Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by TomiT14 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:It would be kinda lame to not discuss it here.. as this is the 'Screaming Bloody Murder discussion thread'
A few people chose not to listen to BIME cause they didn't want to ruin the surprise(the whole point of not downloading the leak cause it's not about having respect for the band but about saving the surprise for later) and BIME got discussed in this thread so it's not a different thing
How is it any more lame to discuss it elsewhere? It's still the same forum and the same people! :holyshit:

BIME was different. There were only like 4 or 5 people who decided not to listen to it. But it's different since the song was officially released, not leaked. It would be the same if someone said he/she doesn't want to listen to the album until his/her birthday on April 20th. That would be his/her choice, and the forum wouldn't need to react to it, since the album would be officially out by then.

But this is the album we're talking about. The earliest official release date is on March 23rd. If the album is found on internet before that, it's a leak. There are a lot (by that I mean dozens, unlike just a handful with BIME) of people who don't appreciate the leak. But the same people do appreciate the people who want to listen to the leak. So why can't the leak-lovers appreciate the leak-haters? Why can't you see that?

We have waited this for over two years. Why are you so eager to ruin this waiting now?
Just like Samuel said,
I feel like the best part of SBM has been waiting for it
so why ruin it?

Of course it's out of our hands if someone would accidentaly come to this thread to discuss it. But I can't understand why you want all of them to come here to ruin the day for a big amount of people.
Is that the TNS-family spirit we want?
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

TomiT14 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:It would be kinda lame to not discuss it here.. as this is the 'Screaming Bloody Murder discussion thread'
A few people chose not to listen to BIME cause they didn't want to ruin the surprise(the whole point of not downloading the leak cause it's not about having respect for the band but about saving the surprise for later) and BIME got discussed in this thread so it's not a different thing
How is it any more lame to discuss it elsewhere? It's still the same forum and the same people! :holyshit:

BIME was different. There were only like 4 or 5 people who decided not to listen to it. But it's different since the song was officially released, not leaked. It would be the same if someone said he/she doesn't want to listen to the album until his/her birthday on April 20th. That would be his/her choice, and the forum wouldn't need to react to it, since the album would be officially out by then.

But this is the album we're talking about. The earliest official release date is on March 23rd. If the album is found on internet before that, it's a leak. There are a lot (by that I mean dozens, unlike just a handful with BIME) of people who don't appreciate the leak. But the same people do appreciate the people who want to listen to the leak. So why can't the leak-lovers appreciate the leak-haters? Why can't you see that?

We have waited this for over two years. Why are you so eager to ruin this waiting now?
Just like Samuel said,
I feel like the best part of SBM has been waiting for it
so why ruin it?

Of course it's out of our hands if someone would accidentaly come to this thread to discuss it. But I can't understand why you want all of them to come here to ruin the day for a big amount of people.
Is that the TNS-family spirit we want?
A lot of people were saying that they wouldn't listen to a single song before the release date... yet they immediately listened to BIME when it came out..

And what's the difference between a leaked song and a song that got officially released if you don't want to ruin the
surprise?..

It would be weird to ignore the album discussion thread(the whole point of that thread is discussing the album) and discuss it in a different thread.. besides, when it leaks there's probably nothing to talk about but the new songs.. so it would just kill the biggest thread on TNS which was created to dicuss this album
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:A lot of people were saying that they wouldn't listen to a single song before the release date... yet they immediately listened to BIME when it came out..
Your point being? It's up to everyone to decide when to listen. And you know the expression "caving in"? Even if you tell everyone that you're not going to listen to the leak, you could still cave in and listen. It's up to you.
blackhawk1105 wrote:And what's the difference between a leaked song and a song that got officially released if you don't want to ruin the surprise?..
The surprise thing is, again, up to everyone to decide. But again, this is a fansite with tight connections to the band itself. That's why we are not going to provide the link to the leak. That's the difference. BIME wasn't a leak, so there were download links everywhere. The band encouraged everyone to listen to that song.

But remember when there was a rumor of SBM leaking? Matt called Nic the moment he heard about it. So it's obvious the band doesn't want the album to leak. The band wants us to have a chance to listen to the songs as soon as possible. But they don't support the leak, but they can't do anything about it either.

