Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

sumelf
Hooch
Instrument 2: Guitar

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by sumelf »

498 already, let's do our best! =)
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

FuckT41182 wrote:well,we're still only on 497 ...and if we said till the album is out,it could be any minute from now :silly:
Well I was talking about the release date, but we could still beat it before the leak. We're at 498!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

sumelf wrote:Our community in Russia finally got more fans than MCR community, don't know why i hate those stupid pseudo-emo girls from mcr support, but i love their music. btw we won! :devious:
so you love MCR,but you hate their fan girls ? every band has it's fan girls,maybe except for Exploited,Madball,Refused and those,cause they don't have any slow songs ..
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
sumelf
Hooch

Post by sumelf »

i can't find where to vote for sums on mtv =/ fuck mtv!
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

TomiT14 wrote:About the MTV March Madness thing, how/when can you vote? I didn't find a way to vote for the Sums?
The voting opens in stages. At the moment you can only vote for the first couple of match-ups ("Midwest" wing of the bracket). Posts below the current voting are from last year's MMM.

Sum 41 vs. Arcade Fire should appear there later this week or next week.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

well,I only voted for A7X yet
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

FuckT41182 wrote:well,we're still only on 497
498, dawg!

RE: Arcade Fire. They seem to be huge over here, I mean they headlined the Irish and British festivals last Summer and are scheduled to do so again this Summer. It was funny though, they were the headline act at Oxegen (I know..) last July, playing last on the Friday night. It was pissing rain and Jay-Z went on right before Arcade Fire. According to various reports, 40,000 people turned out for Jay Z, but less than 1,000 stayed to watch Arcade Fire in the rain. Poor bastards!

Either way, that song 'Intervention' is the bollocks
sumelf
Hooch

Post by sumelf »

FuckT41182 wrote:
sumelf wrote:Our community in Russia finally got more fans than MCR community, don't know why i hate those stupid pseudo-emo girls from mcr support, but i love their music. btw we won! :devious:
so you love MCR,but you hate their fan girls ? every band has it's fan girls,maybe except for Exploited,Madball,Refused and those,cause they don't have any slow songs ..
no, i hated the fact that in this community were much more fans than in sum 41 community (i personally think that sums deserves more than mcr) however, in mcr community there're a lot of girls who care only about sweet gay-vocalist or something like that, not the music. btw Deryck isn't so awesome to attract a lot of girls and i understand why we've got here a lot of guys and almost no girls.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Arcade Fire pulled a fairly big crowd at Reading last year. I checked them out after NOFX and it was fairly packed. didn't seem as big a crowd as Blink 182 though.

ps, I want this album, please.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

sumelf wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
no, i hated the fact that in this community were much more fans than in sum 41 community (i personally think that sums deserves more than mcr) however, in mcr community there're a lot of girls who care only about sweet gay-vocalist or something like that, not the music. btw Deryck isn't so awesome to attract a lot of girls and i understand why we've got here a lot of guys and almost no girls.
well,you certainly know nothing about MCR,so our further discussion would lead nowhere ;) MCR,although I really don't like the new album,developed their own sound,which is why I love them ...that's all I can say

but fuck everything,now I am into the old punk so hard that I won't get out,never !
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Another Cone interview. Nothing new really.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

TomiT14 wrote:Another Cone interview. Nothing new really.
Great introduction though:
I remember when I first saw the Sum 41, it was like watching the Sex Pistols mixed with the Beastie Boys and Slayer. It was such a random combination, but they pulled it off and they pulled it off well. I remember watching MTV’s Metallica ICON special and Sum 41 was the house band and they sounded better than Korn, Limp Bizkit, Snoop Dogg, Avril Lavigne and Staind. They’re a band that has graduated to that veteran status and they’re back with a new heavy, darker and intense album, “Screaming Bloody Murder.”
Edit: My postcount grabs the devil by the horns and fucks him up the ass.
Last edited by Simon on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
punkbizzy
Bunkface
First name: Tiago

Post by punkbizzy »

FuckT41182 wrote:
sumelf wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
well,you certainly know nothing about MCR,so our further discussion would lead nowhere ;) MCR,although I really don't like the new album,developed their own sound,which is why I love them ...that's all I can say

but fuck everything,now I am into the old punk so hard that I won't get out,never !
If you think that MCR sound is new and original and you think SUM 41 sound is not, you don't know nothing at all. :silly:

Check what that guy says in that interview with Cone :glad:
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Lol to be honest I think MCR's sound is definitely more original than The Sums, people only seem to claim they copy Queen and they're nothing like that. Sum 41 you can tell takes a lot of inspiration from many different places. It's not a bad thing though, I like the Sums better.
sumelf
Hooch

Post by sumelf »

I said that i love mcr a lot, i don't like when people in the fan club because of pretty band members instead of music :suicide:
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

w00t! Got an e-mail from my favourite store today. It's not like a big firm with shops all over the world, but just one man running it. I asked him if he would have SBM on the 28th. He answered: "Sure, I'll even have it on Friday!"

3 days scratched from my countdown-calendar at once!
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Lars wrote:w00t! Got an e-mail from my favourite store today. It's not like a big firm with shops all over the world, but just one man running it. I asked him if he would have SBM on the 28th. He answered: "Sure, I'll even have it on Friday!"

3 days scratched from my countdown-calendar at once!
Welcome to the club!
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

EDIT: Thought this was worth its own thread.

SBM release date delayed in Japan
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

We'll reach the 500 pages soon !
Glad for you that it arrives the 25th :winkwink:
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

dunno if it's been posted but new photoshoot from KerrangMagazine http://bit.ly/ehK5EB