Tron: Legacy - 7½/10
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: Rate The Latest Movie You've Seen

Post by FuckT41182 »

Still Waiting wrote:Harry potter and the deathly hallows
it was pretty good, better than the rest except for the 3rd
Harry Potter movies suck ass since the third one, Prisoner of Azkaban was the last good one, the best one of them ...

I gave 3/10 to DH on IMDB(still better than the fifth one 1/10) ...it sucked so hard, the scene where they said that Moody died, I was laughing for 5 minutes, it was so pathetic :)

the only good thing about the movie is the scene of the story of the three brothers, but I guess we can't give the credit to the director for that, can we? :P

I'm sorry, I still just can't understand why did they have to change directors just to keep the worst one in forever ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

american psycho - 9/10.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Harry Potter movies suck ass since the third one, Prisoner of Azkaban was the last good one, the best one of them ...

I gave 3/10 to DH on IMDB(still better than the fifth one 1/10) ...it sucked so hard, the scene where they said that Moody died, I was laughing for 5 minutes, it was so pathetic :)

the only good thing about the movie is the scene of the story of the three brothers, but I guess we can't give the credit to the director for that, can we? :P

I'm sorry, I still just can't understand why did they have to change directors just to keep the worst one in forever ...
99 times out of 100, Books > films.
fuck this signature nonsense
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Gregorovich wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:

99 times out of 100, Books > films.
Frank Darabont(Shawshank Redemption , The Green Mile) - you just need a director who actually knows how to make a good movie
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

i always thought the harry potter films were bad. the scenes with adult actors are alright, but daniel radcliff is a horrible actor, i cringed every time he had a magic battle or whateverthefuck they call it.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

they are bad, especially since David Yates, he kinda thinks that every scene in the book is weak and he must change it for the best of the movie, and he also skips a lot of important stuff , I mean, from the movies you have no idea how amazing the Harry Potter story really is , but the first three were at least average ...
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

They can never capture the magic in a movie, unless they make it 5 hours long and are directed cooperatively by rowling and speilberg.

Anyway, I just watched Inglorious Basterds. Loved it, but it wasn't at all what I expected. I thought even though it was quite long (didn't feel like that while watching it though), the end was rushed a little. Very sudden, like BOOM! and then a short scene and that's it over.
Spoiler: show
I also loved how I though I knew how it was going to end because they were being 'historically accurate'. Oh how wrong i was... :devious: Killing Hitler like that was just genious. Maybe a little too gory though.
I'd give it an 8.5
Jesse1280

Post by Jesse1280 »

Tangled 9/10
Looked amazing, I liked the story, it was different from the original tale! Disney did a great job!
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Gregorovich wrote:They can never capture the magic in a movie, unless they make it 5 hours long and are directed cooperatively by rowling and speilberg.
sure they can't, book will always be a book, but you still can make an awesome movie that follows the book from like 80% and gives you the same feelings as book does, Frank Tarabon, as I have written above, managed to do that 2 times ...
Susanne
Goon

Post by Susanne »

I try to think of movies based on books as something completely separate to the actual books. Especially with Harry Potter. The movies are ok (talking about HP here) but could never be as good as the books so I find it best to try and not to compare them. And even if the movies wouldn't be worse than books, they'd most likely be quite different at least. So mainly I guess I just try not to disappoint myself with what I do =P
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:They can never capture the magic in a movie, unless they make it 5 hours long and are directed cooperatively by rowling and speilberg.
sure they can't, book will always be a book, but you still can make an awesome movie that follows the book from like 80% and gives you the same feelings as book does, Frank Tarabon, as I have written above, managed to do that 2 times ...
I generally think that movies and books shouldnt be based off each other. If it truly is a great and well-written book, making a movie defeats the purpose entirely. Whereas movies are meant to be filled with well-acted, produced and directed scenes. Theyre two different things which can seldom coexist. It's like making a good movie out of Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment, or a good book out of Die Hard.
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

The Runaways - 8/10 ... great movie, I've seen just great movies last 3 months, awesome streak.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Gregorovich wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
I generally think that movies and books shouldnt be based off each other. If it truly is a great and well-written book, making a movie defeats the purpose entirely. Whereas movies are meant to be filled with well-acted, produced and directed scenes. Theyre two different things which can seldom coexist. It's like making a good movie out of Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment, or a good book out of Die Hard.
I can't imagine not having Shawshank Redemption ... it would just not be right ...
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Tell ya one movie based off a book I loved. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. They captured perfectly Douglas Adams' sense of strangely funny bewilderment at the oddities of existance. I mean, come on. Stephen Fry narrating, "The universe is big. Really big"- that's what the book was all about! 2 of the greatest british actors of all time in one epic movie written by a genious.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Gregorovich wrote:Tell ya one movie based off a book I loved. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. They captured perfectly Douglas Adams' sense of strangely funny bewilderment at the oddities of existance. I mean, come on. Stephen Fry narrating, "The universe is big. Really big"- that's what the book was all about! 2 of the greatest british actors of all time in one epic movie written by a genious.
okey okety :P but still, have you watched Shawshank Redemption(the best movie on IMDB) or The Green Mile ? I don't know a single person who don't like these movies, not a single one, especially Shawshank ...

and I also can't imagine the life of movies without Bourne's Trilogy
silverdolphin
Hooch
First name: Zee
Instrument 2: Keyboard
Instrument 3: Bass

Post by silverdolphin »

Fight Club - 9/10. I didn't watch the beginning :sosad:
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Post by Ferdehh41 »

8 mile 8/10
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

FuckT41182 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:Tell ya one movie based off a book I loved. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. They captured perfectly Douglas Adams' sense of strangely funny bewilderment at the oddities of existance. I mean, come on. Stephen Fry narrating, "The universe is big. Really big"- that's what the book was all about! 2 of the greatest british actors of all time in one epic movie written by a genious.
okey okety :P but still, have you watched Shawshank Redemption(the best movie on IMDB) or The Green Mile ? I don't know a single person who don't like these movies, not a single one, especially Shawshank ...

and I also can't imagine the life of movies without Bourne's Trilogy
Actually I have never watched any of those movies. I don't know why, it's always like this. I have literally done nothing.