Same here at TNS. The leak will happen, no matter what. Still we won't support it by giving the link to the leak. But it would be too harsh to deny all the leak discussion. So that way it's okay to discuss the leak, but it's not encouraged.
blackhawk1105 wrote:It would be weird to ignore the album discussion thread(the whole point of that thread is discussing the album) and discuss it in a different thread.. besides, when it leaks there's probably nothing to talk about but the new songs.. so it would just kill the biggest thread on TNS which was created to dicuss this album
Kill? Did you just say kill? Do you really think that all the discussion would just totally end during the time between the leak and the album release? Really?
Did the thread die when there were no updates during the writing process? So why the hell would it die now? :glad:

Two things I don't understand right now.
First, why do we need to talk about this again? I thought it was clear already 200 pages ago?
Secondly, why? Why the hell are you so eager to ruin this for a big amount of people? You're part of TNS staff now, you should stand for the TNS principles, not fight them.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

keep it up guys,we're getting closer to five hundred posts
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

A bit off-topic, but who preordered the iTunes version ?
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

FuckT41182 wrote:keep it up guys,we're getting closer to five hundred posts
*five hundred PAGES. that's 10,000 posts (aka holy fucking shit).
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Faeyaner wrote:Jeremy, are you sure you cannot pre-order SBM? Cause when tried to pre-order it via iTunes it says: Available only in the canadian store
I'm sure. It was available March 8th, but I tried to pre-order and it said it wasn't available in the Canadian store. Then the next day the pre-order disappears! I even checked the pre-order page where it lists all the pre-orders and Screaming Bloody Murder wasn't even listed (it was listed the day before). I just checked again today and it still isn't listed. iTunes is fucked!
TomiT14 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:There's going to be a music video filmed for Screaming Bloody Murder some time this week before the 12th. Who knows when it'll be out.
Where have you heard this? I highly doubt they would shoot the video in Spain.
I'm guessing they would shoot it in LA, which means they would do that during March 20th to 24th.
It was in the interview with TNS/es that Stevo mentioned shooting the video when they got back from Australia. They have a few days off before the 12th, so I figured that's probably when they'll try to do it.

@5:14
182sins wrote:A bit off-topic, but who preordered the iTunes version ?
Not me, although I would've liked to, but iTunes... stupid, friggen technology.

Anyway, regarding the leak and all that stuff, I will try my best to keep the discussion out of this thread to respect the ones who don't want anything spoiled for them. Besides, this thread is a mess and a pain to have to read through everyday. Having a separate thread for a leak discussion will keep things organized.

Besides, once the album is released I can almost guarantee this thread will be locked and a new one will be made. This thread was really just for following the happenings of the new album and will have served its purpose one the album is out.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

dbauer91 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:keep it up guys,we're getting closer to five hundred posts
*five hundred PAGES. that's 10,000 posts (aka holy fucking shit).
fuck,and I was so sure that nobody will notice it ! :devious:
but you did,you've won a night with Bobby
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

TomiT14 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:A lot of people were saying that they wouldn't listen to a single song before the release date... yet they immediately listened to BIME when it came out..
Your point being? It's up to everyone to decide when to listen. And you know the expression "caving in"? Even if you tell everyone that you're not going to listen to the leak, you could still cave in and listen. It's up to you.
blackhawk1105 wrote:And what's the difference between a leaked song and a song that got officially released if you don't want to ruin the surprise?..
The surprise thing is, again, up to everyone to decide. But again, this is a fansite with tight connections to the band itself. That's why we are not going to provide the link to the leak. That's the difference. BIME wasn't a leak, so there were download links everywhere. The band encouraged everyone to listen to that song.

But remember when there was a rumor of SBM leaking? Matt called Nic the moment he heard about it. So it's obvious the band doesn't want the album to leak. The band wants us to have a chance to listen to the songs as soon as possible. But they don't support the leak, but they can't do anything about it either.

Same here at TNS. The leak will happen, no matter what. Still we won't support it by giving the link to the leak. But it would be too harsh to deny all the leak discussion. So that way it's okay to discuss the leak, but it's not encouraged.
blackhawk1105 wrote:It would be weird to ignore the album discussion thread(the whole point of that thread is discussing the album) and discuss it in a different thread.. besides, when it leaks there's probably nothing to talk about but the new songs.. so it would just kill the biggest thread on TNS which was created to dicuss this album
Kill? Did you just say kill? Do you really think that all the discussion would just totally end during the time between the leak and the album release? Really?
Did the thread die when there were no updates during the writing process? So why the hell would it die now? :glad:

Two things I don't understand right now.
First, why do we need to talk about this again? I thought it was clear already 200 pages ago?
Secondly, why? Why the hell are you so eager to ruin this for a big amount of people? You're part of TNS staff now, you should stand for the TNS principles, not fight them.
First of all.. I'm not promoting to spread the leak but this will happen, there's no stopping that..
Secondly, I'm not trying to ruin it for people, I just can't agree with the fact that the SBM discussion thread is created to discuss the album and should be used to discuss the album..

And yes, the thread would die in a way.. the reason why it didn't die when there was a lack of updates was the fact that people discussed things regarding the new album.. when it leaks it's the album everyone wants to talk about..

