Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Noreason757 »

Simon wrote:Eminem's Relapse was probably the best record of the last 5 years (I even bought it) and ironically the attitude it had, had more in common with great rock than it had with great rap. I haven't listened to Recovery yet though.
But I do kind of agree with Deryck, although I think most of it is just the filter of time and only half-serious or hyperbolically speaking to avoid having to go into the depth of it and realizing it is not actually that simple. I think the missing piece of the puzzle these days is the iconic status, because the pool of bands to choose from has suddenly exploded, which probably empowered him to pursue his own music even more. At least that's how I feel about it and I rarely feel things much differently than him.

Dude you have to listen to recovery its amazing especially for a rap album it landed on my top 5 albums for 2010 list
dbauer91
Billy Spleen
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Post by dbauer91 »

Noreason757 wrote:
Simon wrote:Eminem's Relapse was probably the best record of the last 5 years (I even bought it) and ironically the attitude it had, had more in common with great rock than it had with great rap. I haven't listened to Recovery yet though.
But I do kind of agree with Deryck, although I think most of it is just the filter of time and only half-serious or hyperbolically speaking to avoid having to go into the depth of it and realizing it is not actually that simple. I think the missing piece of the puzzle these days is the iconic status, because the pool of bands to choose from has suddenly exploded, which probably empowered him to pursue his own music even more. At least that's how I feel about it and I rarely feel things much differently than him.

Dude you have to listen to recovery its amazing especially for a rap album it landed on my top 5 albums for 2010 list

as this site's eminem expert, relapse shits all over recovery. better beats, more ballsy/hilarious punchlines, and just a more enjoyable listen. recovery is inconsistent as fuck and is easily his worst album.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

uhh i don't think views on eminems albums belong in this topic
Last edited by Tyler. on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

Tyler. wrote:uhh i don't think views on eminems albums belong in this topic
Read again and you will see the connection,at least in my post.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Nic wrote:Join the Facebook Event for Screaming Bloody Murder!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=199801570046339
Whoa Nic, finally, new avatar! :2cool4u:
Yours is ftw!
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

Nic wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Nic wrote:Join the Facebook Event for Screaming Bloody Murder!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=199801570046339
Whoa Nic, finally, new avatar! :2cool4u:
Yours is ftw!
both of yours, epic win!
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Simon wrote:
Tyler. wrote:uhh i don't think views on eminems albums belong in this topic
Read again and you will see the connection,at least in my post.
yeah yours was fine but then people started talking about their views on which album was better etc, that's not for this topic lol.

so i haven't been reading this topic in complete lately, do we know what 3 songs are the "12 minute song"? it's probably been said ages ago but i never noticed :/
Pocket Monkey
First name: David

Post by Pocket Monkey »

dbauer91 wrote:
Noreason757 wrote:

as this site's eminem expert, relapse shits all over recovery. better beats, more ballsy/hilarious punchlines, and just a more enjoyable listen. recovery is inconsistent as fuck and is easily his worst album.
I am also an Eminem expert xD i agree though, Recovery was more POP then Hip-Hop/Rap (except Cinderella Man of course) he completely lost his sound(his ballsy angry behavior) in exchange for something my mother would love. Instead of playing along with Marylin Manson, he is singing with P!nk and Rhianna

ANYWAYS!

I noticed most artists do better, lyricly and musically sounding when they channel their inner-darkness like Nine Inch Nails (Broken, The Downward Spiral all of their albums are amazing though) My Chemical Romance(TCFSR, Black Parade), Sum 41(New Material) and of course Eminem
pakiraider
First name: Zain

Post by pakiraider »

i know this is off topic, but is there a place on this message board i can post lyrics and poems i write and get feedback? it's a hobby lol. it also helps kill time till sbm releases, let's me channel my inner creativity. :devious:
Pocket Monkey
First name: David

Post by Pocket Monkey »

pakiraider wrote:i know this is off topic, but is there a place on this message board i can post lyrics and poems i write and get feedback? it's a hobby lol. it also helps kill time till sbm releases, let's me channel my inner creativity. :devious:
Yeah dude, just go to the Your Lyrics section.

And for future reference, dont post those things in random sections, the MODs have little tolerance for that. Anything you need to know just go to the Introduction to Destruction section
dbauer91
Billy Spleen

Post by dbauer91 »

Pocket Monkey wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:
Noreason757 wrote:

I am also an Eminem expert xD i agree though, Recovery was more POP then Hip-Hop/Rap (except Cinderella Man of course) he completely lost his sound(his ballsy angry behavior) in exchange for something my mother would love. Instead of playing along with Marylin Manson, he is singing with P!nk and Rhianna

ANYWAYS!

I noticed most artists do better, lyricly and musically sounding when they channel their inner-darkness like Nine Inch Nails (Broken, The Downward Spiral all of their albums are amazing though) My Chemical Romance(TCFSR, Black Parade), Sum 41(New Material) and of course Eminem
dude cinderella man is easily one of the worst, if not the worst, songs on recovery. but i agree, alot of the album is poppy, inconsistent shit. and just for the record, i'm pretty sure he never did any actual songs w/ manson, just the "way i am" video. and blah blah blah, good interview etc to appease the sums-only nazis.
Last edited by dbauer91 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

just open an "eminem" topic in the Other Music section. please. :suicide:
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
dbauer91
Billy Spleen

Post by dbauer91 »

2712 wrote:just open an "eminem" topic in the Other Music section. please. :suicide:
done;)
pakiraider
First name: Zain

Post by pakiraider »

Pocket Monkey wrote:
pakiraider wrote:i know this is off topic, but is there a place on this message board i can post lyrics and poems i write and get feedback? it's a hobby lol. it also helps kill time till sbm releases, let's me channel my inner creativity. :devious:
Yeah dude, just go to the Your Lyrics section.

And for future reference, dont post those things in random sections, the MODs have little tolerance for that. Anything you need to know just go to the Introduction to Destruction section

lol i didn't know that. thank you new to the board first time actually posting lol. can you guys give some feedback? I'd appreciate it
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

shitty end to the night, no sum 41 leak? bummer that wouldn't been a great pick me up, or something to listen to while i drink more...
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

Wow, this page has gotten REALLY off topic...
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Man I'm going to miss this thread after the album comes out..... When are they gonna start making another new record haha
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, after SBM is out.. and after we'll talk the shit out of it about all the cool songs on it and our fav songs and everyone gonna give a review of it here, etc, etc, this forum is gonna die for a while hehe, kinda like it was back in 2008, when the Sums were touring (poorly) for UH and there was nothing to talk about except maybe the With Me video that was released then.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Hentaiman wrote:....there was nothing to talk about except maybe the With Me video that was released then.
Hate the song.. but the video is... okay.

Im really looking forward to the SBM music vid. really really looking forward to it.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

It's not gonna die this time.. I'm sure
Last edited by Mitchell on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.