they don't eat meat but they eat fish or chicken. Is there any difference between animals?
I think we all agree that Pedo Bear MUST go down.

OWNED
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Janet, wow! I couldn't love you more at this point! wow! You're awesome!

When I first started to drop off meat, I didn't get any support from my parents, it was annoying! I had to buy very often my own food and cook myself. Also I don't understand people who uses fur, sacrifice ~20-30 small animals to have cloth that "looks good".

Also my friends don't understand me, they don't even eat salad haha :D

But my schools vegeterian food is awesome, I love it.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I personally hate veggies. Just for one reason.

they still consume dairy produce, I mean, it's not okay to kill them but it is okay to impregnate a cow every whenever just to get milk. I have more respect for Vegans for that matter.

I could never be a veggie just cause I like Bacon and Donna Meat to much
[donate][/donate]
iemnaiz
Chuck
First name: ZIAN

Post by iemnaiz »

woah. you're going to heaven lololol. you guys are cool but i don't think i can stand being a vegetarian even for just a week. i.. love bacon :(
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

samueeL wrote:Also my friends don't understand me, they don't even eat salad haha :D
That's just insane. Salad is awesome. My schoold have good vegatarian food to, i eat it sometimes when the regular food looks to weird.
Janet
Pedo

Post by Janet »

Madjid wrote:
You mean....Their.

i love you mommy,i r just being sarkastik lol jk
ah i didn't check it that much, it was a long text and i was trying to find the right words to say
Boni Boy Blue wrote:I personally hate veggies. Just for one reason.

they still consume dairy produce, I mean, it's not okay to kill them but it is okay to impregnate a cow every whenever just to get milk. I have more respect for Vegans for that matter.

I could never be a veggie just cause I like Bacon and Donna Meat to much
Well, it's a two-way thing, vegans are condemning the use of furs in colder places like Alaska and Siberia, it's ridiculous, they're so far away from civilization, they can't just go to a store and buy a coat, and even if they did, it wouldn't hold warmth as well as fur would. I'd freeze in here during the winter time, warm clothes all have wool or feathers.

And the milk part, since i was young, and milk contains calcium, if i would've given it up, i would've broken my bones last winter while snowboarding. Plus we get most of our milk from the few cows my grandmother has, the conditions are very good, and well, i don't think milking a cow is the same as slitting their throats and letting them bleed out so someone could have jerky with their beer.

It's a kind of subject you can spend pages of arguing.
Emil wrote:
Madjid wrote:
You mean....Their.

Haha, yeah. Well i guess if you do something different that not many people do you gonna meet a lot of igorance. But here it's so common that alomost nobody cares if you decide to be a vegetarian. One thing that annoys me though is those weird vegetarian that say they don't eat meat but they eat fish or chicken. Is there any difference between animals?
Well, i can understand the fish part, i still ate fish too when i gave meat up at first, because i didn't want the change to be that drastic, i guess
samueeL wrote:Janet, wow! I couldn't love you more at this point! wow! You're awesome!

When I first started to drop off meat, I didn't get any support from my parents, it was annoying! I had to buy very often my own food and cook myself. Also I don't understand people who uses fur, sacrifice ~20-30 small animals to have cloth that "looks good".

Also my friends don't understand me, they don't even eat salad haha :D

Lulz, love you too *hugz*

Yeah, even my brother didn't support me at all, he was always being a dick about it, but now he just doesn't care, lol

I love salad and fresh food, it's so good, my friends don't like it much either, their usual response is "eww, no meat?"

Ah, i wish my school had vegetarian food, sometimes i just wouldn't eat because there really was nothing i could.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

I'm not vegetarian, I respect veggies but i cant stand the ones who claim to be veggies just to be cool
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

I was a vegetarian for about a month last year. My parents gave me so much shit for it and eventually forced me to go back to eating meat. I think I'm going to try again, though.
ReemFTW
All Killer No Filler
First name: Reem

Post by ReemFTW »

I really respect vegetarians and I plan to become one when I grow older, because I actually need meat now... I'm so thin. I'm a huuuuge tree-hugger so preventing climate change is one of the main reasons I want to become a vegetarian. And um.. yeah. I'm already trying to stop eating red meat so.. yeah. (:
*best signature in the world*
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

Bass Cone wrote:I was a vegetarian for about a month last year. My parents gave me so much shit for it and eventually forced me to go back to eating meat. I think I'm going to try again, though.
If you decide to be vegetarian again, can i eat your sheep?

OWNED
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

Madjid wrote:
Bass Cone wrote:I was a vegetarian for about a month last year. My parents gave me so much shit for it and eventually forced me to go back to eating meat. I think I'm going to try again, though.
If you decide to be vegetarian again, can i eat your sheep?
You wouldn't want them. They're too old for market. :surprised:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

For every animal you don't eat, I'll eat 3.

Just kidding, imagine how fat I'd get!

I'll have something serious to add later when I'm not at work...
Liam.
Bunkface

Post by Liam. »

most vegetarian's are probably much healthier than meat eaters... just 'cause they're much more aware of they're eating. I envy that.
but I could never stop eating meat, it just tastes too good. and I know sometimes the animals we eat are kept in intolerable and completely unacceptable conditions, so we make sure it's sourced from a decent place and that the animal was kept in good conditions.

we were designed to eat meat, and we're top of the food chain.