Btw the fact that Matt called Nic when there was a rumor about a leak doesn't mean that they don't want it to leak(just pointing that out, I'm not going to argue about it)
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:It was in the interview with TNS/es that Stevo mentioned shooting the video when they got back from Australia. They have a few days off before the 12th, so I figured that's probably when they'll try to do it.
By the time that interview was made, the Valencia date wasn't announced yet. And neither were the dates from 16th to 19th. Well of course I don't know what they have planned, but I highly doubt they would shoot it in Spain. I'm thinking of LA, but Canada would work too.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:First of all.. I'm not promoting to spread the leak but this will happen, there's no stopping that..
Secondly, I'm not trying to ruin it for people, I just can't agree with the fact that the SBM discussion thread is created to discuss the album and should be used to discuss the album..
You have your opinion of course. But that doesn't mean that it should be that way. Especially when it was already cleared out months ago, and again by Jeremy few posts above.
blackhawk1105 wrote:And yes, the thread would die in a way.. the reason why it didn't die when there was a lack of updates was the fact that people discussed things regarding the new album.. when it leaks it's the album everyone wants to talk about..
So you're saying that those who did not download the leak would just shut up and wouldn't talk about anything album releated for few weeks then? Give me a break already!
blackhawk1105 wrote:Btw the fact that Matt called Nic when there was a rumor about a leak doesn't mean that they don't want it to leak(just pointing that out, I'm not going to argue about it)
Why the fuck would they WANT it to leak? They have never said so. They've just said that they can't help it.
And why would Matt call Nic if it was something they wanted or didn't care about?

I'm sorry, but even after trying hard, I still just can't understand you right now.
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

182sins wrote:A bit off-topic, but who preordered the iTunes version ?
I never, I hate digital albums.
Jeremy Kill
"Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Jeremy Kill »

TomiT14 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:It was in the interview with TNS/es that Stevo mentioned shooting the video when they got back from Australia. They have a few days off before the 12th, so I figured that's probably when they'll try to do it.
By the time that interview was made, the Valencia date wasn't announced yet. And neither were the dates from 16th to 19th. Well of course I don't know what they have planned, but I highly doubt they would shoot it in Spain. I'm thinking of LA, but Canada would work too.
Ah I see, yeah, I just read on Cone's Twitter about them landing in Spain. I was going to come back to edit my post, haha. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

I'm gonna stop arguing now.. there's no point I'm sticking to my opinion and so are you..

One last thing.. I'm not saying they want it to leak, I'm saying they wouldn't mind if it leaked.. I can even imagine them wanting it to leak cause everyone gets to hear the music that they have been trying to get released asap sooner but that's not for sure so consider that unsaid
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Yeah right, they're working 2 fucking years on a brand new record and they wouldn't mind if there's a LQ-leak floating around before their album is released?

These days, selling records has become less and less important, but still... What artist would like the fact his music is downloaded illegal?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I wouldn't go as far as to say the bands actually wants the album to leak. They've just accepted the fact that people will listen to this album whether they buy it or download it and that's all that matters.

One last thing about the leak discussion; even though discussion gets moved, it won't affect the overall activity on TNS, which in the end is more important than a thread that will inevitably die anyway.
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

Lars wrote:Yeah right, they're working 2 fucking years on a brand new record and they wouldn't mind if there's a LQ-leak floating around before their album is released?

These days, selling records has become less and less important, but still... What artist would like the fact his music is downloaded illegal?
I think they'd like it to be out as soon as possible and by Derycks attitude he really couldn't give a shit tbh. But on the other hand they wouldn't want people to illegally download it in low quality and not buy the record. So they would and they wouldn't want a leak, they'd be happier without one I think but they wouldn't be overly bothered if it did leak.

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

I feel I've done my part with the leak discussion for now, so I'm going to change the topic.

About the video, I'm starting to think that we shouldn't count on it. The label is already pushing BIME as the second single, so I wonder if they have any interest anymore to invest in shooting a video for the first single. Especially with Sums' touring schedule, they don't have too much time to shoot that before the album release.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer

Post by Mitchell »

It'll probably get shot in April.. there's barely time to do it in March
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

TomiT14 wrote:I feel I've done my part with the leak discussion for now, so I'm going to change the topic.

About the video, I'm starting to think that we shouldn't count on it. The label is already pushing BIME as the second single, so I wonder if they have any interest anymore to invest in shooting a video for the first single. Especially with Sums' touring schedule, they don't have too much time to shoot that before the album release.
Well, BIME has been removed from Youtube according to a new thread, so I believe there still will be a vid for SBM, Sum 41 have said it's basically a representation of the album and they had an idea for the video so it would be a waste not to do one, I know it's late but they should do it. And afterwards confirm BIME as the second single and do a vid for it also. It would be better to get one out asap but we know Sum 41, it'll end up being done in April.

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe