Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Re: 3 songs off SBM, and scumfuck live

Post by Nic »

fenderrocks wrote:Slipping Away was performed at an award show after Pieces, with strings and everything. And The Bitter End is on Go Chuck Yourself, so they played it live. Not sure how much they played the whole 88
Do you know if the performance of Slipping Away was every released anywhere? Audio or video.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

They performed it at the Juno's, with Deryck's voice being a bit... I don't know, distorted. It's actually only the outro of Slipping Away. Anyway:
They played 88 (full song) as well. It was on the Sympatico MSN-concert that was put online a few years back.

Btw Heather: I do own Go Chuck Yourself, but I don't have The Bitter End on it(?). But they played it at the France television show. The Canal+-thing.

EDIT: just checked their full live version of 88 again. Damn... It was fucking awesome. Vids like these just make me remember how Dave ruled live. Almost everything right on.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

they did The bitter end live a few times.. I saw an amateur video of the bitter end live at manchester university (2005) today
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Lars wrote:They performed it at the Juno's, with Deryck's voice being a bit... I don't know, distorted. It's actually only the outro of Slipping Away. Anyway:

Btw Heather: I do own Go Chuck Yourself, but I don't have The Bitter End on it(?). But they played it at the France television show. The Canal+-thing.
yeah thats the performance I was talking about. And oops on GCY, I think I was thinking of Welcome to Hell, my bad
vill_chouine
Bunkface
First name: Israël

Post by vill_chouine »

I saw bitter end lve 2 times in Quebec City...I still have one of the actual set-list...
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

ehh besides the canal studios bitter end performance and the manchester one there aren't any other videos of different bitter end performances. makes me sad...

yeah and i'm almost completely certain that 88 was played FULLY only ONCE for the Go Chuck Yourself dvd/cd
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Re: Re: 3 songs off SBM, and scumfuck live

Post by Nic »

kILLDR3n wrote:ehh besides the canal studios bitter end performance and the manchester one there aren't any other videos of different bitter end performances. makes me sad...

yeah and i'm almost completely certain that 88 was played FULLY only ONCE for the Go Chuck Yourself dvd/cd
All the fans that were in that crowd are lucky. 88 would be so rad to see live. We have to have at least a few members here that were there...
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Nic wrote:
kILLDR3n wrote:ehh besides the canal studios bitter end performance and the manchester one there aren't any other videos of different bitter end performances. makes me sad...

All the fans that were in that crowd are lucky. 88 would be so rad to see live. We have to have at least a few members here that were there...
I get the feeling members Asho and lindsey_jocz would've been there. Probably not at that exact show, but at a show from that tour.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Nic wrote:

I get the feeling members Asho and lindsey_jocz would've been there. Probably not at that exact show, but at a show from that tour.
Yeah, Asho said she was on the GCY one.

Where is she now anyways?
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

It's fucking great to hear that they are finally doing stuff about the record.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

TomiT14 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
Nic wrote:

Yeah, Asho said she was on the GCY one.

Where is she now anyways?
I follow her on Twitter, haha. I don't think she does the forum thing much nowadays though. Last time I saw her online was when Sum 41 brought back the slagbook in 2009. Otherwise, I really just see her on Twitter.